Home

The One Year Thread 2007: XWA's Celibatic Boogaloo

Rogue Nine

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rogue Nine

Is the server's clock correct? When I checked the board earlier in the afternoon, I noticed Zargon's post showing in the index as coming @ 12:31 PM whether I was logged in or not. I figure this could only happen if the server clock was still on Central Daylight Time (as I'm on Eastern Standard Time now).

Extreme ski movies today.

Always pretty easy. Long day. Weird. Good money, though...

Same thing tomorrow.

Rest of the weekend promises to be equally weird:

Sun.: Beatles tribute band (with a twist: They play all the Beatles songs they never or couldn't play live... for example: they are going to play all of Sgt. Pepper's note-for-note. That's kinda cool...) All heavy hitters from New York, too. Like guys from Letterman's and Conan's bands.

Mon.: Singer from Korn doing an acoustic show. Hmmm...

They play all the Beatles songs they never or couldn't play live... for example: they are going to play all of Sgt. Pepper's note-for-note.

I just bought that album, thinking I was really missing out, but I think all the good ones I already had on the greatest hits stuff. Except, "When I'm Sixty-Four" which rocks your face off...so to speak.

Yeah... True.

I guess it's hard to truly appreciate how amazingly revolutionary those albums (and Sgt. Pepper in particular...) were (musically and production-wise...) this far down the road, though...

But it's not my fave Beatles disk by any means. Abbey Road, Revolver, Rubber Soul, and the White Album all rate higher with me personally, and see a lot more use in my collection.

i never got into the beatles. i can't even list any names of any songs by them. i mostly listen to music that was invented between my birthdate and the present.

Test drove the tracker, it drives nice, however the 'service engine soon' light was on, the dealer mentioned it after i drove it and said they would see what's wrong with it, get it fixed and inspected. if i get approved, my monthly payment wouldn't be so bad, it's drawn out over a 3 month time frame, so i could probably pay it off sooner if i wished. I really like the dash view, also it's very comfortable driving. if it doesn't go through, gonna check the stratus...lol oh btw the interest rate came out to 11.00%. the total cost is 5905, and i'd be paying 173 per month on it. it has a 3 month or 3,000 mile powertrain warranty says something about engine transmission and driveline (i guess those are covered under the warranty?) the guy said it belonged to a lady and the reason it doesn't have many miles on it is she didn't live too far from where she worked and that's basically all she used it for.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up......

gotta go do a month worth of laundry tonight....yay.

They aren't my favorite band of all time... but I do like them.

Their historical impact on the pop-music culture is hard to be overestimated, however. If the Beatles had never existed, popular music in the world would be very different today, indeed. Unrecognizable, even.

I am wiped out.

I worked another long day of ski movies yesterday, got home just before 1, and then grabbed just about 4 hours sleep last night. Gotta be back in early this am to do another 14 to 16 hour day.

Even earlier if I want to grab a breakfast before I start... which I'm sure I will have to do, because I know how these days go: It will be close to 5 or 6 this afternoon before I get any kind of break, so if I don't eat before work, then THAT'S the time I'll get breakfast.

Another long one tomorrow, too...

I'm getting too old for this ****.

Hopefully, all my attempts to get myself in some semblance of shape this summer will help me hold up better under this stress than I could of otherwise.

IMHO the Beatles were the original "Boy band" that later became a formula. Singing catchy upbeat tunes as a chorus, which encourages their fans to join in. I don't know if they really had any real talent with making music.... the Beatles songs were all known for their melodies, and lyrics. I don't remember a solo, or riff that stood out.

They were a band that was at the right place and time for a revolution of culture for the boomers

my personal opinion that if the beatles never existed, some other band would have come along and influenced music the same way. Of course, there's no way to prove that or to prove that music would be different without the beatles.

For me, they are a necessary evil because, as Keyan said, some of my favorite musicians liked them and were influenced by them.

I just wish they would hurry up and die. I'm sure paul and ringo are nice chaps, but we don't need the beatles or their ex-members in the world anymore.

It probably would have been the Beach Boys, rather than the Beatles in that case.

Try to imagine that world...

I think we can all be pretty sure that the deaths of the remaining 2 would be far more likely to increase their exposure, rather than diminish it.

I think the Beatles music will be around for a long, long time... unfortunately for you.

Speaking of long, long times...

Yesterday was one. As in:

A.

****ing.

Horror.

Show.

Roughest day I've had at work in a long time. Exasperated by my sheer exhaustion (which, after arriving home after 1 am, and getting back out of bed before 6 am, has not let up in any way, and in fact, is now much worse than yesterday at this time, and that was already pretty damn bad...)

I really hope today is far smoother... my nerves are pretty frayed. I know it's going to be as long... if not longer...

Archived