Home

Bastila's role...

Salzella

What do you think it should be? We know she survives, when the exile goes to look for Revan, so what role should she play in KOTOR III?

I would like to see her as a party character once again, alongside (probably) Revan, but maybe not everyone actually likes Bastila, hence this thread ;)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Bastilla (along with Revan and Carth for that matter) should all be side-characters, not being about to join your party. I don't really want too many important people from the old games in your party again.

For instance, they should have HK-47, T3-M4, and Mandalore be the only characters that stick with the main character from the old games (since they have been in both previous KotORs). Everyone else should be new, including Bastilla.

She would be too old.

Not necessarily. If the game takes place only a few years after TSL she wouldn't be too old. Remember, in KotOR I, she was still a young padawan.

I would like to see Bastila in KotOR III, but not as a party member. I agree with KotO[REvan] that possibly T3-M4, HK-47, and Mandalore should be party members, but everyone else should be new.

What do you think it should be? We know she survives, when the exile goes to look for Revan, so what role should she play in KOTOR III?

Techincally, she may not have surivied for a Female LS Revan. It is strange that she did not appear for Female LS, but appear she did not.

The reason is the fact that it is harder to save Bastilla if you are Female, because Bastilla is not a leb/love interest like Jhunai is. Therefore, you have to play a very good mini-game to save Bastilla...which is hard. I guess that the makers of K2 was afraid that many players were unable to win this minigame and decide to leave Bastilla's fate in the lurch for someone who set Revan to Female LS...since she could possibly die.

Because of this, I suspect that Bastilla will not reapper in K3, at least not for Revan Female LS issue. If she does appear, then it will only be a cameo apperance, like that small talk you get if you set Revan to LS and meet up with Carth (and Bastilla if you are Male LS).

Hm, I wonder if we get to see Bastilla's corpse in the Unknown Regions for playeres who set DS Revan. After all, Bastilla did leave known Space to find Revan if you set Revan to DS, angry that the Sith are killing each other, and afraid for Revan and this threat to his power, what we know as the True Sith.

A lot would depend upon the timeframe of the new game. If it takes place not too long after TSL, then she could show up in a few different ways. If you've got a LS Revan, she could be a member of the new Jedi council. If DS, maybe in another holocron providing some clue about Revan's current whereabouts, or maybe in a cameo providing critical info. Perhpas you even encounter her if you find Revan (and Exile?). Whatever they decide to do, I agree that she should remain a secondary character at best. Even more so if the next story takes place even later.

Not necessarily. If the game takes place only a few years after TSL she wouldn't be too old. Remember, in KotOR I, she was still a young padawan.

Actually, she was a Jedi Knight in KotOR.

Bastila: "I wondered if the Council wanted to see how I would help and guide you on our quest. I wondered if they were testing me to see if I was ready to become a Jedi Master myself. And then I realized how foolish such thoughts were. As the Council explained, sending a Master in our group would only have drawn unwanted attention from the Sith. The fate of the galaxy is at stake, the Council would not risk it merely to test me. They calculated the risks and in the end chose the only option available."

Although I haven’t played KotOR for almost half a year now, I do remember her saying this.

Now, what do I think Bastila’s role should be in KotOR III? Well, it depends on what the story is about and what timeline the story takes place in. Now, I have said several times how strongly I am against the idea of the devs using the canon Revan and the canon Exile in KotOR III, however, I don’t mind if they use canon on any other characters apart from Revan and the Exile in KotOR III.

What I mean by that is, in TSL, despite the fact that you could kill Bastila in KotOR as LSM Revan, she shows up anyway. I don’t mind if they do stuff like that, as the fate of some important characters in KotOR and TSL, who could potentially have significant roles in KotOR III, weren’t decided by the characters alignment. For example, you could be any alignment you want and still have the option to kill Atris in TSL as the Exile. It makes things easier for the devs this way, because it saves time and resources.

Now, presuming KotOR III is a follow up of TSL, they should IMO make it that Bastila is also alive if Revan is set as a LSF, so this way, she’s alive no matter what, and can have a big role in KotOR III.

My idea is that no matter what, Bastila went looking for Revan in the unknown regions. During her search for Revan, she chances across you (the PC of KotOR III), who is just some random nobody force sensitive from a planet in the deep outer regions of space.

Someone who never has been, and isn’t affiliated with any major faction from the start, and has no prior association with the previous games. You’re just going about your normal, everyday type of business, whatever that may be, on your home planet, until, the ‘True Sith’ attack your planet.

At the time, Bastila is on your home planet, with HK-47 and T3-M4 (who she finds during her search on Vjun), and by chance, you come across her, or more or less, she can feel your presence through the force and your great potential, so she comes to you.

Call it a bizarre coincidence or whatever, but she’d help you, and perhaps two or three party members you gather along on your home planet, escape the ‘True Sith’ attack and flee to safety.

She’d then train you, her way. You see, I’d make it that she is no longer a Jedi or a Sith. Instead, she has developed a Kyle Katarn type philosophy, being that no force power is inheritably dark or light, but how and for what one uses a force power truly defines whether you’re good or evil.

As you can see, if it’s assumed that Bastila lives no matter what, in a KotOR III story that will presumably take place anywhere between two months to ten years after TSL, she could be your master. Good idea or not?

I got mixed feelings about that. I want Kotor III to take place decades after KII and that would lead to Bastila being dead.

