Home

Who would win this battle? Revan or Darth Sidious(Emperor Palpatine)?

Who would win this fight?Revan Or Sidious?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win this fight?Revan Or Sidious?

And to claim the warriors of the past in real life are superior to the warriors of the future in real life as well is pure nonsense. I'd like to see a Spartan beat a Marine.

Give the Marines the same weapons and the same armor as the Spartans (which is almost none) and we'll see who wins. That's how it is in Star Wars universe.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good point.

A soldier with less training but more power can't beat a very well trained soldier if the lesser trained soldier doesn't have all those fancy weapons to help him. ex- a Spartan without it's special weapons can't beat a well trained Marine.

Well, Marines and Spartans have quite different ways of training adopted to the different style of warfare they exile in. Spartans are not taught to use firearms and drive combat vehicles for that reason. But 200 Spartans with modern equipment against the Pussian army would be slightly unfair.

But to be fair though, Marines probably spend much less time training compared to a Spartan... cause all them spartans do are train, yell "Spartaaaaa" and dine in Hell's Kitchen. On the other hand, mordern training methods are much more effective.

Cosidering how Palpatine actually has several feats of strength whereas Revan has no feats whatsoever I'd say Palpy wins a feat contest.

And to claim the warriors of the past in real life are superior to the warriors of the future in real life as well is pure nonsense. I'd like to see a Spartan beat a Marine.

In any case seeing as how the Ancient Sith were pretty much exterminated I have doubts about their superiority. After all if they were so superior to the the future Sith then why were they exterminated?

What I said is pure nonsense, huh? Well in that case, so is comparing Star Wars to real life.

This is a repost from a post I made on another forum regarding Ragnos:

1. Jeh Dai Masters felt tremors in the Force in his presence

2. He didn't die in combat, like most people. He died a natural death.

3. He ruled as the Dark Lord by defeating Simus, then he continued to rule until death. He was a half blood, so every single Sith that he ruled hated him. In Sith tradition, whoever kills the one in charge gets their place. If every one of the Sith hated him, why didn't any of them kill him and become the leader of the Sith? The simple fact that he either cut down anyone who challenged him, or they felt his power and **** their pants from just being in his presence.

4. When he bestowed the title of Dark Lord and Apprentice to Exar Kun and Ulic, that was the title that Ulic had worked for. Then some ghost hands the title to a stranger. If Ragnos didn't have titanic power, Ulic would've said "d00d, wtf gives? i r 1337, make me dark lawd!!!11!!!" but he didn't even so much as question Ragnos. He just let his title be handed to Kun out of fear and/or honor.

Why do you think that? The resurrected Marka Ragnos was beaten by ONE rather green Jedi Knight...

If you're referring to Jedi Knight III, think about what you're saying. You're fighting Ragnos' spirit controlling some Dark Jedi who's a wannabe Sith. You know how much that would dampen his power? It's like taking Jimi Hendrix, cutting off his limbs, and telling him to play a flawless solo. I'm not even sure if Jedi Academy is canon (probably is, but I'm not sure what gives me that idea).

Revan, no question. For one, he's a powerhouse compared to Palpatine. For another Force Lightning isn't the only trick he has. Sidious has one lightsaber, Revan uses (or can use) two. Plus Sith were as common as dirt back in Revan's time, how many did he crush? And if any allies are to be in the fray Revan has Mission, Zaalbaar, Juhani, which wouldn't sit well with Palpatine, doesn't it say somewhere he's a racist? Now knowing Revan, if Revan was female you would also need to take into account just where she might choose to stick that lightsaber.

Being able to over power the rest of the Sith Order consisting of other powerful Sith Lords? And Palpatine couldn't control the full force of his storms. I'm not saying he's weak, especially not DE, but Ragnos was stronger.

Revan, no question. For one, he's a powerhouse compared to Palpatine. For another Force Lightning isn't the only trick he has. Sidious has one lightsaber, Revan uses (or can use) two. Plus Sith were as common as dirt back in Revan's time, how many did he crush? And if any allies are to be in the fray Revan has Mission, Zaalbaar, Juhani, which wouldn't sit well with Palpatine, doesn't it say somewhere he's a racist? Now knowing Revan, if Revan was female you would also need to take into account just where she might choose to stick that lightsaber.

Depends. If it's DE Sidious we're talking about, he could most likely beat Revan. Two lightsabers doesn't mean anything, are you forgetting Anakin vs Dooku? Dooku manhandled him when he had two sabers. Anakin defeated Asajj Ventress when she had two sabers, as did Obi-Wan. Komari Vosa was killed by Jango Fett, she had two sabers and he had none. I've always seen two sabers to be a sign of arrogance, and as Dooku said in one of the Clone Wars novels, it's foolish to wield two when only one is needed.

