Home

Where do you live?

Fealiks

I'd probably go to Morrisons more but the only one in Mansfield is on the outskirts, near the hospital. ASDA and Tesco on the other hand are more like a 15-minute walk away. I recall Morrisons doing nice hot chicken on their chicken counter though.

As for the bread issue, while I agree that ASDA's tiger bread is superior, the normal breads aren't. Of course I guess this could all depend on the bakers at the particular shop, since whenever I buy ASDA's tiger bread it seems to be a bit different each time. Sometimes it'll be drowned in the stuff they put on, while sometimes it'll be a bit more like normal bread.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best most unexpected meal I ever had while being on the island: canned spaghetti on toast. Seriously. Too bad it was only one toast and like half a small can of spaghetti (I mean *for dinner*) and there were like cat hairs on it too :(.

Besides that, you gotta love fish'n'chips and turkey pie with peas. The best breakfast I ever had was ham&eggs at Sgt. Peppers. The worst thing was spaghetti and sauce from black olives. This sauce was purple and smelled like barf. .. Wait, that was Venice.

What I want to say is: If you want a hundred meters of ketchup in bottles in a shelf, go to Sainsbury's. If you seek any random product, except space ships, but even male sex dolls, goto Sainsbury's, and you'll find at least one item which also says Sainsbury's on it. Weird. On the other hand, who'd buy a space ship that says Sainsbury's on it?

The best most unexpected meal I ever had while being on the island: canned spaghetti on toast. Seriously. Too bad it was only one toast and like half a small can of spaghetti (I mean *for dinner*) and there were like cat hairs on it too :(.

Dude, the Saturday before last my rent came out and due to a small bank error, I was left with £2.20 for groceries for the next week (yeah, we laughed to). Long story short, save for the cat hair, you just described my meals for the next 5 days.

I now have money and enough food to last me till Armageddon, so I'm sorted now, but I just thought it was ironic that you would mention the meal I've now grown sick of.

If you can fly to France and back (from England) for 2p, just imagine what you could do with £2.20. Oh, and a small tip: If you ever become homeless, ask for spare notes rather than change. I heard this woman on the radio who was a multimillionairess who won millions of pounds on the lottery on top of her multimillionairedness. A homeless guy asked for spare change and she gave him all the spare change she had, 32p. If he'd asked for spare notes, he would have got five grand, literally. She gave this fat git called Duncan Donuts a thousand pounds just because he asked for it as a joke, so I imagine she'd give a homeless person five thousand...

Yeah. I'll just let that sink in.

I just thought it was ironic that you would mention the meal I've now grown sick of.
Oh, err. I still eat this from time to time. Of course with nothing canned on or in it, only fresh ingredients and all. I mean. Without the hairs. Oh, and on a side note, and while Fealiks is mentioning France, I visited my friend, who is from Sardinia, yesterday and we ate a local specialty, snails. That was great.

Hmm okay. That just seems a little odd to me, but I guess it could be normal in Germany... or I'm just weird. I mean canned spaghetti I can understand because it's chopped up small and in some form of tomato sauce, but actual spaghetti made fresh just seems weird. I mean as far as spag bol goes, go right ahead, but on toast? Whatever.:)

What do you mean - Germany? I do this in my kitchen!?

Whatever. See, whenever I cook spaghetti, I cook plenty of it. By plenty you're supposed to think of at least 10 but more like the thousandfold of it. In case of the most unlikely case, which would be where I don't eat them all, I might not eat them all. This is why there's always plan B on the ready, and plan B basically says I will eat them later. Now, when it's later, maybe them spaghettis are cold already, this is when it's later than the later which plan B was originally originated for. This usually is also the case if I waited to long for some plan B activating event. So I immediatly run plan C which roughly involves a pan with the aforementioned cold spaghetti and the rest of the sauce in it _and_ parts of plan B.

Hm. But sometimes I feel the urge to do something really crazy. Then I simply switch plan C and D.

And we all know what plan D looks like, right? Right. -- Go out and bilk a hooker - throw the money at her and run away. Then return home, chop the spaghetti in the pan, heat them, eat them .. on toast.

Why certainly! I will not have visited the UK for nothing but the experience. I have seen all things British: The Laserdrome, Alien Wars, the food, Liverpool, Victoria Station after a bomb, no pub from the inside after 11pm, the vomitting pigeon in front of a museum featuring odours, hsnehsne castle, nghangha cathedral, dfjudfju cave, the beautiful girl, the spanish girl, ice beer and two jets flying in a canyon.

no pub from the inside after 11pm

Really? Us Britons manage it. As long as they don't sell beer and let you out through the back door, the pubs can't get in trouble (we still get beer after 11, but settle the bill the following morning).

I used to have canned spaghetti on toast all the time... not buttered toast, though, just canned spagghetied toast. I thought it was pretty normal... but then again, my taost antics are far from normal. I have developed a way of eating it that makes it loads better, and I always forget I'm doing it when I'm in front of people which is a nice little ice-breaker. Here's how to eat toast my way:

• Eat off the crusts

• Squeeze the toast so that the warm, liquid butter rises out of the bread

• With your teeth, scrape off the buttery bread that you have just squeezed.

• Repeat the first and second step.

• Keep repeating them until all you have left is the back of the toast.

• Roll this crusty treat up tightly.

• Scrape it on the residual buttery crums you have left on the plate (If there isn't any, you are not a man)

• Eat.

Seriously, try it.

Oh, and ray, the plural of spaghetti is spaghetti [spag-get-eye]

Maybe because his shirt says "I don't leave for 11pm!" ;~

I don't go very often into pubs or bars anyway, especially not weekdays. So I couldn't care less about their closing times. Exceptionally there is this bar with kind of a garden and open air cinema I occasionally happened to find myself this summer. It usually stayed open from friday afternoon to monday morning or sometimes even tuesday. The places I tend to go to on weekends hardly close before 10am, wasn't to bad to have a place where you could go before and/or after clubs, watch the world cup or all at once. :p

• 2 weeks later...

Archived