Home

Things you'd like to see in KOTOR 3, plot-wise.

Okay, this thread is a little different in that, rather than it it being about the main plot of KOTOR 3, it's about little things you'd like to encounter here and there throughout the story. I'll go first to demonstrate what I mean:

If the ruins of Taris are in the game, I'd like to see the legendary Promised Land, and if the outcasts from the Undercity ever made it there. It can be an underground city.

If there is a way of specifying the gender and alignment of Revan and the Exile, I'd like to see what became of Carth on Lehon when Revan turned to the dark side and betrayed his party. I think it'd be kind of cool to run into Carth as a crazed hermit with a beard who mumbles tales of his misfortunes before attacking your party. (Perhaps he has even dabbled with the Force and, being mad with rage, is now a crazed dark-sider.) This, of course, would be a direct parallel to Carth's successful career as a Republic admiral, as is the canonical continuation of the dark side story.

I'd like to see what became of some of your past party members, particularly Mission, Juhani, Jolee, Atton, Brianna, Mical, Mira and Visas. This, of course, would depend upon the alignments of Revan and the Exile as specified by you, since some of those people may be dead if the main characters were dark-siders.

The characters who are deliberate polar opposites should interact with one another: Carth and Atton, Zalbaar and Hanharr, Bastila and Visas, etc.

I definitely want Bastila in my party. Whether she joins you as a Jedi or a Sith would depend upon how you characterized Revan and his alignments earlier in the game.

Get it now? I'd like to hear some other ideas.

What I like to see:

-The Formation of a New Sith Order For DS Exiles.

-The True Sith actually being good guys and end up being saved by the Third Character. It would be a great plot-twist and put kibbosh to the secret desire to genocide the True Sith.

-Revan and Exile not playing that major a role in K3.

Revan & Exile playing major roles; I'm already attached to them so I don't want to play as someone else.

Real Sith. Like the Sith species. On Ziost.

The New Jedi Order led by Visas.

Past NPcs, except Carth and the Wookies.

Nihilus coming back.

A dark side fit for a Sith Lord.

- Revan and the Exile play large parts, but absolutely not as your main character and not in your party. Ever.

- Bastila, HK, and T3 return to the party.

- The True Sith look like the Sith species, and be on Ziost.

- A lot more sidequests.

- Most, if not all, of the characters that were party members in KotOR and TSL will come back, and play at least some part in the main plot or a sidequest or two.

- Have the endgame be a huge battle between the forces of good (Republic (led by Carth, or some other admiral if Revan was dark side; Jedi, led by you you, Revan, and the Exile [they would be part of the battle no matter what their alignment, simply because they realize the True Sith must be stopped]; and Mandalorian, led by Canderous) united against the forces of evil (the True Sith).

> I want to see old friends and party members - Yes, not all of them, perhaps. And not everyone needs to be part of your group. Maybe, like on Final Fantasy XII, some old friends might join your group under the condition of "guest". That is, temporally, just during your stay on a planet or when you're doing a side-quest.

> The Hawk - Yes, SHE must be back! She and KotOR itself are linked. And, yeah, I want to have more options on it, like piloting it.

> Minigames - I'm not one that was particularly fond of Pazaak. So, I want some new minigames. And the Swoop racing must change. Perhaps the bike upgrades originally intended to be on the first KotOR.

> No clear sight of the True Sith - Are they really evil? They don't have too, like Silent Scope said. I want something that can really grasp you into the Dark Side without you even don't really noticing it.

> An ending battle - On many levels as the Endor Skirmish, crushing as Hoth Battle and significantly as Coruscant Siege.

I'd like to see a "bigger" game, not only length-wise, but in number of party members. I really liked the Tomb sequence in TSL when you got to command the vision-Republic Soldiers against the vision-Mandalorians; hopefully more of that is in store for K3, perhaps using unnamed Republic/Mandalorian/Droid/etc soldiers in somewhat-sizable numbers to fight a guerrilla campaign against the True Sith across Republic Space, perhaps also leading out into the unknown regions.

For some reason, I'd also like to have a Muun or Nemoidian as a party member, preferably as a Jedi (Although Darth Plagueis, Palpatine's Master, is now canonically a Muun).

I'd most definitely like to see what became of the old party members, even if they have to nail down canon paths in K1 and TSL to do it.

A larger ship would also be awesome, to carry more people(like a Hammerhead Cruiser), in addition to the Ebon Hawk, which would definitely need to be tricked out some more after TSL's ending.

