Home

The XWA One Year Thread III: Revenge of the Sh*t

Ikhnaton

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday: A whole lotta nuthin'. Caught up on sleep. Watched some DVDs. Read.

Felt damn good too! :D

Today: 5 and a half hour walk. Left my house just before 2:30... just walked in. Gaaah! Damn! Do my legs and feet hurt!!!

But it was such a nice day I just kept pushing myself to go "just a little bit further..."

If the sun hadn't started to set, I'd probably still be out there now.

Time to eat, and then stretch out on the bed with a book and let the muscles unwind.

Yes indeedy.

I have a ****load of laundry and other projects to do... but since the weather is so great today, I'm putting those behind me while I can still get a bit more exercise while I can.

Rain for the next several days. Do the crappy stuff then.

Did manage to unload some unused dining-room furniture as well as an ancient desk that was just sitting in a corner and taking up room on a relative this morning.

That feels like a bit of an accomplishment...

Took my mom to a sunday brunch today for mothers day. We called yesturday and they answering machine said that reservations were not needed for groups smaller then 6, and that brunch would only cost $15.

We get there and there is a sign on the door that they were only accepting those that made reservations, and it was $18. It seems that for easter and mothers day things change, the lady at the check in said "But all of our regulars know this" which we immediately replied "So you don't care about getting new customers, or returning customers?" Fortunately they had a cancellation and were able to get us a table.

I'd probably prefer to run, since you can get the same amount of workout in far less time, and it's better for cardio... but I know for a fact that my joints just wouldn't have it. My knees would just buckle and fold up after a block... if I could make it even that far without collapsing, gasping for breath. :dozey:

But I walk pretty briskly when I want to: I can cover between 3 and 4 miles in an hour... usually closer to 4.

I guesstimate that I covered from 15 to 20 miles yesterday. Did another 5 or 6 today before my feet started to bother me too much. Plus, the wind was a little biting.

Got home, put a load of laundry in, and moved some stuff around in the cellar. Got all my amps and guitar pedals out of there. Tomorrow will have to be the computer equipment and AV stuff.

It's nice I have an empty dining-room floor to store that stuff in until the work is done.

The mold and the dust down there got to me. I'm dying at the moment... ack!

Yeah... I think I'll just stick to walking... and running up every flight of stairs I come across.

It's doing the trick for me at the moment.

Last evening I completed a couple of missions on XBox games I had been stuck on for a long time. (Mass Effect and Ace Combat.)

Read quite a bit after that before falling asleep.

Relaxation is nice. It's something I really should try to work into my life more...

Running on pavement or cement is murder on your ankle and knee's, unless you are willing to pay $100 every month for decent shoes. That is why I prefer biking for cardio.

I have nice running shoes, but I don't think they need to be replaced every month. I bought this pair at Christmas and they are still in great shape.

I have nice running shoes, but I don't think they need to be replaced every month. I bought this pair at Christmas and they are still in great shape.

walking is better for you..........and if you walk fast enough to raise the heart rate can give you a superior cardiovascular workout with much less joint stress

Took my mom to a sunday brunch today for mothers day. We called yesturday and they answering machine said that reservations were not needed for groups smaller then 6, and that brunch would only cost $15.

We get there and there is a sign on the door that they were only accepting those that made reservations, and it was $18. It seems that for easter and mothers day things change, the lady at the check in said "But all of our regulars know this" which we immediately replied "So you don't care about getting new customers, or returning customers?" Fortunately they had a cancellation and were able to get us a table.

sounds like a lovely place!

I did the dishes after dinner for my mom, as I was supposed to be out of town most of the day with my soccer team for a game, but we had 40+ mph winds and rain.....

I will vouch for that.

When I was younger, I used to hike all over the hills surrounding Plymouth Ma.

We would spend all day every day trekking those trails all summer long, often from before sunup until well after sunset.

But as soon as I tried to run for any reason, I would look as if I was in absolutely terrible shape.

It's different.

But that said: I'm sticking to walking. Maybe someday I'll try running again... but I have serious doubts.

oh btw, I finallly scrounged enough pennies and bought season 1+2 of Babylon 5. It is my absolute FAVORITE TV series ever. Some great lines, story, foreshadowing, characters and special effects. I am greatly enjoying revisiting the series and all of my old friends

I liked what I saw of that show... but I never got that deep into it.

I have a low tolerance for TV shows that don't wrap up the story arc in an episode or 2. (I had the same issue with Deep Space 9, and now the new Battlestar Galactica... not to even mention Lost and all it's clone-like copy-cat offspring...)

Probably because I can't keep my nighttime schedule regular enough to keep up with something like that.

Now that all these shows are available on DVD, I could catch up with them all... but investing that much time to DVD watching is something I truly find difficult to justify to myself.

Work was a snoozer today. That's good,.. cuz' I need to bust some ass in the cellar tonight after dinner.

I used to watch Babylon 5 when I was younger. Kinda jumped into the middle of the thing, and since I was so young, I couldn't follow alot of what was goin' on. All I knew is that there were spaceships, and things blew up.

Now that I'm older, and work at a retailer where I get a massive discount on those things, I should go pick it up an' try to understand it all.

Or read the Wiki.

Whichever comes first, really. :D

I'm considering getting back into reading star wars books.

i got talked into working 5pm-2am for a few nights to help set up some tvs next week. we'll see how it goes...

got my DC-15 Rifle in swg. it is awesome. and i had it named "Obvious Doom" mwahhaa

I loved Deep Space Nine. Probably my favorite show ever.

Been playing some Jedi Academy recently. Not a bad game, but it should have been an expansion to Jedi Outcast - it's essentially the same game except you can use two lightsabers at once or a double-bladed lightsaber, which is cool, but not exactly worth full price.

****!!!!

Someone tried to hack my Comcast account today. Fortunately, I think we caught it before any real damage was done... but I've been online sorting that out and changing usernames, passwords, and PIN numbers at every website I've ever visited ever since I've been home.

GODDAMN HACKER *******S!!!

Now I'm going to have at least 50 new pieces of information to try to remember all at once... just because "Seedmaster69" thought it would be cool to try to infiltrate my online account.

Ah ****... Why do people have to suck so very, very much, I ask you? Why?

DS9 was good, almost as good as the OT. Only problem is they tried a lame attempt at what Babylon 5 was doing and often fell short.

Londo: I will answer your questions as soon as the room stops spinning

Sinclair: This station generates gravity by using centrifugal force, so it never stops spinning

Londo: then you see my problem

Archived