Home

The War on Drugs caught on tape!

Datheus

Wow.

Reminds me of this one time, my mom was watching cops in the livingroom when I was making something to eat, and this chick called them saying someone robbed her. They get to the scene, and ask her what she did, "I DUN PAID HER AND SHE AINT GIVE ME MY DRUGS!"

-_-

I'm pretty sure it's hard to drive when you're really all, uhm, on drugs.

Uhm, maybe after a few hours yeah, but thats besides the point.

Yeah...if you were on drugs like mushrooms, peyote, LSD, heroin, cocaine, heroin....sure.

Marijuana makes me a very cautious driver, honestly I drive at a very modest pace and I use 'laser vision' to watch for pedestrians.

You mean: why is it illegal when drugs like alcohol aren't?

Good question.

The age old question.

Yeah...if you were on drugs like mushrooms, peyote, LSD, heroin, cocaine, heroin....sure.

Marijuana makes me a very cautious driver, honestly I drive at a very modest pace and I use 'laser vision' to watch for pedestrians.

Well, what I was getting at was when you're at the peak of your high. Trust me, I know about this stuff. *cough*

But maybe it's just different for everyone, eh?

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/MISC/driving/driving2.htm

http://www.dft.gov.uk/stellent/groups/dft_rdsafety/documents/page/dft_rdsafety_504567-08.hcsp#P967_110554

Here are some of the details of an interesting (relatively recent) study into driving performance under the influence of marijuana.

It posits several interesting things. First, that general driving skills are only significantly impaired by very high doses of cannabis, and only then for short periods immediately following the taking of the drug.

Secondly it shows that while alcohol typically makes drivers overconfident while driving, cannabis actually makes drivers more careful, less arrogant about their own abilities, etcetera. This largely compensates for any negative effects of the drug.

Thirdly it notes that cannabis is not the contributing factor to actual accidents that anti-pot campaigners make it out to be. Most of the marijuana-users who were judged to be culpable in recorded accidents had also been drinking at the time, so the drug cannot be blamed in isolation in these cases.

Add to this the fact that fatigue has been shown to affect drivers' abilities as negatively as alcohol... and you must come to the conclusion that the contention that marijuana is a serious problem for driver safety just doesn't stand up to the few facts that we have. Not only is it not a serious problem for drivers, even if it WAS, it would be nowhere near the most serious problem. Driving while tired and driving while drunk take that cake.

Well, what I was getting at was when you're at the peak of your high. Trust me, I know about this stuff. *cough*

But maybe it's just different for everyone, eh?

You're absolutely right, I try not to take a huge bong hit before I walk out the door. I've also refused to drive somewhere because, "I'm too high."

Though it's more that I'm too lazy. ;)

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer...ng/driving2.htm

http://www.dft.gov.uk/stellent/grou...csp#P967_110554

Here are some of the details of an interesting (relatively recent) study into driving performance under the influence of marijuana.

It posits several interesting things. First, that general driving skills are only significantly impaired by very high doses of cannabis, and only then for short periods immediately following the taking of the drug.

Secondly it shows that while alcohol typically makes drivers overconfident while driving, cannabis actually makes drivers more careful, less arrogant about their own abilities, etcetera. This largely compensates for any negative effects of the drug.

Thirdly it notes that cannabis is not the contributing factor to actual accidents that anti-pot campaigners make it out to be. Most of the marijuana-users who were judged to be culpable in recorded accidents had also been drinking at the time, so the drug cannot be blamed in isolation in these cases.

Add to this the fact that fatigue has been shown to affect drivers' abilities as negatively as alcohol... and you must come to the conclusion that the contention that marijuana is a serious problem for driver safety just doesn't stand up to the few facts that we have. Not only is it not a serious problem for drivers, even if it WAS, it would be nowhere near the most serious problem. Driving while tired and driving while drunk take that cake.

Bingo, not to mention cell phones....goodness gracious.

Everyone's got different reactions to it. I don't do it myself but I know from a few mates of mine who do. It's the same with drink-driving; some people can't drive safely after one pint, some people can drive safely after four - but it's illegal anyway so that's irrelevant ;)

Besides, on the "but is he safe to drive?" question, I'd say a bloke who's too stupid to remember his spliff is behind his ear when he's telling the Old Bill he's clean is too stupid to be driving when he is clean :rolleyes:

If any substance is going to make him more stupid, then put him in jail so that at least he can't drive while he's doing it :xp:

B.

Archived