Home

Happy Valentine's Day

mjpb3

the ****ed up thing is, it's not even 2 months after christmas!!!! anyway, i actually deposited money into my account today. My wallet had $64 in it, so i put $50 into the checking account. lol...then i bought myself a $10 watch, some rootbeer, vanilla ice cream, and whipped cream for a rootbeer float...costed about $16 then i put $14 in my car's gas tank.

^^^ Lol, were we really all that offtopic? Seems like it. :sweat:

I more or less echo Carthaholic's sentiments towards valentines, sans all that seething hatred...I just think it's stoooopid.

Well I don't actually hate Valentine's day in the way I displayed earlier (I was just trying to bring some humour to the thread :p) nor to I mind being single all that much actually, hehe. But I certainly don't like Valentine's 'commercial' tendencies tho, it just seems to exist only to have us spend money (like just about every other holidays when you think about it...). But seriously, why is there even a need for such a holiday anyway? In truth, shouldn't we be cherishing Love and our significant others every day of our life?

Also, I'd celebrate Valentine's Day, however...

(...Roman oppression...)

Not very romantic when you think about it :xp:

Well, in a way it can be seen as a bit romantic that people would be willing to brave the risk of marrying the one they love, despite knowing they would be persecuted and harshly punished if the wrong people found out. :)

though there are at least some people who celebrate Christmas for the right reasons.

(snip)

Do some people really need to buy and recieve [gifts] to feel loved and accepted? If so, then these people are [sad].

What are "the right reasons"? Isn't the charm of our free, secular society is that people are no longer tightly bound by religious dogma and are free to do things for reasons that matter to them? :)

As for giving gifts, it's one way of showing someone that you care about them. The thought and intent matters more than the gift itself. Though of course unexpected gifts warm the heart more than "scheduled" gifts that you more or less know you will get. :)

Well, I had a lovely Valentines Day. I got my wife some roses with proceeds going to the local children's hospital. We got a babysitter and wen't out for a nice dinner. Nothing expensive and nothing fancy, but what could be better than each other's company?

Valentine's Day is only as commercial as you make it.

Hey that's great news, stingerhs! Way to go! A little wining and dining and *poof*, it's stinger the "Ladies Man!" ;)
well, i wounldn't exactly classify myself as a 'Ladies' Man'. after all, she is one of the best friends i've ever had, so its not like it was some huge leap or anything. not to say it wasn't a fun nite. if there is one thing i appriciate about this town, its that the downtown is a great place for a romantic nite out. the fact that i was with a great friend made things go over pretty darn smooth. :D

And then wake up one day and blame a signifacant other for your own problems, because you were too romantic in times where it was required to work? No thank you. Like I work in life: Work comes first, I come last.

Huh? :confused: Well you don't need to go to the extent of missing out work, just use common sense? All I meant was tell you significant other you love them, let them know in a special way that they're important, offer spontaneous gifts or whatever on occasions, you know, all that on a more regular basis not just on a set date once a year...

Huh? Well you don't need to go to the extent of missing out work, just use common sense? All I meant was tell you significant other you love them, let them know in a special way that they're important, offer spontaneous gifts or whatever on occasions, you know, all that on a more regular basis not just on a set date once a year...

Sorry, I just got upset a little.

Archived