He said Revan vs Palpatine, not Revan and friends. And Sidious would annihilate them in a few seconds even if they were included. The Revan female thing is irrelevant since Revan's canonically a male. I don't agree with Sidious being the strongest, but if it's DE he's most likely stronger than Revan.

Wait, first you said that he's not that strong, then bring up all these reasons to why he would beat Revan. Which is it?

I'm not saying he's not that strong. He is, he just isn't the strongest.

We don't have much to define exactly how powerful Revan was, but he didn't do many impressive feats. The only reason this fight is even reasonable is that he was described as "power" and "looking into the heart of the Force" and all that jazz. But like I said on another thread, the same thing could be said about Anakin. He wasn't as strong as Palpatine in RotS, and my guess is Revan isn't either.

We know nothing of the Sith of Ragnos' reign.

For instance, Simus kept himself alive as a head.

Palpatine kept himself alive as nothing more than a spirit and moved it across space.

Ragnos' underlings, Sadow and Kreesh, fought. And the fight consisted of Sadow throwing a brick at his foe.

Again, not impressive.

For all we know, KOTOR Sith were stronger than Ragnos'. In Kotor,we have Nihilus who can kill planets easily.

In Palpatine's time, Dooku is said to be one of the most powerful Jedi and Sith of all time, capable of bringing people like Ventress to their knees with a finger and owning Obi-Wan with a flick of the wirst. And he was effin' terrified and knew he was no match for Palpatine.

There's nothing we've seen of any Ancient Sith that suggests they were more powerful than Palpatine.

And Palpatine can't control the technique perfectly..so what? It can still annihilate starfleets and be used over lightyears. It rips apart space-time. Existence itself.

As one of my Character's say sin a story i am writing: "Palpatine was a fool."

Um.... revan owns darth sidious totally. allt he votes shoudl be for revan, not just 3/4's of em.

Sidious was a power hungry, arrogant, overconfident fool- heck- without his secret, hidden kaiburr crystal necklace, he wouldn't have even been able to weild force lightning agaisnt an opponent.

Revan owns all. Did you see whow Revan useed the Vaapad high-point stab position for defense agaisnt three jedi on the leviation form K1? that is a very hard stance to break, even with any move you use. Sidious used Vaapad also, but Mace windo used Vaapad even better than sidious- i personnally think Revan was the master of the lightsaber form of Vaapad, and was quite good with Makashi too as i studied how he held his stance in the visions he has in K1. Use those tow forms together and you've got yourself one tough opponent- evne if you have really strong force powers.

That's a very good point, Palpatine's arrogance. Best example would be the Death Star, I'm not sure if you can blame him or Tarkin but the destruction of Aldaraan turned the galaxy against the Empire like nothing else. Ditto for the second Death Star, not having the fleet attack, not concerned over the strike force on Endor, or that Vader would act when he saw his son being tortured to death.

Yeah. If i was a sith lord, i'd always have all the filsafes in place, backup plans and such. but when a plan fials, i'd always have a nifty trap door under my throne to escape.

Bu tthne, you've got the stormtrooper effect... that wssas one thing going against palpy boy that sure caused problems for him.

Personnally- the death star was a really stupid idea in the first place. it was limited, whereas a ship i have in my story- Domination, is a 720 KM long SSD armed with so many weapons, the Death star's superlasrer is only an average weapon among it's array of much more powerful weapons. add to that a tactical genious more cunning than thrawn himself, and the death star wouldn't even be thought of as very dangerous anymore compared to it. Now

Palpatine assumed power through mind control of the senate- causing such aggression on alderaan was a tactical mistake.

For example:

The weak, such as civilians, may gain fear from seeing suhc a weapon, but the strong, the soldiers of a civilization- seeing something so powerful aimed agaisnt them inspires fury, and rage. a large enough military force enraged enough can defeat a potentially stronger force. THat was Tarkin's tactical mistake with the death star.

funnywookiekingre1.jpg:lightningPalpatine Fanboys of the Forum unite!!!

Mace Windu beat Palpatine in a lightsaber duel...

Thank you ladies and gentle men, and good night!

My friend, It dosen't matter how strong Palpatine is with force powers, hes not the best lightsaber duelist, not even close. Mace beat him in a duel. And next thing I know, your going to tell me Revan's not better with a lightsaber than Mace is? Continue reading before you do, please ;)

Dark Empire (C-Canon)

Lol DE. DE is a joke dude. Its mere existance completley contradicts Anakin's Prophecy, but for the hell of it i'll play by you rules on this one...

Now then your C-Canon DE vs my provided G-Canon (Straight from GL's MOUTH.) proof that Mace beat Palpatine. G wins. Revan > Mace > Palpatine. Thus Palpatine isn't "The Most Powerful Blah blah..." He IS POWERFUL, just not #1.

