Home

The Need for Creed

Cygnus Q'ol

I have been abducted.

I have been abducted by scientists who have tapped into my genetic memory and are playing with history...

I am unable to break free.

I am unable to escape my destiny.

I am an assassin.

This game visually blows anything to date out of the water.

(...except maybe Mass Effect, but they are very different)

This is a very innovative and interesting game from the very onset.

I don't want to keep posting spoiler tags, so I'll give nothing away.

Has anyone not immersed themselves in this brilliant concoction of story and interaction?

The attention to detail as far as the character's interaction with his world and the consequences of almost every action is unparalleled.

Combat at times seems to have the teeniest of a lag, but I frequently forget that the character isn't built for long, drawn out battles with a dozen soldiers no matter how good you've become. It's out of character. Stealth, patience, cunning and pre-planning are all skills that will help you succeed most efficiently.

...Oh, but I do love the combat. especially once you move along in development and acquire other combat skills and training.

I must go now. There is a tyrant in Jerusalem that needs to meet his maker.

I was thinking of not getting this game, thinking it was overhyped until one negative review compared Asssain's Creed to Spiderman 2.

I love Spiderman 2, and a clone of that game but in a different setting is something I would go for.

However, one thing, how historically accurate IS the game? For one thing, the Society of Assisans is a Shia Muslim sect that attempted (and usually succeded) assasination attempts on on both Crusaders and Sunni Muslims, such as Salah-ud-Din (better known as Saladin). Are you hunting down just Crusaders or also your Sunni brethen? What about the Society's alleged drug use (that how they got their name, from the drug of hash-hash...marajuna). Also, do they call themselves by their true name: al-da'wa al-jadīda (the new doctrine) and their members as Fedayeen?

The thing I'm worried about is if the game whitewash all this interesting aspect of the Society of Assasins and just protray a simple "You are a man sent to kill evil tryants"...Pfft.

You confirmed my suspision, Cygnus. Most of the magazines and game-sites gave it 7/10 and such.

But we Kotor players are used to gameplay serving story instead of the other way around. Who cares about the 'repitative' gameplay if the story's great?

Will definately give it a go when (not IF) it's out for PC :D

Has anyone not immersed themselves in this brilliant concoction of story and interaction?
Have not checked it out yet, but I’ve been eyeing it. So I guess I will have to give it a try since I trust your taste in games (you were sober when you wrote this, I’ll assume so). I pretty much play a game I enjoy till I wear myself out on it, damn I still long for my days exploring Cyrodiil. So if I can tear myself away from my Specter duty I will give it a try.

How historically accurate IS the game? For one thing...

The thing I'm worried about is if the game whitewash all this interesting aspect of the Society of Assasins.

Historical accuracy will have to take a backseat. No history lesson here.

This body of work is fiction and the disclaimer in the beginning of the game explains that the viewpoints here are a mixture of religious and historical accounts or something rather...

I've never been to Damascus, but I'm quite sure it's not the actual street map of that city, even if it was hundreds of years ago.

But, it sure feels like it.

The architecture, weapons, clothing and a multitude of various, visual details places you in another time and place. (Unless you're from what's considered the Middle East)

The story is not as enveloping as you might imagine. KotOR, Jade Empire and MassEffect have more defining storylines (so far). However, It is deep enough, along with the stunning visuals (especially during movement) and progressive combat, to hold your attention for days.

JoeDoe 2.0 has a valid point as the format for finding your targets does at times seem repetitive. However, each city is different and the opposition's resistance and responses increase in difficulty as you progress through the game keeping you on top of your game and not allowing you to get lazy or complacent with combat techniques.

Yo, mimartin, I miss my house in Cheydinnal as well, but Saren had to be dealt with.

I will eventually return to my colorful fields and run naked with the deer again, but I must handle these tasks that have been set before me.

(...or my ancestors as it were.)

A game of this magnitude must be released for PC players. I'd be a shame for any gamers to miss out.

I tried my friend's copy, and it's amazing. At one point, he killed one of those annoying rooftop guards, who promptly fell off the edge and the crowd below started screaming...

Unfortunately, I was pretty bad at the climbing part:P I kept falling off and the commoners would scratch their heads while saying "What's he doing up there?", "Has he lost his mind?". Meh!

At one point, he killed one of those annoying rooftop guards, who promptly fell off the edge and the crowd below started screaming...

...one of my favorite methods of distraction.

I think the climbing aspect is seriously cool. Once I learned not to try to go too fast, I had much more success. This is significant because it's a lot harder to climb when being chased.

If you do happen to get started climbing during a fight, move laterally as well as vertically or you just may get a stone sized lump in the back of your head.

Again, pre-planning and recon are paramount. Have escape routes ready.

If you're the right type of person, you can get help from others during escapes. I still find it best to work the rooftops as much as possible.

Don't sweat it Commander, Chrismas is almost here. :)

Historical accuracy will have to take a backseat. No history lesson here.

This body of work is fiction and the disclaimer in the beginning of the game explains that the viewpoints here are a mixture of religious and historical accounts or something rather...

It's something accurate, however. Of course, that machine on the future is fiction, but stuff such as the organizations, battles, and specially the unlucky people you kill happened during it's time. All the important crusaders you take down are said to have died on those places and on that time.

I've never been to Damascus' date=' but I'm quite sure it's not the actual street map of that city, even if it was hundreds of years ago.[/quote']

It is. All the cities: Damascus, Jerusalem, all the three cities are perfect replicas of their old selves.

All the important crusaders you take down are said to have died on those places and on that time.

...all the three cities are perfect replicas of their old selves.

That's incredible.

I was knee deep in MassEffect when I received this as a gift.

I've read nearly nothing about this game and successfully evaded all pre-hype and articles.

I should have paid more attention in history class.

Archived