Home

Sad day for America

edlib

I personally would say, "**** OFF YOU STUPID BASTARD" to the hijacker and grab the controls as hard as possible and I steer it to the ground when he says, "get up so I can hit he buiding", by the time that pissant gets my cold dead hands off the stick we are hitting the harbor......

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard the plane that crashed in PA was deliberately crashed by one of the pilots. If that's true, and the plane was hijacked and en route to another target, I applaud the pilot.

Frankly, I'm still in shock with the whole incident. No matter how much I pinch myself, I still can't wake up. I do agree that this is unlikely to lead to WW3, as in most of the civilized world is on our side.

Judging from the eyewitnesses (thankfully I'm getting a LOT of coverage on the PA crash from local news), there was definitely a struggle in the cockpit that led to the plane crashing into an open field far away from ANYTHING.

There are also rumors circulating locally that a pair of ANG F-16s were sent up to intercept the plane when it turned southeast when it was up by Cleveland and was heading past Pittsburgh. It seems that their "services" weren't needed...

I can almost assure you that flying a 767 is not an easy task. The take off weight is 450,000 pounds. The plane is 201 feet long with a wing span of about 170 feet. A little bigger then your average cessna. I can just about bet you need some understanding of what you are doing before you jump behind the wheel.

All I can say is I hope that I get to see someone/country go up in a blaze for this one.

God,guns and guts made America free, lets keep all three.

Someone came looking for war and by God we are now going to make that Bast ard rue the day he was born.

<font color red><font size 14>U</font></font><font color white><font size 14>S</font></font><font color blue><font size 14>A</font></font>

[This message has been edited by GUNNER (edited September 12, 2001).]

The one thing nobody's mentioned is that these guys had to be skilled enough to FIND the targets. I mean when you look out of an airplane window how do you know where you are and how whould you know which way to turn to get to Manhattan from western Mass (let alone hitting a ground target with precision, especially a low-lying one like the Pentagon.) I wouldn't, even with all the flight sim games I've played in my life. I guess I would have a rough idea, but not enough to make a bee-line like these guys did. These were fully trained pilots, no doubt AT ALL in my mind about it.

And THAT should narrow things down a bit.

[This message has been edited by edlib (edited September 12, 2001).]

Guest Hans The Great

This is VERY serious, I have been following the news and:

1. People with cell phones on the hijacked planes gave detailed descriptions and seat numbers of the hijackers.

2. The hijackers used box-cutters and knives (which are easy to sneak on board a plane, before this happened)

3. People on the ground in Logan and Manhattan have been "held for questioning"

4. The Pentagon is still burning, it may all burn down since alot of it is wood.

5. Federal authorities are finding evidence linking this horror to a terrorist cell in Florida.

6. Gas station owners have been charging $5.00/gallon in my area, its so nice to know that some "people" know how to work a crisis.

Also,

"I could do it. They're very simple to control. There's a yoke that's not unlike a steering wheel that controls your left right motion. It pushes in and pulls out to control up down. You have two pedals that control the rudder. And you have the throttle quadrant. Child's play."

- No, it is'nt. Flying a REAL large passenger jet at 250 knots 100-200 feet off the ground to hit a target with any precision takes some extensive training.

BOTTOM LINE: I think the government has a good idea who funded and organized this attack at this point in time. The problem is how to tell the public WITHOUT causing WW3.

Well, the only airliner I'm directly familiar with is the 737...

The guys were commercially trained pilots, assuming the current reports are correct. And the plane in PA was intentionally grounded after three passengers apparently seized control:

The mother of passenger Mark Bingham, 31, said she hoped his actions may have stopped an even greater disaster. The plane was the only one of four hijacked craft that did not reach its destination, crashing instead into a field.

"We know Mark was a very active and takecharge guy, he was a large man," Alice Hoglan, whose son called from the plane..."We're hoping that Mark had a chance to perhaps work with other passengers to thwart the intent of these hijackers

Another Flight 93 passenger, Thomas Burnett, 38, called his wife to say he feared his flight was doomed but he and two other passengers planned to do something about it

That's out of the local paper.

If I was on one of those planes and me and some other guys made a stand and we siezed control of the plane, I would have grabbed the fire ax and yelled "I GOT YER JIHAD RIGHT HERE ****ER" and proceeded to behead the terrorist dog.

I heard a rumor that in PA, the state attorney general said that anyone that raises gas prices will be prosecuted for price gouging.

This is an outrage against the Western World, especially the US. Even though I'm a Brit, and knew no-one that was near any of this, I'm P*ssed off.

I say we bomb every suspected terrorist and Iraqi base we know, in fact, let's all invade Iraq. I hate Hussain, and we could all use the oil.

My Prayers for the victims.

Tis a sad time to live in the world. Being in close proximity to Washington as I am, it's a bit scary. Since yesterday I can occasionally hear and even see some F-16s flying overhead or near here. America will not stand down.

After we have served justice to all parties involved, I propose that they rebuild the twin towers, making them 111 stories stall, with the extra story serving as a memorial in each tower.

This is our generation's Pearl Harbor. We must come together now as another generation did before us. One of my most memorable scenes from yesterday is a man out next to the highway, holding a raised flag, a silent show of support.

As far as who did this goes, 10 to 1 odds on bin Laden. If this does turn out to be the case, an international force must be assembled to bring him to justice, should Afganastan refuse to turn him over. We will chase him to the ends of the earth and back, knowing that good and justice are on our side.

Amen.

------------------

"Here, people don't lock their doors, they deadbolt them, and then stick a chair under the knob."

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,SOB_Thrawn

Rogue 6

Originally posted by a Zaarin (by any other name):

Agreed. The human race, for all its faults, is not that stupid.

As I said initially; you have far more faith in humanity than I do.

Originally posted by Assassin:

Lets just hope Bush keeps his bearings and acts rationally.

Y'know, if this wasn't such a sober moment, I'd be ROTFLOL right now.

Behold, the true price of terrorism. frown.gif

------------------

"Don't f_ck with the Jedi Master, son." --Mark Hamill

Originally posted by Andromeda:

edlib that is exactly what i was saying!!! i guess nobody understood it...either that or disregarded it cuz i'm a girl. whatever the case, that's what i meant.

Sorry Andy, I really didn't mean to steal your fire. I was agreeing with you and the others who took this side of the discussion, and trying to clarify the point.

In other news: I was about a block from where the action went down today in Boston. I can almost see the Westin hotel from my office window. And if I step outside I can see all of Copley square.

I suspected somthing was up when 20 or 30 cruiser went past in the span of 5 minutes. I went to my bosses office to listen to the radio, and when the words "Bomb Sniffing Dogs" came over the air he said "OK, time to go."

So an early day for me. I came home, mowed the lawn, and have been watching the patrolling fighter jets fly over about every 5 or 10 minutes.

What you might call a full day.

[This message has been edited by edlib (edited September 12, 2001).]

WTC Building number 5 may collapse.

**UPDATE** The remains of WTC Bulding 5, one of the towers that collapsed, is now like it's twin, nothing more than a pile of metal and concrete.

Someone is gonna be in a big pile of dog crap REAL SOON.

[This message has been edited by Cmdr. Cracken (edited September 12, 2001).]

Archived