I'd like to see a "bigger" game, not only length-wise, but in number of party members. I really liked the Tomb sequence in TSL when you got to command the vision-Republic Soldiers against the vision-Mandalorians; hopefully more of that is in store for K3, perhaps using unnamed Republic/Mandalorian/Droid/etc soldiers in somewhat-sizable numbers to fight a guerrilla campaign against the True Sith across Republic Space, perhaps also leading out into the unknown regions.

I use to say that Kotor 2 wasted a big opportunity on that matter. The Exile was a war veteran, and constantly was remembering the wars through conversations with NPCs and through his actions. Why not, during those times, make a playable flashback, the screen would go black and white and the player would be able to play as the Exile during the specified battle.

I use to say that Kotor 2 wasted a big opportunity on that matter. The Exile was a war veteran, and constantly was remembering the wars through conversations with NPCs and through his actions. Why not, during those times, make a playable flashback, the screen would go black and white and the player would be able to play as the Exile during the specified battle.

...But didn't we do that in the Tomb? Not only that, but we learnt what Exile did during his campagin: Was he a person who was willing to risk his life to save his troops, or will he let his troops charge to their deaths to save one Jedi (namely him)?

...But didn't we do that in the Tomb? Not only that, but we learnt what Exile did during his campagin: Was he a person who was willing to risk his life to save his troops, or will he let his troops charge to their deaths to save one Jedi (namely him)?

Only that time. But how many times during the saga does the Exile remember of the war? Many times. Couldn't each of them take the player into those flashbacks?

I'd like to see the PC do his/her Jedi Trials, maybe as the intro/Tutorial, starting the game as a young Knight with a lightsaber that you create while customizing your appearance.

I don't really want a 4 hour "Where am I, Who am I" start.

LucasArts ordered Obsidian not to have any flashback sequences or mysterious dreams. I suppose the tomb was cool enough for them to allow it in :).

I would like to see Bao-Dur in the game. There is actually a chance that he will be there. Kreia said she could not see his future. And obsidian has said that they are asking Lucasarts if they can make the third game. Maybe this whole "Kreia could not see into his future"-thing is because Obsidian didn't want to spoil anything for the third game.

I'd like to see the PC do his/her Jedi Trials, maybe as the intro/Tutorial, starting the game as a young Knight with a lightsaber that you create while customizing your appearance.

I don't really want a 4 hour "Where am I, Who am I" start.

Excellent Idea.

Why not, during those times, make a playable flashback, the screen would go black and white and the player would be able to play as the Exile during the specified battle.

one word: tedious. imagine. you are the exile, and you're going about during the game, devoloping the story and chars, and then you decide to have a little chat with Bao dur. you talk a bit about the wa-FLASHBACK!!! you are in a random battle and for 7 minutes you fight with next to no story development. than, you're back. wait, uh, what was i doing again? oh, yeah, talking to bao dur. wait, what were we talking about?

-The True Sith actually being good guys and end up being saved by the Third Character. It would be a great plot-twist and put kibbosh to the secret desire to genocide the True Sith.

wow, that would be a CRAZY plot twist!

-Revan and Exile not playing that major a role in K3.

yes, i agree.

i suppose i also want to see some of the older characters. there are characters like mission vao which we haven't seen for like over 5 years by the time of KOTOR 3. when/if they bring old chars back, i don't want them to be the exact same as before, develop them a bit! make something happen to them over those 5 years that they were gone!

People actually doing something, instead of standing there like idiots. Actually it's a common problem among this kinda games. It's so bad that even people sitting on chairs with pazaak cards at hand were enough to make me feel grateful.

And, for crying out loud, why standing? I don't stand. I tend to find some place to park it when I'm not busy. Are you standing at the moment? I doubt it.

> No clear sight of the True Sith - Are they really evil? They don't have too, like Silent Scope said. I want something that can really grasp you into the Dark Side without you even don't really noticing it.

I think the way to have that subtle a Dark Side is to basically have it be good. Two examples of Subtle Dark Side include Kreia and Revan. Revan fell to the Dark Side, Kreia merely flirts with it. And their teachings are Sith-like in nature. But people (and by people, I mean the OOC elements here) trust Revan and Kreia, thinking of them as good guys, and other people see Kreia and Revan as bastards who have to be killed in order to save the galaxy. If an ordinary LS person would say, "You know what? So-and-So's right, let go and join!" then that LS person subtly fell to the Dark Side.

That is subtle Dark Side. And to have that in, you need to have an enemy you can sympathize with, and in fact, would LOVE to follow, due to the "seemingly LS" goals it held. The True Sith would not be blantlay evil as Malak, instead, they would need to be like Kreia and Revan. In fact, even the Sith Academcy on K1 was semi-sympathiziable, if you were a Social Darwnisit. But, Kreia and Revan (mostly Revan) are very sympathizable in TSL. Copy that for the True Sith, and then abandon the "subtle Dark Side" motif forever. 3 times maximum before we get bored at the formuala and we'll need to find a new way to entertain.