O, and btw, it dosen't matter if George comes out tomarrow and says: "Well, actually Porkins was mean't to be the Chosen One. When he crashed into the Death Star, he survived using a Force Shield, and then Blew up the Death Star with his mind. He then used the Force to control Darth Vader, and had him throw Palpatine down the power shaft."

The fact remains that its G-Canon. You DON'T and CAN'T argue with it.

End of discussion.

Uh-huh.

And you have proof for ANY of this?

Lol, yes, yes I do.

danwallace3kryj9.jpg

There you have it friend. You called me on it, and I showed you my hand.

O, wait, "but that could be a fake e-mail."

http://danwall88.googlepages.com/

Or not...The NEC line is his opinon guys, nothing more, nothing less.

But for the heck of it, lets say i'm wrong. Its still only C-Canon. G still wins.

And now for the ancient Jedi/Sith argument...O fun.

1. "We are like children playing with toys compared to the old Sith masters." - Kreia....4000 years before the movie Era... ;) (C-Canon)

2. Indisputable. The Jedi and Sith of the KoTOR and pre-KoTOR era experienced MUCH, MUCH more combat against other force userers (lightsabers included) than the Jedi of the Movie era. Its a fact. Get over it. (S-Canon)

3. Ki Adi Mundi: "That's impossible. The Sith have been extinct for a millennium."(G-Canon) Thus the Jedi have been focusing training against BLASTERS for the last 1000 years! Not training against LIGHTSABERS, or even other Force-users.

1 + 2 + 3 = The Jedi of the Movie Era SUCKED compared to the KOTOR Era Jedi...MACE DEFEATED PALPATINE...I can't make it any clearer people.

Ancient is better. This is just how the universe of Starwars works. Learn it, love it, live by it.

This thread's pretty much settled.

1. "We are like children playing with toys compared to the old Sith masters." - Kreia....4000 years before the movie Era... (C-Canon)

She was talking about lightsaber combat genius.

The old hag was obviously senile as the "old masters" or Ancietn Sith DIDN'T USE lightsabers.

2. Indisputable. The Jedi and Sith of the KoTOR and pre-KoTOR era experienced MUCH, MUCH more combat against other force userers (lightsabers included) than the Jedi of the Movie era. Its a fact. Get over it. (S-Canon)

PT was the strongest era accordign to Lucas. I'll get the interview.

3. Ki Adi Mundi: "That's impossible. The Sith have been extinct for a millennium."(G-Canon) Thus the Jedi have been focusing training against BLASTERS for the last 1000 years! Not training against LIGHTSABERS, or even other Force-users.

Tell that to Dooku, declared one of the strongest Jedi in history. Who himself was easily defeated by Yoda on a planet filled with the dark side in the novel DarK Rendezvous and who had to flee.

Also, might I add, your logic sucks. Mace and Sora Bulq invented a completely new lightsaber form in this era of focussing on blasters.... in fact, it's stated to be the deadliest of all lightsaber forms.

1 + 2 + 3 = The Jedi of the Movie Era SUCKED compared to the KOTOR Era Jedi..

I don't remember seeing any of the KOTOR Era doing anythign except dying. There was less than a 100 left in The Sith Lords.

Plus, every time a "Jedi Master" is seen or talked about, he's dying.

Not exactly impressive.

.MACE DEFEATED PALPATINE...I can't make it any clearer people.

Just like he's pwn Revan, yes.

You also forgot Mace both has the benefit of Shatterpoint and Vaapad, a specifically deadly form to anyonw who uses the dark side.

G still wins.

Glad we agree.

My friend, It dosen't matter how strong Palpatine is with force powers, hes not the best lightsaber duelist, not even close

After he hadn't practiced with the saber for years. He had it stored in a statue when he became Chancellor, I believe.

And next thing I know, your going to tell me Revan's not better with a lightsaber than Mace is? Continue reading before you do, please

Yes, Mace is by far a better duelist.

Now then your C-Canon DE vs my provided G-Canon (Straight from GL's MOUTH.) proof that Mace beat Palpatine. G wins. Revan > Mace > Palpatine. Thus Palpatine isn't "The Most Powerful Blah blah..." He IS POWERFUL, just not #1.

That's really a total raping of logic.

So, to you, Dark Empire = Revenge of the Sith?

And maybe AOTC Anakin = ROTS Anakin?

Or maybe Darth Revan = KOTOR Revan?

None of that is true as the second incarnations of all are visibly shown or stated to be stronger.

Mace beat ROTS Palpatine. NOT DE Palpatine.

O, and btw, it dosen't matter if George comes out tomarrow and says: "Well, actually Porkins was mean't to be the Chosen One. When he crashed into the Death Star, he survived using a Force Shield, and then Blew up the Death Star with his mind. He then used the Force to control Darth Vader, and had him throw Palpatine down the power shaft."

