Home

Should Revan or Exile die in KotOR 3? (Possible Series Spoilers Inside.)

The Source

Should Revan or Exile die in KotOR 3?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Should Revan or Exile die in KotOR 3?

• Reven: Will die in KotOR 3.
    • Revan: Will live in KotOR 3.
    • Exile: Will die in KotOR 3.
    • Exile: Will live in KotOR 3.

Should Revan or Exile die in KotOR 3?

If you look at the Exile as a wound in the force, (Kreia's Quote), do you think his/her fate should be traggic? Do you think the Exile will eventualy die? Is it the Exile's nature to be a unnatural existance?

How about Revan? According to some cannon rumors, Revan brought war to the Jedi inorder to prepare them. Do you think Revan will meet a myters death?

These characters have been through alot.

***I have setup the poll for multiple voting, so you can make a choice for Revan and Exile.****

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I for one feel that the Exile must survive, since Vrook and his minions had no idea what they were talking about and were panicing/acting out of fear of the unknown. They were rationalizing and making ill-informed decisions from the scant and faulty information they had at hand about the threat. They knew significantly less about what was going on than the Exile & friends did.

In my opinion Malachor and Nihilus was the wound, and the Exile was the cure. The flip-sides of a coin. :)

I'd rather have Revan survive as well. Games that end with main characters dying are highly anticlimactic and leave a sour taste in my mouth. Such a game has to be truly fantastic for me to play it more than once. I'd rather be able to play KotOR3, if it is made, more than once. :)

I for one feel that the Exile must survive, since Vrook and his minions had no idea what they were talking about and were panicing/acting out of fear of the unknown. They were rationalizing and making ill-informed decisions from the scant and faulty information they had at hand about the threat. They knew significantly less about what was going on than the Exile & friends did.

In my opinion Malachor and Nihilus was the wound, and the Exile was the cure. The flip-sides of a coin. :)

I'd rather have Revan survive as well. Games that end with main characters dying are highly anticlimactic and leave a sour taste in my mouth. Such a game has to be truly fantastic for me to play it more than once. I'd rather be able to play KotOR3, if it is made, more than once. :)

i second that !!

That can't be right though, because you see the results of the exile subliminally manipulating his companions and the bond he created with Kreia.

(ie, Chewbacca's death on Sernpidal)

I hated that series. Chewbacca deserved a better death, and the Yuuzhan Vong were a lame enemy.

I disagree. I for one find that a major character death (ie, Chewbacca's death on Sernpidal) really shows how powerful the villain really is, and how the heroes must really fight just to survive, which I think improves the story.

I disagree. All it shows is how the heroes must really fight just to die at the end no matter what they do. It kills all the sense of accomplishment. It greatly reduces the fun. It makes me feel cheated, that whatever I do during the game doesn't matter, since it ends in sorrow anyway. :)

If it depends on your action in the game, however, it's another thing entirely. I'm not against the possibility that things you do leads to main characters dying further down the road, as long as you have to possibility to avoid the death by doing things differently. Then it puts the fate of your characters in your own hand as a player. I want a game, not a slightly interactive movie. :)

That can't be right though, because you see the results of the exile subliminally manipulating his companions and the bond he created with Kreia.

Do you? I do not see it. All I see is a bunch of people in need of guidance ganging up with a highly charismatic leader who gives them a purpose they believe in. There is no manipulating involved any more than there always is when one person tells others what to do, and make them want to do it. The Exile may or may not subconsciously use the force to boost her allies and tug their emotional strings, but the game leaves the matter open and offers no conclusive evidence either way.

As for the bond, you only have Kreia's word that one really exists, and she hardly has a track record of telling the truth all the time. Kreia tells you what you need to hear to do as she wants. Notice how you only ever notice the bond when she wishes it? And the end, when she wants you to fight and kill her you don't fold over in pain every time you hit her, and you don't die yourself when she dies. :)

I think that both Revan and the Exile will die although I am a big fan of Revan and the Exile. But we have to look at everything StarWars here and as someone previously mentioned in Everything StarWars the main character (or Characters we all love) always dies.

For instance Yoda, Maul, Mace Windu Just to name a few.

I disagree. I for one find that a major character death (ie, Chewbacca's death on Sernpidal) really shows how powerful the villain really is, and how the heroes must really fight just to survive, which I think improves the story.[/Quote]

I disagree. All it shows is how the heroes must really fight just to die at the end no matter what they do. It kills all the sense of accomplishment. It greatly reduces the fun. It makes me feel cheated, that whatever I do during the game doesn't matter, since it ends in sorrow anyway.[/Quote]

I partly agree with Alkonium. I disagree with stoffe. When a main charachter dies (i.e. Chewie, Windu, Anakin Solo), it reminds the observer that no one, no matter how powerful, no matter how loved, is invulnerable. It also uses the bond that the observer has with the character to make them really feel a certain sadness for the character's passing, making the experience more personal, and therefore making it an overall more enjoyable experience.

I think the Exile should die in the period between TSL and KoTOR 3, his/her death and the way he/she died should be mentioned in KoTOR 3. Revan should definitely live and if it was up to me, he'd be the character you play as in KoTOR 3.

I would like it if they lived or died by your actions.

Also, to person who said Kreia betrays you:

She doesn't. When does she ever tell you that she isn't the Dark Lord (Lady?) Of The Sith? When does she ever tell you that she is going to help you save (or kill) the galaxy? She doesn't lie to you or betray you, you just like to think that she does because it helps to make her appear more evil, all she ever intended was the end of the Force, and the Exile just happened to be the way that she could bring it about.

Well, I think both Revan and Exile should "exist" in kotor3 in the sense that they have an impact on the world and events your character would see and interact with.

BUT your character should not ever fight, or maybe even, interact with, Revan or Exile.

It might be better if their stories are heard of from those around you and those you talked to, like "oh, that Revan dude cleanse the valley of those angry gizkas!" or "that Exile dude once lead the people against the darkside Ewok slavers!"

This would make them more legandary.

Remember that both Revan and Exile would be at least Epic level if not beyond and it would be unreasonable if you would have to fight them.

Well, I think both Revan and Exile should "exist" in kotor3 in the sense that they have an impact on the world and events your character would see and interact with.

BUT your character should not ever fight, or maybe even, interact with, Revan or Exile.

It might be better if their stories are heard of from those around you and those you talked to, like "oh, that Revan dude cleanse the valley of those angry gizkas!" or "that Exile dude once lead the people against the darkside Ewok slavers!"

This would make them more legandary.

Q.F.E. :D

Revan should definitely live and if it was up to me, he'd be the character you play as in KoTOR 3.

Sorry igyman, but I, for one, am glad it isn't up to you. ;)

Archived