Oops. I seem to have rushed a bit. Okay, here's what I want "plotwise": Yes, I'd like to see less scenarios where a dark-sided PC is acting like an imbecile and more where he uses his brains. Being a bully is tiresome at best. Most Sith lords have risen to throne through ploys and schemes, not by killing their way through.

I think the way to have that subtle a Dark Side is to basically have it be good. Two examples of Subtle Dark Side include Kreia and Revan. Revan fell to the Dark Side, Kreia merely flirts with it. And their teachings are Sith-like in nature. But people (and by people, I mean the OOC elements here) trust Revan and Kreia, thinking of them as good guys, and other people see Kreia and Revan as bastards who have to be killed in order to save the galaxy. If an ordinary LS person would say, "You know what? So-and-So's right, let go and join!" then that LS person subtly fell to the Dark Side.

I agree on the 'subtlety' factor, but I'd rather have True Sith of the kind you love to hate: evil to the core. Sith that don't philosophise or try to justify their actions and pretend that they are some kind of 'natural force' - like Uthar Wynn; instead the kind that wouldn't hesitate to commit the worst atrocities imaginable.

Something that will really get Revan's panties in a twist.

- First of all, NOT defining Revan's and the Exile's alignment or gender. Canonical all the way so we have a true solid story unlike wishy washy TSL. With that solid base you can then do whatever the hell you want, like in the previous games.

- RP is the best ever. Combat is regular, though the credit resides in perfectly copying what D&D combat would be like in the real world. But, do we need that? It's a game. Keep D20 for everything but combat of course, give me a feeling of true battle. Jade Empire style.

- Like some have said, Ziost would rock. Though I'm not sure if the Sith as species still existed.

- Coruscant!

- Coruscant Granite Slugs!

- In the happy light side canonical ending, Bastila reunites with Revan after he's back from the unknown regions and they marry.

I agree on the 'subtlety' factor, but I'd rather have True Sith of the kind you love to hate: evil to the core. Sith that don't philosophise or try to justify their actions and pretend that they are some kind of 'natural force' - like Uthar Wynn; instead the kind that wouldn't hesitate to commit the worst atrocities imaginable.

True, but the last time that happened, we got Malak, a Sith Lord who many people...uh...hate for being so lame. If they pull it off, prehaps, but I'll stick with the subtle approach, because if the True Sith are overtly evil, then you got a reason to genocide them...which seems very, very boring to me. Many people want K3 just so that they can see the True Sith get genocided and feel heroic, but I've seen enough moral ambguity in TSL to be disappointed if such a heroic feeling of good and evil being made so...clear.

Still, if they do go down the Evil route, a carbon copy of the Knights Templar leader, Saman, in Deus Ex 2 might suffice. *Spoiler for Deus Ex 2 follows*

At the surface a religious fanatic and demogague who calls for the destruction of all modified humans/cyborgs, and at the bottom, a cold Machvellian politican who, while condemning the Illumanti, ends up following their methods. Intelligent about historical events, and willing to do whatever it takes.

He blows up Chicago in an attempt to stop one factory, manage to inflirate and steal away most of the Order Church, and even recruited one cyborgs (and attempted to recruit another) in his plan for world domination/liberation from the Illumanti, showing that he really has no care about what his ideology really says, only that he wants everyone to believe it.

- First of all, NOT defining Revan's and the Exile's alignment or gender. Canonical all the way so we have a true solid story unlike wishy washy TSL. With that solid base you can then do whatever the hell you want, like in the previous games.

Oh, and I forgot.

--DEFINING Exile and Revan's alignment. Otherwise, it feels as though Exile and Revan is out of my control, and I have no reason to play. I played TSL because you get to define Revan's alignment. And Revan and Exile are my characters.

Besides, the Dark Side is supposed to be destructive, evil and seductive. Hard to believe if all Player Characters stay on the Light Side. If Exile and Revan is set to the DS, we would actually see the results of the Dark Side rampage.

I think having the True Sith turn out to be good guys is a great idea, SilentScope001, and I agree with everything you have said. However, in KOTOR 2, Kreia says, "You think that these machines bread for war are the Sith? No, the Sith are an idea," which suggests being of like-mind with the dark siders of old. And in the same sentence she adds, "And the true Sith Empire rules elsewhere," suggesting that the True Sith are of the same "idea" as the dark siders you've been fighting, despite being a completely different group. Thus, it's very unlikely that they would be on the good side.

Great idea, though, don't get me wrong; but unlikely given how Kreia characterizes them.

Archived