Home

The Outer Rim Territories

Diego Varen

I'm glad that whoever decided to make a Forum for Non-Star Wars Fics made it. I can finally write that Indiana Jones Fic, I plan to write. Thanks to whoever made this for us (I was going to request it, but I decided not too, since I thought I would get into trouble with the Mods) and discuss about the new Forum here.

I myself have posted The Hotel Mystery there.

I'm glad that whoever decided to make a Forum for Non-Star Wars Fics made it. I can finally write that Indiana Jones Fic, I plan to write. Thanks to whoever made this for us (I was going to request it, but I decided not too, since I thought I would get into trouble with the Mods) and discuss about the new Forum here.

I myself have posted The Hotel Mystery there.

We are always opened to suggestions: that's why we have a feedback forum! Don't hesitate to suggest new features...The worst that can happen is that the suggestions don't get implemented.

Since there seem to be quite a few people with an interest for writing here, I thought it would be nice to give them a place to share their non Star Wars work but if you have other suggestions, let us know...I am running out of ideas! :p

Enjoy the new playground! (And keep it PG-13!)

(I was going to request it, but I decided not too, since I thought I would get into trouble with the Mods)

Oh hey man, not sure if it was me and my previous statements elsewhere over asking for "sticky" threads, but if I (or any other mod) ever gave you the impression to not suggest anything for LFnet then I humbly apologize. :(

I would never intentionally want to stifle you or anyone else's ideas about making this a better Community.

You will not get into trouble, and if you are told such, please by all means, let another mod know of the situation... this Community has grown to great lengths only because it's members are some of the best and brightest around (that I've seen)... and well over half of what LFnet is today is because of member's input :)

So once again, If I ever personally made you feel you would get into trouble by suggesting something, then I apologize to you, or anyone else that may have thought the same thing :)

Jae, congrats for everything you did to implement this idea and keep up the good momerator work.

Thanks. :)

They did all the button-pushing/keystroking to make the forum magically appear. I'm just the one who gets to sit back and enjoy what everyone writes. :D

You all behave now, hear? Don't make me put on "The Momerator Look" :D

You all behave now, hear? Don't make me put on "The Momerator Look" :D

You will not momerate me! I shall not give you a single post to edit! Do you hear me? Never! NEEVVERRR!!! :xp:

Very kewl sounding new forum! I'll have to take a look at what people are posting. Thanks for setting it up. :) (Maybe Mach will post some of his books?)

I won't give my nemesis any posts to exploit, though. :xp:

She said even she doesn't know why. :)

I'm sure that's either because I got run over by the Clue bus, I haven't checked my email yet and it's there, or Darth333 got tied up with work. :D

It's probably for keeping you all in line in CEC and whapping you over the head with a fic if you all stray past the PG-13 line in content/language/etc or make 50 gazillion off-topic posts.

I suspect my very cute kids might be part of the reason, too. No, of course I'm not biased or anything. Why do you ask? :D

It's probably for keeping you all in line in CEC and whapping you over the head with a fic if you all stray past the PG-13 line in content/language/etc or make 50 gazillion off-topic posts.

You already had editing powers... This is blatant intimidation. :D

As well as that one other thing you now have... :xp:

I suspect my very cute kids might be part of the reason, too. No, of course I'm not biased or anything. Why do you ask? :D

I refuse to comment on that. :p

Exactly. Jae has done a tremendous job over the last months, not only by keeping you in line but also by organizing all the fanfics in the CEC forum. Also, with the creation of the new forum, I thought that it was more than appropriate to give her official mod status (note that she was already a mod...the status was just hidden behind another title).

As well as that one other thing you now have... :xp:

Yeah, you better be on your best behavior now...Jae has more than just editing powers :xp:

Exactly. Jae has done a tremendous job over the last months, not only by keeping you in line but also by organizing all the fanfics in the CEC forum. Also, with the creation of the new forum, I thought that it was more than appropriate to give her official mod status (note that she was already a mod...the status was just hidden behind another title).

You'll make me blush now. Thanks. :)

Yeah, you better be on your best behavior now...Jae has more than just editing powers :xp:

:devsmoke: Heh heh...

Actually, I'll be very happy if the ban button stays very unused.

I was talking about the feature she gets with PMs, actually... Gawd, that's a lot! I'm green with envy.

Remind me not to post when tired. Of course, I'll probably ignore it and post anyway.... Actually, I was just rather surprised by the whole thing. :)

(don't take this as sucking up, but rather as basic culture) Jae, congrats on your full mod status.

Now, to more important things - the creation of this new non-SW fics forum begs the question: Will there also be a separate forum for reading finished non-SW fics, or will they all be put in the Jedi Archives?

I realize that this isn't a crucial issue right now, seeing as how the new section of the CEC just began its existence, but still, are there any ideas for this issue that might be implemented in the future?

(don't take this as sucking up, but rather as basic culture) Jae, congrats on your full mod status.

Now, to more important things - the creation of this new non-SW fics forum begs the question: Will there also be a separate forum for reading finished non-SW fics, or will they all be put in the Jedi Archives?

Thanks!

That's a great question. I don't have an answer yet, but I'm inclined to put them in the Archives for now unless someone has objections. I don't know that we need 2 separate archives, but it's certainly a thought if you all think it's important. :)

We didn't make any decision on this yet (it's one of the reasons I didn't edited the Jedi Archives forum description yet). My first idea was to wait a bit and see how things evolve before making any final decision as to what would be more appropriate.

Anyway, here are some possible options I've been thinking about:

- Keep everything in the Outer Rim Territories (statu quo)

- Create a forum for non sw finished stories within the Outer Rim Territories (like the Jedi Archives but within the new forum instead of directly in the CEC forum)

- Create a forum for non sw finished stories directly within the CEC forum (like the Jedi Archives)

- Put everything in the Jedi Archives with separate tables of contents for sw and non sw fics and proper tags in the titles.

- Create a child forum within the Outer Rim Territories (like the Jedi Archives but within the new forum instead of directly in the CEC forum)

This is probably the best solution, but you are right when you say that we should all wait and see how things develop for the Outer Rim Territories. There's no need to create another subforum now, since nobody knows how popular will the Outer Rim become.

Archived