Home

KotOR III :: Cloud Cities

The Source

KotOR III :: Cloud Cities

Keeping in the tradition of my other post, I thought I would add another cool idea for KotOR III. I know the cloud city in "Empire Strikes Back" is not what it is during the old era; however, I thought it would be cool to visit a city in the clouds that is a throw back to the original idea. Mannan was a new planet concept, which I thought was a pretty neat idea. How about a city that looks similar to the cloud city in "Empire Strikes Back"?

Yes, Haruun Kal (Windu's homeplanet) meant "Above the Clouds" in Basic. Though like you said, Ctrl_Alt_Del, the people lived only in mountains which reached into the atmosfere, because everything under it was filled with toxic gases. Not the same as Cloud City, of course. Cloud City itself wouldn't work, because it wasn't even built in the Kotor Era, and I doubt there existed other "Cities in the Clouds".

Telos also was something different. I'm more for new planets, like Manaan and Telos, than planets from the movies, to be honest. We've already seen those. Exploring new planets is always fun. Or planets from novels and comics would also be cool. There are enough planets to be explored.

• 2 weeks later...
Telos also was something different. I'm more for new planets, like Manaan and Telos, than planets from the movies, to be honest. We've already seen those. Exploring new planets is always fun. Or planets from novels and comics would also be cool. There are enough planets to be explored.

I agree totally with that. I really want to Telos after the Republic and Ithorans succeed in recreating the planet's beauty. Seeing Manaan again would be nice; it was so peaceful there and it really set a nice calm mood in a very hectic situation. Seeing some more very little visited and explored planets would be nice also.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't think of another "cloud city" i've heard of in star wars lore. Mace Windu's world might be interesting, but I'd really like to see worlds at least mentioned in other games, or in the comics. Cinnagar in the Empress Teta system might have aspects of that, but they're not really a cloud city either, just it seemed that they weren't completely ground bound either.

I'd be interested in a water world like Manaan, but I wouldn't want to revisit it again ofr a new game set too soon after K1, unless you did something somewhere other than Ahto city. Perhaps it would be worthwhile if they looked at Mon Calimari or Lehon (again) instead.

I don't know what Lehon could contribute to Kotor3. Everything the Rakatan once were, is gone. The planet has nothing of interest anymore, I wouldn't go for that. Mon Calamari would be nice, as there are different sentient races on the planet, including the Mon Calamari themselves, the Quarren and few sentient fish races.

Cloud City, huh? Wouldn't be opposed to that at all.

As I recall, there was a mission in an early X-wing game (Rogue Squadron, I think, I can't remember right now) that had a city in the clouds, very similar to Bespin.

...of course, I didn't have time to meander around, you know, with the sky littered with tie fighters and interceptors and such.

When you think about it the KOTOR series is due for a "Clould City" kinda place. I mean we've had-

desert-tatooine

jungle-dxun, kashyyk

volcanic-korriban(although I didnt see one volcano)

grassland-dantooine

water-manaan ...etc.

It would be awesome if they could have both a city and a wilderness area on it...over all "Cloud City" is a good idea.

Mon Calamari idea is also great.

How about ord mantell? I liked rehawke's thing of it, but I want more of it.

It'd be interesting to see bespin so long before ESB.

True though, we need morer planets.......Like Arzid. THAT would kick ass. giant mushroom forests, tentacle vine bushes with a carniverous taste like a venus flytrap, HUMONGOUS spider like creatures. Rodentia scurrying about. Anthropods.

EXCELLENT.

Why not that orange planet that bane visited where githany poisoned him?

Why not that orange planet that bane visited where githany poisoned him?

You mean Ambria? It's not much more than a desert planet, but it was the homeworld of Jedi Master Thon, and the place where he took on Nomi Sunrider as his Padawan.

Arzid sounds cool, though. Makes me think of Felucia.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Ord Mandell would be great.

I was always hopin for Dathomir to be in there somwhere. Rancor riding force witches- now they would be some tough opponents...one of them could easily be a party member option if your pc is darkside...

Arzid...never heard of it but it sounds friggin awsome!

One should join your party regardless of LS and DS. There are LS witches as we know it.

And yes, having a Dominatrix style romance in the starwars universe would be lovely. I mean, I sorta got the sub girl in the form of Visas, its only fair...

Archived