Home

Where is Star Wars Headed?

*Don*

• 2 weeks later...

Tbh, I think SW has been losing its magic since they released the Phantom Menace.

If they made TPM, AOTC and ROTS before the original trilogy, SW would never be as big as it is because LA tried to make it all special efects and computer animation.

So it's gonna slowly fade and die. Unfortunate, but true.

"I think SW has been losing its magic since they released the Phantom Menace."

Actually it was quite the opposite. Before TPM, it was like "Star Wars was a cool movie". After TPM, Star Wars became more of a lifestyle. You can't go an entire month without hearing someone talk about Star Wars.

The fact that Force Unleashed got delayed YET again, is making things horrible. The release date on this game changed every 3 months or so. Maybe it's just a crappy game. As a devoted fan, I will be the first to admit that not ALL of the Star Wars games I have played over the years are always good...

The Force Unleashed only got delayed twice. November 2007 to Spring 2008 and Spring 2008 to Summer 2008. LucasArts never gave the exact date. Retailers are just pulling your leg to get more preorders.

Let's see:

Gamestop says 09/09/08

Amazon says 7/26/08

Buy.com says 7/30/08

Walmart says 9/26/08

Target says 7/3/08

Just B.S. my friend. Summer 08, as said by LucasArts.

The fact that Force Unleashed got delayed YET again, is making things horrible. The release date on this game changed every 3 months or so. Maybe it's just a crappy game. As a devoted fan, I will be the first to admit that not ALL of the Star Wars games I have played over the years are always good...

*cough lego star wars *cough*

*cough lego star wars *cough*

Lego Star Wars is actually a good game. Every incarnation I have played. Problem with Force Unleashed is that it is riding on a gimmick, and serving as the platform for LucasArts to release the infamous Euphoria engine covered so well in recent magazines. If this game does not pan out, neither will the engine, and everything will crumble to dust. I understand delays, but it pisses me off because I don't get to give MY boss delays on anything.

IMO it peaked in the '90s. The prequels are not appreciated by most I know so I doubt they enhanced SW's status for anyone other than kids of the time.

Uhg... those prequels... I don't even want to read prequel-based novels, and the NJO books weren't all that to say the least.

After a visit to the local Barnes & Noble yesterday, I'd say SW is at an all-time low right now and unless something like a really well-done TV show arrives, SW is going to slip away. By that I mean that you won't really get new fans. Old fans will always be around. SW has been a part of my life forever and I can't exactly just forget about it or would even want to.

Archived