Home

Do you want to design your own lightsabers?

RC-1162

Design your own sabers?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Design your own sabers?

• Yes! I want to customise my hilt and blade.
    • No, I'll stick to the standard.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

How about make it just like in SWG, get materials, choose a hilt and create the lightsaber. The better the quality of your resources, the better the damage. Off course, keep the different crystals, lenses, emitters and power cells but why not give it an extra dimension by finding or looting resources and designing your own hilts. Do keep it simple and create a lightsaber on a workbench.

I'm not going to vote, since my option is missing. Because I really don't care that much. Sure, customizing lightsabers could be nice, but it's still pretty far down on my list of priorities, right next to hoods on the jedi robes.

True, when I play the KOTOR's, I'm not thinking, "dude, this needs customizable lightsabers." Hoods would kick ass :D

I'm not against more choices but I definitely prefer a complete story and more roleplay options than more lightsaber customization options that don't add much to the game. A few hilt models to chose from would be fine but I don't see the necessity to have a much more elaborated system.

QFE

Guest Upgrade

KOTOR is one of my favorite games. Same with KOTOR 2. If we have our own custom hilts that is a huge step. Personaly I would want to change it so you can place anywere what ever you want. Even change the color of your hilt, Place symbols. Even doodle on your hilt. The possiblitys are endless

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, Of course. You know I'd prefer Jar'Kai and dual violet sabers or cyan or vilidian. And it would be fun if you use Juyo on left and Ataru on right. or Shii-Cho left, Sorensu Right.

I don't think the lightsaber forms are patterns just of arm movements--I equate them to martial arts forms.

Forms (kata, poomse, etc), at least in martial arts, are whole-body things--the moves of each form involve certain patterns of attacks or defenses with specific stances, kicks and arm blocks/punches/attacks.

I can't do Taeguek 8 with one arm and Koryo with the other, because then it wouldn't be either form, if that makes any sense. In the first move of Taeguek 8, the arms are doing a double fist block, and in the first move of Koryo, the arms are doing a double-knife block. If you try to do a fist block with one arm and a knife block with the other, aside from it looking quite odd, it would no longer be the first move of either of those 2 forms.

You need both arms and legs doing the specific patterns in order to have the correct steps of a form. In the more advanced forms, when you do one move, it usually involves standing with a specific stance/foot position or doing a kick and stepping into a specific stance while the arms punch or do blocks, and usually both arms are involved in the punching/blocking.

The other problem is during, say, step #8 of one form, you might be doing a punch, but #8 of another form, you're supposed to do a double knife-hand block. You either block or attack, but you don't do both at exactly the same time.

Even if the forms referred only to arm positions, doing a move from 1 form might interfere with the move of the other form, and you wouldn't want to do anything that puts you at a disadvantage in combat.

• 2 weeks later...

you should be able to design your own hilt shape and then tint(color,silver black), then choose some accessories like knife blades on the front or back and then the blade itself; its color and properties. this would be reflective of your morality. OOOOOOAHHH theres an idea. Your lightsaber changes according to your light or dark preferances

Archived