Home

Gotta catch 'em all!

swphreak

So, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl have been released, and anyone with a Nintendo DS should be picking it up. You can't own a Nintendo handheld and not play the Pokemon RPGs.

Who else picked up a copy?

If you want to trade or battle, send me a PM with your friend code, and I'll add you and send mine just post your friend codes here.

Mine: 3909 4019 6202

Moel: 1461 2692 2204

Datheus: 0902 9409 3613

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first Pokemon game I bought was Silver, then Crystal, then Yellow (my friend had Red at the time)... then I sold them cause we moved onto Ruby and Sapphire... I bought Ruby and FireRed. But it was too hard finding people to battle with though so I ended up giving it up.

But now that Diamond and Pearl are coming out, I'm gonna get back into the swing of things since it has online play. To add to that, it's gonna be so much better once Pokemon Battle Revolution comes out. I've bought myself a copy of Pokemon Emerald the other day to get myself geared up, I'll be buying Diamond or Pearl when it comes out down here on June 21st... haven't decided which one I'll get exactly...

@ R15: No it's not, it's for everyone. If you knew anything then you'd know it's a powerful, fully customisable RPG where players must work with and against each other. Pokemon is by far more technical than most turn-based RPGs out there *points*

I bought Diamond the day it came out. Its great so far, I have 3 badges. Here's my friend code: 1461 2692 2204

And my name is Jeff. I think you need to enter the other players name in also when you add friends.

The thing that I think is going to be worst about the DS game is there are so many I'll never be able to remember all their names. In B/R and S/G, I gave all my Pokémon nicknames but I wouldn't have a clue who they were if I did that in this one.

I don't have a DS sadly. I haven't bought (or played) a pokemon game since Ruby and Sapphire. They need to make a frikken fully 3D console pokemon RPG game already. :D

Pokemon has made console games for gamecube. I think gale of darkness is a turnbased RPG. Anyway Im wondering when they are going to remake freaken crystal. Since it was my favorite of all time since I beat it 100%

Pfft, I had all 151 (that's right, even Mew) on my Blue version back in 4th grade on the old black and white brick game boys. I had to trade for all the Red version only ones with random people at school.

Still by far one of, if not my biggest gaming achievement.

@ R15: XD I've only ever liked the videogames when it came to Pokemon. But Pokemon originally started off as just a videogame so that's all I need to focus my attention on.

@ BongoBob: Then you missed out then cause Crystal had the best of the first and second generation in it. IMO the G/S/C generation was damn good, DAMN GOOD *points* Plus to be perfectly blunt here, D/P is just the same old game, has stuff added and is optimised and has online multiplayer. The best part about D/P will be its online play and even better will be its connectivity with Pokemon Battle Revolution for Wii... and of course the new Pokemon that may be really cool XD

Plus I had all 251 Pokemon on my Silver cart :p

@ Terracentral: The console versions of Pokemon games have always been spinoffs or stadium games. A PROPER RPG version has never been released. Gale of Darkness is a turn based RPG type game, but it's not the tradition Pokemon adventure that many hope for.

@ BongoBob: Then you missed out then cause Crystal had the best of the first and second generation in it. IMO the G/S/C generation was damn good, DAMN GOOD *points* Plus to be perfectly blunt here, D/P is just the same old game, has stuff added and is optimised and has online multiplayer. The best part about D/P will be its online play and even better will be its connectivity with Pokemon Battle Revolution for Wii... and of course the new Pokemon that may be really cool XD

Plus I had all 251 Pokemon on my Silver cart :p

I played Gold, and I loved the fact that you could go back to the original region after beating the game, but I just don't have as fond memories of it that I do with my original Blue version.

Also, I caught them all when I was 9, and that's what makes it awsome. Btw, you missed one in silver, because I know there was 252 in it :p

@ R15: I was a teen when the craze started and I didn't actually catch onto it until I was in mid to late teens. It was only till my late teens did I fully appreciate the games and now I'm beyond my teens and in my 20s and I consider it to be one of the most important game series around. My appreciation for the game series has grown, not diminished over the years.

It's also handy to not that while the love for the Pokemon anime, card game, merchandising was a phase, it is still quite popular, though obviously not as popular as it was at one point in time.

However, and this is the best part for fans of the videogames... Since Red and Blue were released, each successive generation has sold more units than the generation before it and that trend has continued with Diamond and Pearl. While D/P has only just began selling in the US, it's already sold over a million units within 5 days and there's no sign of slowing down.

@ BongoBob: Oh yeah there is. I didn't miss one since I clearly remember my Pokedex being complete, I just miscounted :p

"Pokemon? Pokemon? With the poke and the man and the thing with the guy walks out of the thing and he [insert mumbling and weird noises]"

[/bill Cosby]

Hehe... I remember being able to recite the complete theme songs of the TV shows. All three of them. Except for the odd poke-rap thing. Too many thing sot remember in that :p

I've also played all the GB/GBA games and beaten them, althought the collection after the plot ends was always a thing I couldn't be bothered with.

Nowadays it all seems silly.

@IG-64: Stadium, Stadium 2, Colosseum and XD are 3D. And all are for Nintendo consoles :p

Archived