Home

The XWA One Year Thread III: Revenge of the Sh*t

Ikhnaton

Made yesterday a short day at work... since I was originally supposed to have all day today off, but all that sorta changed during the day yesterday. Yay. :dozey:

Took a long walk after work. It was hotter than I anticipated, and I was really sweaty by the time I finished.

Fell asleep early, and slept around the clock. (Pretty much 8pm to 8am. Damn!) I guess I needed it... but that was the 2nd time this week I've done that.

I'm still slightly tired... like I could go right back to bed. I'm somewhat alarmed by how much sleep I seem to need all of a sudden. I'm half starting to wonder if there's something wrong with me... though I don't feel bad or ill in any other way.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

saw HellBoy today. VERY cool movie and had some great humor in it. Especially when HB and Abe get drunk and start singing Barry Manilow's "Can't Smile Without you"

And for HB fans who didn't know Johann Kraus is also in the movie. The fight seen between him and Hellboy is more slap-stick comedy then action

btw, they had a preview of Clone Wars, a bit cinematic in the fighting, and kinda spoilersih when you know who is going to live/die. Still might see it

Work yesterday was boring.

Went over my friend's after work. Ate barbecue. Played video games. That was good.

Stayed out too late, though. Now I'm tired. That sucks.

Another long, boring one at work for me today.

I HAVE to do some laundry when I get home tonight.

drank too much last night with my friends first time drinking beer and we played beer pong. lost, i also had mikes hard lemonade, hard cider, and other stuff. threw up all over myself. don't think i'll ever consider doing that again. had to work and felt sick to my stomach all day. i dont regret doing it but some things are better not done again. besides beer tastes like ****. (miller light and some other beer) the other stuff was ok tho.

Well, when you see a big epic fight scene with Anakin and Dooku in the Clone wars preview it kinda ruins it when you know both are going to live, and be intact. And you know when they come up with a "Disposable major villain" that they are going to die

btw it seems Zargon couldn't get away from his ball and chain this weekend. Or he avoided me

< Beer snob mode > Guinness (two N's ) is a fine stout, but there are much better ones out there that actually have flavor. Too many people are drinking crappy light lagers that use Continuous fermentation allowing the production of lager at a much faster pace but sacrificing flavor. So if you are drinking a Mass market "American Style-Light Lager" you are not concerned about taste at all.

The trend today is "Hoppy beers" that are bitter. India Pale Ales, Porters, etc

If you like Guinness but want some more flavor, I strongly suggest searching around for an Imperial Stout. These are more "heartier" beers and often will have a little coffee or Chocolate flavor to them.. almost a dessert beer

I do love me some fine IPA's.

Its summer...so I've been drinking alot of lighter wheat beers.

But I had about 10 Capital City Ambers on saturday

then a few gimlets, some talisker 18, some jameson(tasted like crap after the fine single malt) and some other random stuff that I am too hazy to remember

I think i'm going to be in trouble for going in to work yesterday feeling like i did.

i didn't know i was considered still under the influence when i went in. -_-

apparently my dept manager found out and she is pissed at me and my friend said that i'm lucky i didn't get fired (which the dept manager may try because she can be a bitch kinda like a roulette on which of her associates to play the 'lets see who we can get to leave the department!') I zoned the department damn good before i left last night, sold cameras, did my job kinda slacking off on most of the stuff that day, and she wasn't there. (and the day before that i did full weekly maintenance tasks on the printer and processor by myself) my assistant manager was there and she said i didn't look too well but she didn't seem to have too much of a problem about it. and the loss prevention guy just checked on me to make sure i was ok.

it's definitely not something i plan on doing again. it's the first time i ever been that drunk, and the side effects suck. why i did what i did? because i only live once, so why not? i figure i do this as a one time shot, learn from it and move on. some things people say not to do, etc but eh sometimes it's better for me personally, to put my hand on a hot iron and hope i don't get scarred.

I figured I'd take one day and go against everything my friends/family warned me against, take a good look in the mirror, straighten my life out, get my stuff together and move on.

I don't think I was ever drunk to the point of being sick. (Thankfully.)

But I HATE the sensation of being drunk. Even being a little buzzed. I'm a total control freak/ perfectionist... and I can't stand knowing I'm not 100% on top of my game.

So I haven't had anything to drink in almost 10 years, and don't miss it in the slightest.

Yesterday at work was weird. Very weird.

It would be incredibly difficult to describe what happened... but there were a lot of conversations (in a strictly official capacity, mind you...) about butt-cracks and penis puppets.

I felt a bit dazed when I headed home.

You might enjoy it.

Part one came when one of my female crew members was running a spotlight from the balcony. She was wearing very trendy hip-hugger style pants.

The problems arose when she sat on the stool, and gave the audience a bit more of a show than most of them had been expecting, I'm sure.

There were some college big-wigs sitting in the balcony area, apparently... and didn't think this was appropriate viewing for the teenagers attending the show.

This led to many discussions about dress codes, and who was going to approach her, and what they should say.

I found the whole thing HILARIOUS... but had to pretend to take it seriously.

Then, while that discussion was going on, my boss's very reserved female boss came in and announced us she just got off the phone with someone trying to book the show "Puppetry of the Penis" in our hall.

Most of the people there were unaware of what the show actually entailed, so somebody had to describe it.

I just about lost it when that happened.

When the conversation turned to somebody's suggestion that we perhaps also book "The Vagina Monologues" as a theme festival... I had to walk away before I cracked up totally.

It was quite a day.

Hmmm... better not.

She's an employee of mine. Could lead to some very interesting litigation time for me if I did.

But, on the other hand... it would create an open job opportunity for Cracken if I did.

:joy:

Most girls i know who can use Hip huggers as a fashion statement often wear thongs, and create a "Whale tail" when the sit or bend over. They know it happens. Why else would they wear that?

In fact, it should be encouraged.

Better then what we got at my work. There is a Girl we give the nickname "Double-D" that works in the office and always wears something to show off her massive cleavage... that is all she really has to make her attractive. If she lost about 50 pounds her face would be good to

Yesterday wasn't nearly as interesting or fun as the previous one... though I did get to see some random woman's nipple slip while eating lunch.

We were eating at the mall food court, and some middle aged blonde and her 2 teenage kids sat down at a table near ours. (She kinda reminded me of a slightly older Laura Dern...) Her blouse kept popping open every time she moved, and she was wearing no undergarment that I could see.

He daughter was horrified. I kept seeing her mouth things like "Mommmmm! Your boobs are hanging out!"

Made an otherwise routine meal somewhat more entertaining, anyway... but that was really the extent of my fun for the day.

The show was long, but easy. And pretty damn good, too... for a bunch of high-schoolers playing big-band jazz anyway.

Archived