Home

Do you want to design your own lightsabers?

RC-1162

Design your own sabers?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Design your own sabers?

• Yes! I want to customise my hilt and blade.
    • No, I'll stick to the standard.

one of the drawbacks in KotOR was the inability to create your own hilts and blade settings for your lightsabers. When i bought K1,i was really happy to see that we could build our own lightsabers. i was extremely disappointed when i found out that it was nothing more than swapping out crystals. the hilt of the lightsaber wasn't at all unique and wasn't even un-boring. it was so plain! it was a relief to see all the hilt mods out there.

but in K3, i think there should be a whole new system of lightsaber making that allows you to customise your hilt design and your blade length. i am aware that in K2 there are some focusing lenses too, am i right? well, with the hilt designing part, along with the crystal and lens modifiers, no two lightsabers of any gamer will be exactly the same! unless of course, some people copy other, but thats a different matter.

so, what are your thoughts? would you like to customise your lightsaber blade length and the hilt design?

Edit: also, if there's already a thread like this, i'm sorry.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a question, of course I want my own personal Lightsaber!

When I read RCs post, I had the same idea as Delta Folee: Different looking parts of the hilt that you find or can buy in the shops and combine them individually. And of course different parts that are resposible for the blade, it's colour, it's strength, it's length...

I would have gone for the missing third option and say that it doesn't matter much to me. If customizable sabers are there, then fine, I won't mind, but it has a very low priority for me. There are lots of other things that are far more important to the game for me.

Actually, customization in games is always a plus as long as it's accessible. Although I would prefer to have customization aspects applied to items you'll actually see more of. Like designing your own personal robes, or adding a new paintjob to the interior of your ship.

I personally wouldn't mind the ability of customizing lightsabers. However I don't think it's that great of a deal since your hilt isn't really that noticable.

I want full customization, well, within reason, of course. lol

I think color scheme and a selection of styles would be good. They could even through in a system for different strengths and weaknesses of the hilt styles. Idk, maybe different hilt sizes could house a different number of upgrades. Definitely at least choose hilt color though. I love Palpatines saber from RotS.

I'm not against more choices but I definitely prefer a complete story and more roleplay options than more lightsaber customization options that don't add much to the game. A few hilt models to chose from would be fine but I don't see the necessity to have a much more elaborated system.

It's a good idea, but I don't think the developers should make a too in-depth version of it. Changing or customizing hilts would be great eyecandy for the first few playthroughs, but I imagine it would get old and serve no real purpose. Unique hilts for major characters is all I'd like.

I'm not against more choices but I definitely prefer a complete story and more roleplay options than more lightsaber customization options that don't add much to the game. A few hilt models to chose from would be fine how but I don't see the necessity to have a much more elaborated system.

Quoted for emphasis.

I'm with Prime and Darth333 on this one, if it's choosing between a few hilt designs fine. However, I'd much rather the developers focus on the core gameplay and the storyline, then and only then I'd like them to look at extras, but before lightsabers I'd like to see more varied combat animations. Maybe play on the lightsaber forms idea and have different animations/fighting style, I'd much rather see that than being able to choose where to put my lightsaber on/off button. Besides, if they put too many options in lightsaber creation, I'd be out of a job ;)

Archived