Home

Netflix/ Blockbuster Online?

Katarn07

Does anyone here get movies from these places? To me, it's one of the dumbest ideas ever. As an employee of Blockbuster, I do get a free month trial and I just got it about 10 days ago. I have to say, it sucks. I only got it for TV shows we don't carry instore (Gargoyles and Monk Season 3 were the main things I wanted).

So I got Monk disc 2 on a Saturday and discs 1 and 3 on Monday. If they were all sent the same day (which is what it says in my email), why did I get them outta order and at different times? Post Office's fault? I don't see how but I'm not an expert on how they work. I sent them all back on Monday and the next day it said they recieved them and are sending out Monk disc 4 and Gargoyles Season 2 discs 1 and 2. I just pulled disc 2 out of the mail box.

Err, hold up. Season 2? The website says that the first season is in stock, so why don't they send it? It is actually a show with a story arc in it despite it being a "cartoon for kids." I asked support, and of course they gave me the runabout my quoting FAQ answers (which I had read) and it's all a load of BS. Anyone who has this program, have you had problems with it? And to those who don't have it and have been considering getting it, all I have to say is DON'T!

In fact, all of you who go to Blockbuster instead of Hollywood (yeah, I worked there for a year before I switched), you're getting screwed over. Hollywood's cheaper, has more of a selection, and the corporate doesn't push stupid sales on every customer that comes up. Funny how when I quit Hollywood, I hated the new management. When I came to Blockbuster, I adore the management but the corporation itself sucks. I could go into all sorts of stories but I vented off enough steam for now.

If i were you i'd only put the next bit of each series on your wishlist... i doubt it's clever enough to assign you disks in order.. it probably just picks the first disk that is available and assigns it to you...

I've never used them (well, for one thing i'm in the uk, but we have similar schemes). But at least it would solve my usual video shop dilema: Standing there for 45 minutes trying to decide... giving up and renting 3 films instead of one, and then havnig to take 2 back unwatched because i never got around to watching them. Grr.

If i were you i'd only put the next bit of each series on your wishlist... i doubt it's clever enough to assign you disks in order.. it probably just picks the first disk that is available and assigns it to you...

Yeah, well I responded to the stupid answer by saying they should do something where you have the option to assign them in order. It already does for seasons, but not the complete series. They should've put two and two together.

And as for why I don't like Blockbuster, we're constantly asking people to sign up for all sorts of crap they don't need and if we don't sell enough, now we're getting written up :rolleyes: I went into retail, not into a sales position as a salesman. Fortunately I surpass my weekly quota most of the time, but the premise is still dumb.

Another thing is they constantly are upset with the number of shrink. Of course that's understandable, but what pisses me off is our manager came up with his own policies such as having all previously played games behind the counter and their cases on the shelf empty. All new retail movies would be safe behind the counter. But the District Manager insists it's against store policy and because we didn't get it approved, we can't do that anymore. WHAT THE HELL?! Seriously, they want us to prevent theft but we can't do it our way? Screw them.

Ok, done with the rant. Glad you guys didn't have problems. Did you order TV shows or just movies though?

My family renewed for our second year of Netflix. Got me hooked on Azumanga Daioh, let me see the entire series of FireFly, and other totally cool movies. We've never set foot in a Block Buster for about a year. :D

I totally recommend.

blockbuster online sucks....going in-store is much much easier, and hell i can return them same day and get new ones. none of that 'delayed cause of holiday' or 'no mail on sunday' bull****. -_- netflix sounds good tho, but i still like going into blockbuster.

I really SHOULD sign up to one of these companies... I buy DVDs at an insane rate, and even though I never pay full price its pretty expensive... especially as i seem to buy them faster than i watch them. And in 4 years time they'll all be worthless when HD DVD makes them all obsolete.

But i guess i just like collecting stuff... :(

Ja, I only had to look up what "MST3K" was on Wikipedia. :p

I demand you give yourself a severe beating then rent as many MST3Ks as you can and then, for good measure, give yourself a severe beating again and this time make sure to really work the groin over well.

Only then will you be forgiven for this most grievous sin. :xp:

Ok... after looking at Netflix, I am so trying it out and probably switching. $18 for 3 DVDs at a time and unlimited rentals a month. My dad is paying like $30 for Blockbuster's movie pass thingy for 2 DVDs at one time and unlimited rentals a month. Plus, factor in gas to drive to the store... not worth it.

I demand you give yourself a severe beating then rent as many MST3Ks as you can and then, for good measure, give yourself a severe beating again and this time make sure to really work the groin over well.

Only then will you be forgiven for this most grievous sin. :xp:

Hey! I those shows were on when I was only about 4 or 5! :p

I know what it is, though, and only saw one... The one with the guy with the huge eyebrows :D "Look! It's eyebrow man!"

*Goes off to rent movies and beat myself in the groin area :p*

• 1 month later...

Netflix was like my favorite thing ever until they "throttled" me. Then, it took FOREVER to get the movies I wanted. So, I just quit them and went back to the old fashioned way. Walking into Blockbuster and pulling 'em oof the shelf. The part that pisses me off is I spent so much time raving about Netflix I convinced 8 people to join. I'm angry I gave them all that business.

BLOW ME, NETFLIX

I use Screenselect and that does assign a series in order, curently I have firefly on my list.

If it is two films however eg Kill bill 1 and 2 you would have to wait before putting the second one on your list.

Anyway apart from the occasional scratched disk, I have had no problem.

Archived