Home

The XWA One Year Thread III: Revenge of the Sh*t

Ikhnaton

i was on Call of Duty most of the time, by the time i sent you the message asking if i could join, you were in the lobby. o well. next time, definitely invite me. I've been playing Call of Duty since since 7:30pm. i can't get enough of it, and just started playing in Hardcore Team Death Match mode.....it's so awesome. Going to be playing it all day tomorrow as well. :)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tried that once. Didn't work. You unconsciously do it anyway. Human nature.

At least it was for me...

Well... the new year is starting to turn on me already: the steam valve on the radiator in my room must have failed overnight, making a racket whenever the heat comes on... which it did at 3:30 am this morning.

Woke me up out a sound dead sleep. Yippee.

Couldn't have done that, say, yesterday (or any morning in the last 10 days, for that matter :rolleyes: ) when it didn't matter if I was up early, because I had nowhere to go, and could have taken a nap in the afternoon if I so wished.

Oh well... I'll just report to work a bit earlier today than I had even planned... that way I'll get home that much earlier.

EDIT:

Yeah... the new year is biting me in the ass.

After I wrote that last bit, my comp starting crashing like crazy. Grooveshellextensions.dll (something to do with MS Office...) is causing errors in every program I tried to run. (A Microsoft program causing issues? God Forbid! :dozey: )

I rebooted 5 or 6 times before I managed to get the system stable.

I have no idea what caused it... or how to fix it. It seems to be running OK at the moment... but I've no guarantee it's going to stay that way.

C'mon Microsoft... you are going to have to do better than this. I'm on the verge of jumping over to Apple as it is. Don't force my hand! (And here I was just singing the praises of the XBox, too...)

*Sigh*

year should be a big change for me

wedding on nov 28th

and a possible HUGE job change soon at work that includes a raise thank god.

my resolutions are

to keep up going to the gym(was 3 times a week till theh week vefore xmas and havent been back)

take my bike to a track day....

pay off some of my small credit card debt ive been hauling around

and have a small dp for a house by 08(assuming the wedding doesnt devour it)

Work was slow, but steady today. Got a bunch of little things done.

The seats are all out of the hall. Looks really bizarre. Have to remember to bring in my camera tomorrow.

Ate, and then played a spot of Half-Life and Portal for a wee bit after dinner. Too tired to make much progress on either tonight.

Too tired for much of anything... but sleep. So that's what I think I'll do.

I learned a terrible truth the other day at work. No longer are department managers able to go into the system and edit the schedules that the home office computers dish out. No longer will I have a decent 12-9 schedule. instead, it will be 12-9, 8-5, and they'll cut out my 40 hours and likely give me 30 or less. 3 of my coworkers are quitting, which means i'll be bombarded with new hires and transfers, most likely middle age on up. Looks like one of secondary objectives is going to be fulfilled.

I'm working 12-9 today and tomorrow, then I have to work 2-11 on saturday, 12-9 sunday and monday, then i'm off tuesday and wednesday. This is the kind of schedule that I like. And I'd be getting this schedule more, because nobody really likes to close/work at night, but thanks to the retards at home office, everybody's screwed into working hours they don't like. :joy:

Think i'll take a walk to get the mail this morning.

I accepted the fact that something like that was inevitable before I even finished the application, so I don't really have the right to be angry. it's just the fact that my friends are quitting, and that's the perk of working there, i get to work with people of my age group....the new transfer is one of those that cannot work on sunday, so everyone else will be forced to. :rolleyes: it's just gonna be major suck unless i find something else or just do what i wanted to do 2 and a half years ago. get back in the mil. main thing that is stopping me is that i share an apartment. gotta start getting rid of alot of junk that i haven't touched since i moved in, then find a storage for the rest of it. (not too much other stuff, mostly games, books, and my massive star wars collection)

work has slowed down significantly, and my bosses are gonna start being bitchy, especially once the others put in their 2 weeks notice and everyone else is needing training. i'm trying not to worry too much though. :)

Work was slow again. Sweet. Nice, short, relaxing days of doing little jobs.

Took some pics of the hall with no seats in it. I'll post some later... tonight after I eat, or tomorrow at some point. (For those of you on Facebook, you can see them now in the group I started called "Berklee Performance Center Employees.")

Bought Call of Duty 4. Played the intro and first couple of missions before giving up. I'll need to work on the training level a bit more to get faster with the weapons swapping and the targeting scheme.

Did a couple more levels of Halo 2, as well.

Found another guy at work with Halo 3. Plan on doing an epic multiplayer death-fest at some point this weekend, boys! :D

Time to eat, and get to bed. I have to get up early so I can do a vet's-office run before work to pick up cat medicine so I don't need to worry about driving all the way across town after work only to arrive JUST AFTER they lock the doors at 7... like I did tonight. Grrr... :mad:

Bought Call of Duty 4. Played the intro and first couple of missions before giving up. I'll need to work on the training level a bit more to get faster with the weapons swapping and the targeting scheme.

goooood!!!!!!!!!!! It's intense, I've been playing on veteran difficulty, very tough fights. Took me a bit to get used to, hell i'm still getting used to the fast-paced single player portion. it's like one minute dead silence, the next guns blazing, grenades going off choppers flying around shooting at everything in sight, then the next minute it's eerily quiet as an enemy sniper puts a round of avenge into your head.

Multiplayer is too addicting. every match is different. There are many ways to play, lots of stuff to unlock. :) I've only been using 1 weapon for a few days in multiplayer, the Russian RPD light machine gun, trying to unlock everything for it. All i need is around 30 more headshots and i'll have completed the challenge to unlock some nice camo for it. I've been playing team deathmatch hardcore, it's the most realistic version of multiplayer, aside from the respawns, and very addicting.

Yeah... I'll have to attack it one of these days for real.

I'm at the point where I think I might have too many games. (Nice problem to have, right? :D )

But I'm having problems concentrating on one long enough to make any real progress through it.

I think I need to prioritize, and figure out an order that I'm going to work on them (at least in single player, that is...) before I go any further.

Thing is: I'm thinking about asking my cousin's husband (the one who just got the PS3) if he still has all his original XBox games... and if he wants to unload any of them to me if he does. ;) Specifically Halo 1... but anything he has that looks interesting that's 360-compatible I'll take.

Then I'll really be swamped: He had a pretty nice library of games for that from what I remember.

If not: I know there's a couple of those classic games for download... And I DO have all that hard-drive space to fill...

:joy:

Well, Dr. Jones,.. it's like this: This is only the 3rd thread of those that stood a chance of actually making it a full year. With the first 2 that was the plan, but only made it a couple of weeks at best.

So you are both technically right. :dozey:

And yes... this thread is rocking along nicely so far! I approve heartily!

:joy: indeed.

"Technique, technique!!" -- that is the call of loopy, poopy, 1" penis people. :dozey:

Around this neck of the woods *size* does matter, that's why we don't measure in ", we measure in '!

:max: So may someone please be so kind and drag the admin being responsible for this utter mess in here so he can spend the rest of his life correcting his fatal blatant errors. (Or at least 5 minutes -- please??)

Then later I went all into the intarwub and tk102 and I got our asses presented on a silver plate by X server issues. XD

:fist: Curse you x.org and your troublesome port! I have tried out git per this advice but geekfire.com kept timing out on me. Then I tried downloading the FreeBSD current ports tarball but xorg inevitably failed to compile fully.

I've expended this week's allotment of curse words but I'll get a refill tomorrow.

Archived