The fact remains that its G-Canon. You DON'T and CAN'T argue with it.

End of discussion.

Glad we agreeo.

PT Jedi > KOTOR Jedi according to Lucas.

Mod note:

Seems like this thread is heading in the wrong direction as it is. Could everyone please mind your tone and check your your posts one extra time before you hit the post button to ensure you don't come off as more acidic than intended. (And if you do intend to come off as acidic, press ALT-F4 instead of Post and cool down a bit.)

This is a thread discussing subjective opinions, just because someone doesn't see things the way you do you shouldn't insult them. This is a discussion forum, not a belligerence forum.

So, less of this please: :swear:

Sure ok, I apologise for loosing my cool but um the evidence i posted on sidious case was deleted as well.

The stuff i posted about sidious clearly puts him above revan but may i request that i have it back? I will erase the swearing stuff

I think it's time to trot this post back out....

------------------------------------------------------

Statement on the new 6 degrees of Star Wars Canon

We, at WookieWikiWarrickWicketpedia, wish to clear up the confusion of ‘Canon’ in Star Wars by instituting a new classification system on how to rank the different Star Wars and Star Wars EU materials. This will replace the Canon-a, b, c and g system (along with other letters and symbols), which was becoming just too confusing, resulting in many emails from forum administrators and moderators who were ‘having to deal with too damn many threads on arguments over Canon’.

1st degree Canon shall be The Movies. Radio adaptations, so long as they include voices from the Original Actors (and Actresses) shall also be 1st degree Canon. The Screenplays are also 1st degree Canon, but only if George Lucas put a ‘GL’ on every page. The official soundtracks are 1st degree Canon, because John Williams has included the use of both the bassoon and the triangle in his music, and quite possibly the krummhorn. Anything spoken by George Lucas is first degree Canon, including those more mundane statements like ‘I want to order a pizza’ and ‘I have to find the nearest restroom.’

2nd degree Canon shall include those radio adaptations that deviate from the script slightly but still maintain the ‘True Spirit’ of the movies. Those radio adaptations that include the voices of Harrison Ford or Liam Neeson shall automatically be changed to 1st degree Canon, because their voices are really sexy. Those adaptations that include excess amounts of Jar-Jar Binks or Ewok cuteness shall automatically be reduced to 6th degree Canon or less.

3rd degree Canon shall include any books that George Lucas decides shall be 3rd degree, which is pretty much everything else not in the 1st and 2nd degrees. It’s his world—if he wants to say a book is 1st degree or 6th degree, we shall bow to his greater wisdom. The exception are the Vong books, which shall be reduced to 6th degree or the 9th circle of Dante’s Inferno, whichever comes last. All Star Wars games are 3rd degree Canon. The Knights of the Old Republic games, because they are Really Righteous, are 2nd degree Canon. We hereby declare all permutations of Revan and Exile to be Canon, because trying to pick just one is really p!$$ing off the fans. The Star Wars Lego games would be 4th degree Canon because of the ‘cutesy factor’, except for the fact that my son really likes the games, so they stay at 3rd degree.

4th degree Canon includes any comic books. Graphic novels remain at 3rd degree because ‘graphic novel’ sounds more cool than ‘comic book.’ The exception is the Knights of the Old Republic comic book series, which is destined to become a Graphic Novel when bound together, and because they’ve drawn Zayne Carrick really cute. It’s at least 3rd degree, and we might even make that series 2nd degree if sales continue to be good.

5th degree Canon includes all fan-fiction, unless they are “Really Good,” which, by our definition, is anything with over 1,000 views on LucasForums or over 15 thumbs-ups on kotorfanmedia. If they’re “Really Good”, then they can, at the option of the administrators, moderators, machievelli, or the author, move to 4th degree. The exception is if the spam-per-view ratio approaches 1:82, in which case the fanfic shall be declared ‘spammy’ and the fic drops to 6th degree. Action figures are 5th degree Canon, unless they involve Yoda, Han Solo, or Luke Skywalker. These are 1st degree Canon because I like them and because Frank Oz rules.

6th degree Canon includes any speculative posts on any forums. It also includes any non-speculative posts, comments, jokes, pictures, and other written, visual, or aural media. Anything else not already specified shall be 6th degree Canon, unless the author finds something she really likes, in which case the Degree of Canon may be altered accordingly. Forum posts that are written by administrators or moderators shall be whatever Degree of Canon they desire, because the author feels the need to suck up, unless George Lucas declares otherwise, because his 1st degree is more equal than everyone else’s 1st degree.

We hope this clears up any confusion about Canon. If you have any further questions, please send an email to our help center at ‘we won’t answer it anyway.idiocy'. We will do our best to make sure that the answer to your questions are answered with as much obfuscation as possible, preferably by someone who does not even speak your language.

Thank you for your kind attention to this matter.

Archived