1. 1. The Canonical Exile should be...

• Light Side Male
    • Light Side Female
    • Dark Side Male
    • Dark Side Female

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I choose Light Side Male. But I'm not so sure story-wise. I heard someone is trying to get the canonical Exile to LS female. And in fact, I might agree and choose Light Side Female as canon; it seems to feel right for the character. There's only one thing preventing me from that, though - Brianna. Females don't get her, they get Mical. If there wasn't the whole gender thing, I'd say female, but I prefer Brianna in the story.

Awesome - I just bumped the LS female over the LS male! :monkey4::xp:

edit:

Revan isnt male. I depends on your choices in the game.

In what Lucas arts has described as the canon ending, in their view: Revan is male, and chose to follow the path of the light.

Personally, I wished that Revan was male too, but instead chose to go DS. It could be justified in the same vein as why (apparently) he decided to become the Lord of the Sith originally. Oh well, it isn't though - and that (I guess) is what really matters.

LS Female, mainly because IMO the game plays out better with a female exile.(though that could just be because of the cut material from the game.)Though i think they need add Brianna to her backstory as well. Would be a shame to lose her just because of the game having a gender bias.

I've always considered The Exile as LS male. It just seems more fitting to me. I just don't see a female Exile as a general in the Mandalorian Wars. [joking]Besides, what human female would decide to wander the Outer Rim for 10 years? Most every woman I know that doesn't have the Force and is running solo wants to find a friend and go shopping, heh-heh-heh. [/joking];)

On the other hand I've thought for some time that, "canonical" statements aside, Revan could definitely be a female.

I'd say LS Male Revan coupled with the LS Female Exile would be a great canon because...well...just think of the romantic possibilities, both past and present :xp:
:animelol: Why am I not surprised? :D

How would that work, isn't Revan involved with Bastila, and the Exile(female)with Atton?

Ah yes but since Revan has gone off on some quest and the Exile will go after "him" when they meet it can be all sparks and fury since Carth and Bastila are not around. Through a great ordeal and nearly dying many times, they will be thrown closer together having to rely on one another. It's inevitable. Atton can be all jealous since he hasn't declared his love to the Exile and he and Revan can duke it out.

In fact that has just given me an idea for a fic, thanks Maverick!

LOL

I just don't see a female Exile as a general in the Mandalorian Wars. Besides, what human female would decide to wander the Outer Rim for 10 years? Most every woman I know that doesn't have the Force and is running solo wants to find a friend and go shopping, heh-heh-heh. ;)

You do realize this is the 21 century... right?

I'm not trying to pick a fight, but with the gaming industry geared more towards males in the first place, it's statements like this that continue to make it hard for us females to get respect when it comes to gaming.

You do realize this is the 21 century... right?

I'm not trying to pick a fight, but with the gaming industry geared more towards males in the first place, it's statements like this that continue to make it hard for us females to get respect when it comes to gaming.

Sure, I know 2006 falls within the 21st century. :)

I hope you weren't too offended by my "women go shopping" comment as I intended it to be a whimisical argument having no real merit or applicability. The Exile is in the SW: KotOR universe. The women I know are in our universe. Two different places. I really wonder if any Star Wars writer has even written anything depicting a SW character, male or female, shopping. The closest thing I can think of is Qui Gon Jinn buying the hyperdrive from Watto in TPM. So I really don't have a leg to stand on with my "a woman would have gone shopping" argument. I knew that from the word go and only used it for what I hoped would be a good laugh. I did find it interesting though that you only commented on my one Exile argument and didn't mention anything about my opinion of Revan's gender. :)

So while in my personal opinion I think the Exile is male that doesn't mean that I think female gamers shouldn't be respected by the gaming industry as well as male gamers. On the contrary, we have some very respectable women on these forums who have contributed much for KotOR fans in general, e.g. Aash Li, Darth333, ForceFightWMe12, Fuu, Kitty Kitty, Jae Onasi, stoffe -mkb-, yourself, and I'm sure there are more that I could mention but am failing to remember at the moment. [Hearty Bellow] TO THE WOMEN OF KotOR! :cheers:

Sure, I know 2006 falls within the 21st century. :)

I hope you weren't too offended by my "women go shopping" comment as I intended it to be a whimisical argument having no real merit or applicability. The Exile is in the SW: KotOR universe. The women I know are in our universe. Two different places. I really wonder if any Star Wars writer has even written anything depicting a SW character, male or female, shopping. The closest thing I can think of is Qui Gon Jinn buying the hyperdrive from Watto in TPM. So I really don't have a leg to stand on with my "a woman would have gone shopping" argument. I knew that from the word go and only used it for what I hoped would be a good laugh. I did find it interesting though that you only commented on my one Exile argument and didn't mention anything about my opinion of Revan's gender. :)

So while in my personal opinion I think the Exile is male that doesn't mean that I think female gamers shouldn't be respected by the gaming industry as well as male gamers. On the contrary, we have some very respectable women on these forums who have contributed much for KotOR fans in general, e.g. Aash Li, Darth333, ForceFightWMe12, Fuu, Kitty Kitty, Jae Onasi, stoffe -mkb-, yourself, and I'm sure there are more that I could mention but am failing to remember at the moment. [Hearty Bellow] TO THE WOMEN OF KotOR! :cheers:

LOL! Ok, you're forgiven :D

I'm sorry, I just get my hackles up when I see anything remotely anti-female. What can I say, it's the feminist coming out in me, and I go into all-out attack mode. (Much as my Revan does when she sees a Sith :))

Archived