Home

WTF of the Week

Rogue Nine

I don't really see how this could have been predictable.

When someone pitches an idea like that, who the hell is going to say, "Can people die from this?" Yeah, it was a tragedy and stuff, but don't act like the radio people even expected someone to get hurt.

I agree with Lightsaberboy. That was my first thought when I read about that woman. She left her house with good intentions and winds-up dead for it. Stupid radio personalities.

And after this incident, they might actually have to ask that question TiE.

The radio hosts didn't expect anyone to die, the most they expected was someone to urinate themselves. You can't call them stupid for not expecting a rare water overdose condition from happening.

I don't see it as a preventable accident, but more as a freak/unfortunate accident. It was a simple water drinking contest that took a strange and tragic turn.

Yeah... water definitely kills in large amounts. You can't hold your sodium/electrolyte balance. It's why marathoners drink gatorade and not water.

Sorry to hear about this though; this could have been prevented. But I'm sure that no one knew about it. Hell, I didn't even know about it till a few years ago, and hydration is important to me as a runner...

As harsh as it might sound, she should have known better. Whatever happened to personal responsibility? She could have easily looked up the dangers of what she was doing and weighed the cost ahead of time. It is certainly tragically stupid b/c it was completely avoidable.

Archived