Home

Kotor Movie?

Revanation121

That's why I think a TV-series based on the game isn't a good idea, IMO. The various choices the player has can't all be included in a TV-series, and creating a LS & DS series is not worth it, I think. A TV-series in the Kotor Era is something that could work. There are enough facts of the Mandalorian Wars that can be used in a TV-Series. The Kotor comics would surely help there.

Nope,no kotor movie.The story from the game is way to long for 2 hours.Plus,immagine how cinical people would be,remember how people felt about the prequels,all the ranting(mostly from people who are casual star wars viewers).I think the kotor movie would be strictly fan-oriented)

I've wanted a KOTOR-era TV series for a long time. But it'd be hard to fit it in. If it takes place before the games, it might come into conflict with the comic series. It could take place after, but then it wouldn't be much different than post-Revenge of the Sith series that will be airing next year: a great Jedi purge, the remaining Jedi being hunted down, etc. On the other hand, it could be used as a supplement for KOTOR 3 in case they decide not to make it.

I definitely do not want it to be a retelling of the events of the games themselves. Those stories have already been told in the games, and being depicted any other way just wouldn't sit well with me. I had the same thing against the Dark Forces novellas.

KOTOR wouldn't do that well, due to the fact that most Star Wars fans are glued to the New Republic and the Empire comics, books etc. (And Besides, I think it'd be too hard to choose an answer to a question for the script out of 50 different possible answers)

Well, whatever they did, it would have to be done well, b/c there are a legion of critics probably skulking about ready to tear any effort apart for failing to live up to their gaming experience/preconceived notions about how a KOTOR movie should play out. Much like purists who hate movies for not being true enough to their own vision of the original source material.

Yeah, I agree too, Perlman's the obvious call for Canderous. Still, ain't holding my breath on this one.

Archived