Home

EaW release day. what will you do?

Guest DarthMaulUK

What will you do when you get your copy?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What will you do when you get your copy?

• Read the manual
    • Campaign mode Empire
    • Campaign mode Rebels
    • Skirmish Mode
    • Play online
    • Play through all of the game in a day!

Guest DarthMaulUK

Theres just over 10 weeks to go until its released (for most) and I was wondering, when you get the game...what will be the first thing you do?

For me, I will probably go straight into skirmish mode and see what units do what. If I dont get a press copy early, I will then have to take screens to update the site! hehe

DMUK

I'll probably try skirmish mode as well to get the hang of playing and what all the units can do. But I'll probably be playing it all day when I do get it, so I'll be doing much more than that. But that is the first thing I will probably try.

I think fist when i get my Copy i will runn through the house and shout:"JIPPII JUHUUU JAAAA DANNKKEEEE GOTT!" and after 30 min of running around, and completed install, there will be only one way. I will throw a dice than play empire or Rebellion (the dice will decide for me ^^).

What about a "play the tutorial" option? Thats what I usually do if the game has one. I would be suprised if EaW didn't.

While the game is loading, I usually skim through the manual. When I think I have a good understanding of the basics (through the tutorial and the manual), its off to Campaign mode! (as the Rebels!)

What about a "play the tutorial" option? Thats what I usually do if the game has one. I would be suprised if EaW didn't.

While the game is loading, I usually skim through the manual. When I think I have a good understanding of the basics (through the tutorial and the manual), its off to Campaign mode! (as the Rebels!)

I'd do the same, as installation normally takes the same amount of time as it does to read a manual you get in those DVD cases (as half of its are credits)

If theres a tutorial i'll play that (unless i play a tutorial on a demo then i may leave it). Then i'll play Empire campaigne.

Like all westwood games i shall read the manual, and watch the awesome installation graphics (i hope there is for EaW) but seeming Petroglyph is not westwood, but ex-westwood staff with new people... i shall do the same :o play the game sp then go straight to mp after a few missions.

Why's "read the manual" an option? It sounds a bit like "install the game", no offense. "Everyone" reads the manual (except from those arrgoant "OMG Manualz r for teh chikenz!!1111" people who just jump into an MP game with no idea what to do and irritate everyone:rolleyes:)

Oftentimes, the first thing I do (after the manual;)) is jump into the scenario editor and mess with it. Then it's the tutorial and single-player for me. Once I get the hang of the game, I join an MP server or start one myself.

Why's "read the manual" an option? It sounds a bit like "install the game", no offense. "Everyone" reads the manual (except from those arrgoant "OMG Manualz r for teh chikenz!!1111" people who just jump into an MP game with no idea what to do and irritate everyone:rolleyes:

Well some games I dont see a need to read the manual. Such as KOTOR 2, i didnt read the manual because I already played KOTOR 1 and knew the layout. But of course I installed the game. They are entirely different tasks in my opinion.

read the manual?

crazy!

I never read the manual unless I can't play the game. I usually plunge into the game, see if I can pick it up, if I can't and I'm totally overwhelmed (like EU or NWN) I'll go back and read the manuals.

So I'll probably just dive into the first campaign, probably being the Rebel tutorial or something.

Archived