Home

"Natural Reaction" playthrough

Scars Unseen

I'm thinking of playing through the game without regard for the dark and light sides, and just responding to situations like I think I would. Kind of an RP playthrough. I was wondering if anyone else did this and where they ended up as a result.

Things I'm taking into consideration:

1)Starting out as a scoundrel

2)Did not(to my character's knowledge) get trained as a jedi from an early age

3)Character has own interests at heart, but is not excessively selfish or mean.

And we'll see where I go from there.

I got dark cause giving people money and all is not something I would normally do so why in a game. Then helping people get attacked by thugs no why I will help that person those thugs beat the crap outta me and alot other things easy said I got the darkside ending with almost completly dark.

some other thing that happened during the playthrough:

killing zaalbars father on kasshyyyk I know I would be scared to get killed by those other wookies.

killing people instead of letting them leave safely I would do that cause I would be scared they would get back with help.

• 4 weeks later...

almost the same here. But I make a difference between "act as you would" and "act as you would want to". Usually I do the last thing, because I really want to help people and do not harm them so I always end up in light. If I act like I would, I would be gray like MetalMark

• 2 weeks later...
That's the way I play every RPG.

I always react like i really would, most often I end up gray. The final decision in Kotor puts me to Lightside.

I'm very similar.

I usually play how I'm feeling at the time.

Unfortunately, it varies from day to day. Most days I'll maintain a LS mindframe and follow the jedi path of helping others.

...then, I may have a bad day (in real life) and I find myself answering questions with an attitude or skipping an opportunity to help someone while focusing on an upcomming fight.

• 4 weeks later...

The sad truth is that I can't stand to play as dark side, even though I have before, because my skin crawls every time I make an evil choice. I know it's just a game, but I absolute hate saying and doing cruel things. The first time I go through any game, I recreate myself and try to put myself in that RP situation and react accordingly. But after the first go I realized that it wouldn't give me light mastery- because sometimes I just like to be a bit snarky. Let's face it- when you're approached by two sith cadets who goad you, your natural instinct is to give it right back to them.

If someone in real life gave you the opportunity to become the most powerful person in the world, would you take the chance?

If yes, you'd take the dark side ending.

I don't think it's that simple. If it were, it would be easy, because it would mean anyone in power would be evil and morally corrupt, which does not seem to be true. Whether power corrupts or not, it's still possible for a person to be idealistic enough early on to take the position of power for the sake of correcting injustice and rooting out corruption in the system. Even if power does corrupt, it needs time to do so.

I do this all the time. I never play KotOR with the mindset that "Ok, for the next 30-90 hours, I'm going to be light" or "I'm going to be an ass for the entirety of the game". I just play and se what I want to do as each situation arises.

Personally I don't understand why people would want to force themselves down a particular path. To me that would take away half the fun.

Personally I don't understand why people would want to force themselves down a particular path. To me that would take away half the fun.

I went full light one time and full dark one time just to see every effect. For example, the experience on Telos can be quite different if you choose to be one or the other. Otherwise, making helpful conversation choices as opposed to nasty, cruel ones is just my nature.

I went full light one time and full dark one time just to see every effect. For example, the experience on Telos can be quite different if you choose to be one or the other. Otherwise, making helpful conversation choices as opposed to nasty, cruel ones is just my nature.

I very often play as I would actually react. Basically, it's usually the lightside, except I tend not to do the options that are like "Oh no, I don't want ANY awesome reward. In fact, why don't you take all of my money instead." Even when I'm playing full light side, doing those options hurts at times.

Archived