Home

Where do you live?

Fealiks

Lets see where you live then, fatty.

Where, what, why, when, waterfall?

I live in Nuneaton, West Midlands, England. It's nice but full of chavs which is a shame. It's not at all famous, except for, perhaps, being the home of George Elliot, the female writer called Anne Evans who adopted a dude's name so that her books would be published. This was a long time ago, we were all dead then.

What does it look like?

The newest, most exciting thing that's happened round here is the addition of a big ass shopping centre nearly a year ago. It's called Ropewalk. This is the best (and virtually only) picture I could find: ropewalk.jpg

This is, by the looks of it, really out of date, but anyway this is the town centre:Nuneaton_WEB.jpg

This is a crap fountain that the council put in a few years back. They only made it because some other place in Australia had one. Roanne%20fountain%20in%20Nuneaton.jpg

This is somewhere too but I can't figure out where. Looks nice though:Alms%20Houses.JPG

This is the toss museum. It's full of crap about George Elliot (who was a female writer from here) that no one cares about (or notices): DSCN1255.JPG

This is riversly park, and yeah, that is the museum in the background. But you didn't really notice that, did you? This is the part by the long abbandoned band-stand. I've never seen it this full. The most attention it usually gets is a few chavs playing football with a duck. No, really. Riversley%20Park.JPG

Anything particularly interesting about it?

As I said, it's home to George Elliot, but also, it's where Larry Grayson lived. I went to his old infant school :)

Edit:

Oh, and the river Ankh runs through it. Well, the river Anchor, which is where Terry got the idea. Anyone apart from Joshi know what I'm on about?

Anything else you want to ass?

That's about it.

-----

Use that as a template. Or don't, you ungrateful tosspot.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, should I post Northampton? Or Newcastle. My Current residence is Newcastle, but everyone already knows what that's like, so I'll do Northampton where I grew up and my parents still live.

Let's see, famouse fo shoes, Des O'Connor used to live there, we have the only marketplace in england that still has cobblestones in the floors.

Oh, Princess Diana's buried in Northamptonshire, in her Brother, the Earl of Spencer's house, Althorpe.

We're apparently the largest town in England.

Picatures.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3c/Northampton_Guildhall.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/05/Northampton_market.jpg

(Yes, those aren't cobblestones, they're around the edge of the market)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c3/All_Saints_Church%2C_Northampton.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/25/Northampton_Express_Lift_tower.jpg

Yeah, I think I was somewhere in Northamptonshire already, but not Northampton. But in Southampton and -shire. I also have been to Brighton and Eastbourne, London, Liverpool, Canterbury and some more places I cannot remember right now.

Oh, and not to forget Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.

Yeah, I think I was somewhere in Northamptonshire already, but not Northampton.

No, I should think if you were actually in Northampton, I'd have felt a great disturbance in the force, as if a million tiny pantees cried out, and then instantly stopped.

Well, I live in Warwickshire... And Thrik lives in exactly the same place as my Grandma (and Auntie) :D cool!

It's literally true folks. Thrik occupies the same space as two of Fealiks' relatives, but in different dimensions.

My knowledge of Nuneaton was previously limited to being aware of its existence as a passing annoyance when travelling between London and the northwest on the train. So thanks, Fealiks. I now know that should the train ever catch fire while in the area, I might as well jump in front of the next one to come along.

I, myself, live on Jupiter.

Well, ok, not literally... Mansfield, though.

I went to Jupiter once. It was ok, nice and pretty, but the lack of police and transport kind of lets it down.

Edit: Huz, you had a knowledge of Nuneaton? I thought it was one of those places where if you bring it up in a conversation, it sounds, to the other person, like a nonsense word... I didn't realize anyone knew it existed...

ive gotta agree with huz on this one, the only time i ever hear of nuneaton is when im passing through on the train or when im stood on a platform at warrington bank quay and some guard informs me of its existance because the 17:34 to london euston will be passing though....or something.

seeems the place does exist after all :)

£13.46 says ill never go there...

Hee. :~

There's a place called Newstead on the train between Mansfield and Nottingham (The Robin Hood Line!) which sounds lot like those. You pull up, and you can literally see the entire town below since the station is on a bit of a bank. There's also a grotty pub next to the train station. I think that pretty much describes that entire town's amenities.

Mansfield on the other hand is a superb town with lots of facilities. It's also quite a big town by common standards so the fact I live in it as well as the relatives of someone else on LucasForums doesn't massively surprise me. :¬:

Forgive me for sounding like a snob, but where I'm from we have a little thing called taste which prevents us from buying so-called '17p' noodles. I'd rather buy a pack of noodles for £2 and go hungry for a week than eat that kind of cardboard poison.

I are Here.

Notable for being both the birthplace of 2 American presidents (a father/ son political dynasty... though probably not the ones you are thinking of... :dozey: ) and the cryptic catchphrase "Kilroy Was Here."

Other than that, it mostly serves nowadays as a suburban bedroom community to Boston.

Forgive me for sounding like a snob, but where I'm from we have a little thing called taste which prevents us from buying so-called '17p' noodles. I'd rather buy a pack of noodles for £2 and go hungry for a week than eat that kind of cardboard poison.

Well where I live, I'm a student and eat what I'm given without fussing.

You eat what you are given? Why don't you get your own food?

I'm fed up of people hiding behind the pretence of being a student for eating and drinking absolute shіte.

"Look stan, look, we got a cake for 12p!"

"It has a footprint on it."

"We'll eat round it man! And we got - get this - twenty-four cans of lager for £4!"

"Lager is horrible when you pay for the good stuff, so what the hell is this sailor's piss?"

"Oh man, chill out, we're students."

Fυck all that. I worked hard and earned my money, and instead of spending it on lots and lots of cheap food I spend it on food that tastes nice, and I eat a bit less. God, I'm crazy. ¬¬

Archived