Home

Warhammer 40,000 MMO

HK-87

Pff...Greater good...Weak little Tau...My Space Marines will see you dead! In The Name of The Emperor, you shall be purged!

Hopefully, it'll be the first really good space MMO. I've always thought they were pretty bad. IMO of course.

that it's a WoW killer.

Not really, since one is in space, the other in a fantasy universe rooted on the ground :)

I hope they have that Chaos God that main goal is to destroy Chaos. :)

Malal - The renegade fifth Chaos God, he represented Chaos fighting against itself. Due to copyright issues, he is no longer mentioned in current background material.

Hopefully, Malal can be renamed to Malice, like "Sons of Malice" that battle against other Chaos Gods. Malal/Malice sounds like an interesting character...and I would love to join up and fight with him. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah well, I was never a fan of Warhammer. I think Blizzard did better then Games Workshop. Yeah, Blizzard did steal a lot of things from GW, but overall, I'd say they did a better job at making an interesting fantasy universe. IMO of course.

On the other hand, there's nothing like Warhammer 40K. Even StarCraft, which is as close as it gets, is almost totally different. W40K is some sort of neo-gothic world, dark and gritty, with lots of bloody violence and fanaticism.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
Looks interesting. If and only if it won't require a monthly subscription, I might consider getting it.

I don't know if you've been following GamesWorkshop as a company lately, but it's pretty certain there'll be a monthly subscription.

They're not just content with having some of the highest priced (and decidedly average quality) miniatures in the market and some awful rules, they want your video gaming money too. :)

Interesting. Hopefully this will lure away the creepy dudes in their 40s that always seem to be in the Games Workshop in my area. I just go in on an odd lunch break to look at the artwork in White Dwarf.

mtfbwya

Neckbeards are the least likely group to like the MMO, don't get your hopes up. ;)

Here's a brief interview with Joe Madureira - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-dark-millenium/700743

Nothing that we didn't already know and more of an intro for non-40K fans, but there are a couple of seconds worth of extra in-game footage than what was shown in the trailer. The most interesting thing is probably the "booth babe" behind him.

• 1 year later...

So THQ have announced that Dark Millennium is no longer an MMO and is being turned into "an immersive single player and online multiplayer experience with robust digital content, and engaging community features" instead.

THQ CEO Brian Farrell explains: "we have been actively looking for a business partner for the game as an MMO. However, based on changing market dynamics and the additional investment required to complete the game as an MMO, we believe the right direction for us is to shift the title". So not enough money.

Archived