Home

Selectale Alien PCs

HK-87

Should there be alien Player Characters?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be alien Player Characters?

• God Yes!
    • No Way!

----=== Should there be selectable alien pcs in Kotor 3 =----

I'd like to hear your thoughts! Me, I personally wish for them to put a few humanoid species, twi'lek, zabrak, sullustan, rodian, etc. But, the real question is, what do YOU think?

:sprobe: May The Maker watch over you. :sprobe:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes! I'd love to try out an alien species, such as Zabrak/Iridonian, or even a less humanoid species. Things like Zabrak or Twi'leks are very close to humans and wouldn't really interrupt whatever story might be present, I don't think. Variability without intense plot restriction is always something that should be reached for :).

I guess that alien PCs would be fine, just so long as the programers allow for that when the PC is interacting w/NPCs. Kinda funny to have Gorton Colo and an alien think you're human when your PC is an alien (yeah, I KNOW that the game was designed w/only human PCs). Maybe if the NPCs would react differently to you based on your appearance (like when you disguise yourself as a sith on Taris), that might add an interesting twist.

Holy....I actually started a conversation! *leaves the Emo Side*

Make that most likely ended conversation.. (if this is considered a bump I apologize.)

BTW Master Kavar, has anyone ever told you that your avatar scares the sh*t out of them? :lol:

:sprobe: May The Maker Watch Over You. :sprobe:

-HK-87

Edit: Sorry RH :ewok:

Sure, why not. But, how about putting Chiss into the selection? And as for Rodians and Kel'Dor, sure, but only if they don't give your character a voice. I don't want a repeat of Jedi Academy - a Rodian/Kel'Dor that speaks English (Basic).

I dunno, I think a Chiss would be a cool character and the race would provide a good background story for him/her. You know, questions like: Who is he, where did he come from, etc. Classic questions, but with new answers.

A Togruta would be nice to see, too.

Nobody's suggested that humans shouldn't still be an option. I'd be upset, if I couldn't choose human. I don't see why it would require more programming. I mean, look at KotOR and TSL, and ask yourself, "could these games have worked if Revan or Exile had been an alien?" The answer seems to me to be yes - it wouldn't have made any particular difference at all to the plot. The whole optional gender is a far bigger minefield.

I'm all for a complicated and unpredictable storyline along with an interesting background for your character and even more interesting villains with equally interesting stories.

I won't be disappointed if you can't play as another species, but I don't think it would hurt the game if the developers are willing to add it.

As much as I like diversity and options, I'm not sure this would work.

Non-human main characters would create variations in the plot that would require totally different circumstances for each species.

Is there room for all of the variations of personal relationships that could occur? I'm not sure that there is.

Would it still be congruent to the KotOR story that's been established already?

It's full enough with the gender and alignment options. Imagine all of the different specie issues along with those.

Ex. Imagine if the Exile was a Rodian, or better yet, a Wookie or Tusken.

The game would have been quite different.

Perhaps in a different game, but for KotOR the story already has a direction and flow. An interuption of this magnitude,IMO, would throw the series into disarray.

However, I would very much enjoy a broader specie selection on the jedi counsel (if there is one) and a greater variety of species when planetside.

But, I'd probably play as human most often.

Mmm, it would be very difficult (then it would takes more time for the game to bring out) to program and write all the different possibilities of dialogs...

I'm not against an alien PC. But then he must be from a new species, which would have an importance in the story, like the Rakata in KotOR. For example, alien people who fights the True Siths, or even the True Siths species, if they are not humans...

Archived