But if it's just a few after K2, Bastila could play quite a major role... Old characters get boring, I agree, but Bastila may have changed entirely. Finding out about her newest agenda and her motives anhd feelings could be just as interesting as exploring a new character. For me anyway. :D

Hmmm, yeah maybe not a party member. Howeever, like her or not, she is an important part of the KOTOR era, and integral to Revan's story (if you take the canonical path), so i can't see her being dead, or not appearing in it at all. The idea of her being found dead in the unknown regions is fine i guess, but correct me if i'm wrong, wasn't it the Exile who went to search for Revan? if that's the case, Bastila would most likely have stayed behind with Carth et al, protecting the Republic, or what's left of it. I think it unlikely she would not play a part.

I would like to see Bastila return to KotOR III in the form of a non-playable Jedi Master on the head Council, maybe even as Grand Jedi Master. Even if Bastila had turned to the dark side in the first game, I'd like to believe that without Revan's influence Bastila would eventually come back to her senses and return to the Jedi...or what's left of it.

I don't want Bastila is KotOR III. Been there, done that lets move on to something new. If she does appear I hope it is handled in the same way as TSL, brief and to the point. While I agree she is a very important part of the KotOR universe, like Prime said, her story been told. It is time to move on to someone new and different.

Bastila is one of the few Jedi remaining by the end of Kotor2. She may even be the only one as the Exile leaves known space, and none of the crew from Kotor2 are certain to be trained Jedi (since it is entirely optional).

So I think that if an eventual Kotor3 takes places in known space and not too long after Kotor2, then Bastila will have a role in re-building the Jedi Order.

She probably won't be a party member, although I would like it so.

]HK-47, T3-M4, and Mandalore

Talk about characters whose stories has been told :rolleyes:

The only one which have any reason to be in the party in Kotor3 would be T3-M4 because of the Navi Computer. Hk-47's comments were funny in Kotor, but tedious in Kotor2, no need to see any more of that particular droid. Canderous already has the task of gathering the clans. It was ridiculous that he could join the party in Kotor2. In kotor3 he should only appear in cut-scenes if even that. His story has been told.

but everyone else should be new.

Considering the boring, shallow, 2-dimensional and uninteresting characters Obsidian came up with, I'm not particularly keen on "new" characters.

Considering the boring, shallow, 2-dimensional and uninteresting characters Obsidian came up with, I'm not particularly keen on "new" characters.

i partly agree, partly disagree with that. i'll admit, when i first saw the list of characters, i thought 'rip-off'. Canderous (again) HK-47 (again) TM (again), Hanharr (another wookie...), they were just recylced parts. having played it, i do not find these new characters as interesting, cannot relate to them as much as in the original KOTOR. bastila was one of my favourites from KOTOR I, and i would be disappointed were she not to return, or play a part.

another thing... if the characters were entirely new, where would we establish the continuity? it's KOTOR III, not a spin-off, as far as we know, and the developers would something in the way of a link to the previous two, whatever form that may take. bastila would be an obvious choice.

Personally while I agree that Bastila's story is done. I wouldn't mind her in the game. By that I mean if you can have Kreia the former Jedi Master-Sith Lord-Gray Jedi as a low level character. I don't see why not you couldn't have Bastila as low level character. (Barbra Hale's voice :drool: )

I personally don't want to see Canderous Ordo/Mandalore back> While I love the character. Stick a fork in his story it's done. Realistically the only two characters I want back are HK & T3.

I’m not a fan of the idea of KotOR III taking place anymore than five years after TSL. I say make it canonical that regardless of Revan’s gender/alignment, Bastila is alive in KotOR III no matter what. She can’t just be treated like she’s fallen off the map, so to speak. We all know she has the potential for a major role in KotOR III. Make her the master of the PC in KotOR III I say! And Mandalore should have an important role in KotOR III as well, but not be a party member. He should get more than just a cameo or so though.

By that I mean if you can have Kreia the former Jedi Master-Sith Lord-Gray Jedi as a low level character.

The reason she was low level was that Kreia was stripped of the Force by the Sith...Just like you were stripped of the Force (but, of course, you were the one that stripped it from yourself). I don't think Bastilla should be stripped of the force...that would be too repetetive.

Just make her a true NPC, either LS or DS depending on Revan.

I think Obsideon made a mistake by having alternate endings to K1 in K2 and if they do the same again then eventually the story will be so wattered down it will just be boring.

K1 had characters that looked like cardboard cutouts but developed, Obsideon almost went back the other way. Atton looks like he might be interesting but he's just Han Solo with force powers, Kreia looks like a grey Jedi but she turns out just to be a Sith.

K2 only makes sense if you wnet LS in K1 because Revan WINS in the darkside ending, the fleet is destroyed and all that remains is to take Coruscant. The K2 you basically have to believe that Revan left and that then everyone else just stopped working, Revan wasn't even that big in K1, he's the hero, not the king.

K3 should go canon and then use that to build a really good solid story like K1 had.

K2 only makes sense if you wnet LS in K1 because Revan WINS in the darkside ending, the fleet is destroyed and all that remains is to take Coruscant. The K2 you basically have to believe that Revan left and that then everyone else just stopped working, Revan wasn't even that big in K1, he's the hero, not the king.

Actually, it says that when Revan left, without the strength of a leader, they fell back into civil war...as they always do. You're right, Revan isn't "the king" but he is a strong leader.

K3 should go canon and then use that to build a really good solid story like K1 had.

Oh...I completely disagree. There would be ways to fit the story around the players past choices. I don't want my choices and my characters from the past games to simply be discarded like they never existed.

Archived