Sad day for America

edlib

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

Here we are again... my yearly bump.

Honestly... if I hadn't had to write the date today, I doubt that it would have occurred to me that it was the anniversary of 9/11.

That's how little of a deal it seem to be getting made around here.

Perhaps it's different elsewhere.

Well... 6 years.

Have we learned anything?

• 11 months later...

There are still memorials to Pearl Harbor every year.

Bigger ones on anniversaries that are multiples of 5 or 10.

But the war that Pearl Harbor got us into was essentially over, and the enemy vanquished before the 5th anniversary took place.

So I'm not sure that is such a great example.

But I understand your point. My mother was saying the same thing earlier tonight.

The thing that gets me about most of the discussions about the day of 9/11 is how some people have the attitude of "How DARE anyone feel they have the right to attack us!"

Which, is pretty much how I felt in the minutes, hours, days just after the event.

Now I feel more like: "Just what makes us so special that we are above that level of hatred against us?"

Before I learned about the events that took place after 9/11, I might have had an answer for that.

Now I'd be hard pressed to come up with one.

We have done some fairly indefensible things in the name of defending liberty for our country. Things that if another nation or group did to any of our citizens, we would be totally outraged over.

Sometimes it takes remembering on a day like this to think about these issues again.

In that way, memorializing this day has it's advantages.

• 6 months later...

Ok every onr please pull you head out get some fresh air. First If you look at the planes in the video they ARE BLACK. No airline on the planet flys Black planes. WHO does? Second: the way those building came down was a controlled drop. That started at the bottom of the buildings. BOTTOM OF THE BUILDINDS! Tower 4 which was not struck by the planes was brought down in a controlled drop the same day. Why, better Question is how it take weeks to plan a controlled building drop.

Third: The first reports of the pentagon being hit was by a MISSLE! not a plane. and why was the wreckage of the "plane" that hit the Pentagon no larger than what could be picked up by hand?

Lastly, I ask you not to judge until all the fact have been addressed. I will never say that war is unnessary If you look at the last administation you have to see there are a lot of question left unanswered.

If you look at the pearl harbor attack by the Japanesse Navy & Air forces the president at the time had allowed!! the attack to take place. the national intelligence group knew the japan was going to attack Pearl. they were not sure of the dates they were syre of the coming attack.

Meh.

I've heard all those theories. Don't buy it.

It has all the same problems that most conspiracy theories have... mainly that you take a fairly simple premise (that there are people in the world that don't like the US, and a dozen of them hijacked some planes and attacked us with them, and in our arrogance we missed the clues that would have allowed us to prevent it) and replaces it with a far, FAR more complicated one that involves American government and military hatching an amazingly intricate plan and thousands of people (including the entire press) keeping silent all this time and being involved in elaborate cover-up.

But mainly: I refuse to believe the Bush administration (which proved itself almost totally incompetent in every other regard for 8 years) was at all capable of pulling off such a plan.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived