Home

engrish crass

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In Singapore, English is the official language, but a lot of people butcher it pretty badly so it's often referred to as Singlish. Is that what you were referring to, elTee?

Yes, that's what I meant to say. Someone probably edited my post to make me look silly... anyway, I had to study it (briefly) during a module once. It's generally considered a true dialect of English, even a creole, so it's more than just a nickname. It's because - well, let's just say it doesn't just mean 'l=r' - there's a lot more to it than that. But this is (ironically ¬) off topic.

What's a "buxom"? :dozey:

Not knowing things ain't bad nor a proof of stupidity. And asking for something you don't know is totally normal. Even if it's something literally everybody knows. Once you have kids you might be exposed to more "what is" questions in one day than the number of sexual contacts you'll have in your whole life, Mr. Mole. Yes, it'll be definitely more than 5 questions.

On the other hand, next time you'll explain everything to her, and if you do it clever eunuch, you can add that up to 6-7 time to beat. XD

What? My posts always are totally coherent and insightful, you all have no clue.

I wish I had somthing funny like that. The most relevant thing would probably be...

"Avery, what's the answer?"

"Point bar 6."

"What?"

"POINT BAR SIX."

"WHAT?"

"POINT BAR SIX! The six is repeating. it's like .66666666666"

"OH! Don't you mean point 6 repeating?"

"I've been told it was bar six by every math teacher who's gone over repeating decimals in my life, but whatever."

I wish I had somthing funny like that. The most relevant thing would probably be...

"Avery, what's the answer?"

"Point bar 6."

"What?"

"POINT BAD SIX."

"WHAT?"

"POINT BAR SIX! The six is repeating. it's like .66666666666"

"OH! Don't you mean point 6 repeating?"

"I've been told it was bar six by every math teacher who's gone over repeating decimals in my life, but whatever."

Uh no. It's "point six repeating". Way2fail.

Than Mr Wise, Ms Manack, Mr Steanglo, and Mr Deer all fail?

In addition to sounded mildly retarded by saying "point bar six", yes. I can see where it came from (the notation for a repeating decimal is just a bar over the pattern that repeats), but that ****'s retarded. Say "point six repeating" or start truncating or rounding; ideally you'd put the decimal into fraction form for greater accuracy.

In addition to sounded mildly retarded by saying "point bar six", yes. I can see where it came from (the notation for a repeating decimal is just a bar over the pattern that repeats), but that ****'s retarded. Say "point six repeating" or start truncating or rounding; ideally you'd put the decimal into fraction form for greater accuracy.

...I had no idea you knew math.

Archived