Home

The XWA One Year Thread III: Revenge of the Sh*t

Ikhnaton

No unexpected, inadvertent nudity to report seen while on the job today... sorry. :D

It was a busy maintenance morning... followed by a good, long lunch. As well as a marathon walk home (over 3 hours.) It was a tough one, since the heat and humidity are pretty far up there today. Felt good, though. But I was one dehydrated, sweaty mess when I walked through my door, however.

Taking tomorrow and Friday off to do a lot of errands I haven't had time for... as well as to make up for the 2 days I lost last weekend working.

Doing a hip-hop show on Saturday.

Word.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weird night bowling last night...I started with one of my worst games so far in league (a 144), but finished off with one of my best (a 220). Yes, the game can be that fickle at times. :lol:

If you need an update, I'm carrying a 189 average now, and my team had been in 4th place, but after getting swept last night, we could be in the middle of the pack now.

being buzzed is fun. being hungover isn't. i'm planning on going to another party a week from saturday. will have to keep my parents in the dark about it tho. (mom was pissed at me for what i did lol doesnt want me hanging around them, etc) i just won't get wasted.

today was ok....went out with my friends to lunch, then came home and played SWG all night. think i'll put 300 in and watch that before i go to bed. gotta work 1-10 tomorrow.

Makes sense: A big part of hangovers is dehydration. (Alcohol is a natural diuretic.)

Did some housecleaning yesterday. Took a pretty good walk. Played some GRAW.

Today I have a representative from a flooring company to come over and give me an estimate about pulling up all these carpets and putting down something that won't absorb cat pee.

I might have them look at the basement floor at the same time.

add a few cups of water into the mix and it really helps hangovers

i get them no matter what unless I eat before I go to bed :(

Egg McMuffin meal with the hash brown and a cup of coffee.

the...

*drum roll*

ULTIMATE

...hangover food.

:cool:

what helped w/mine was bagels. i didnt get a headache from it.

rented 2 movies for the night/weekend. funny games and the eyes. Funny Games was kinda lame but had a few funny parts in it (for the sadist in me).

working 2-11 tomorrow. that's going to suck. then 12-9 the following day. yay!

I need to reorder contacts these glasses are practically falling apart! -_-

well it has happened. The crap finally hit the fan at work and we are "Busy"

Next week is mandatory 10 hour days. And I have to work today (Saturday) and maybe tomorrow. that will put me at 54 hours this week at the end of today.

Fortunatly the week after next I have Thursday and Friday off, and will be taking my niece down to Six flags Great America... and buying a Gold Fast pass for the both of us.

Well... I signed paperwork to have new flooring installed in 2 weeks. 4,500 dollars worth of new flooring. :eek:

Goodbye Hi-Def TV and new super compy for this year... again. :rolleyes:

But no more carpets to gather cat pee and stink no matter how many times I shampoo them. All hardwood laminate flooring... which is what I've always preferred anyway. I hate carpets.

The gawdawful ancient and ugly linoleum in the kitchen will be gone too. Woot.

I also showed him the cellar, and he recommended a couple of things... but for now it will have to wait.

work today was actauly quite easy. I was given a job task to pull sample cases from 160 pallets of butter. My bosses thought it would take me all weekend, and I got it done in 7 hours. Thank God for good eyesight (even for a 33 year old) and l33t forklift skills.

So I get tomorrow off. WEEEE. that means i can sleep in for once *thump*

Spent yesterday with old-school hip-hop artists KRS-One and MC Lyte.

It was loud.

Today my cousin is coming over to do some wiring and electrical work in my house.

Not looking forward to an entire day with no power... but it will be good to have everything on circuit breakers and a couple of extra circuits around the house.

The entire house on 4 15-amp glass fuses seems like a recipe for disaster... especially with my electronics-heavy lifestyle.

time to vent.....

depressed like a emo right now. all 3 of my favorite coworkers are bailing out of the department. 1 is moving away (the 80 year old dude, he's freakin useless but his comic relief is pure genius...we had a customer come to the counter once with a stutter and he took like 5 minutes to get his last name out, then gil came over and he whispered 'i think his needle is stuck'...god that was the funniest thing i ever heard from an old person!!!!!!! i never laughed so hard in my life!!!), the other just wants out of the department (she got pregnant and doesnt wanna be around chemicals, don't blame her), and the other is just fed up w/the department manager. so this leaves me alone with 2 people. 1 that is sometimes spaced out and ignores the counter, and the other who won't leave me alone, both are in their late 40s and ladies, so i get to deal with mood swings and one is definitely bipolar (tho i won't tell her that she might go run and cry to management)...

so basically i am going to get ****ed and end up doing all the work. i have no confidence in our personel manager or assistant manager to hire the RIGHT people for the job, and when they do hire them, who will be training? obviously not the 2 recently hired ones.

my vacation is going to become a failure of epic proportions, because my mom wants to interfere and go with me where i originally planned to go and try to run things for me, so yay for that! :rolleyes: I wish there would be a nice way to say 'mom, dad, work, i really don't need you at this time, so PLEASE LEAVE ME THE **** ALONE!!!1111111111111111111111111111111111ONEONEONE111!!1'

gah it can just be so frustrating. it's my parents' fault for pushing me to go buy a vehicle which i could've probably got a decent one for over half the price and already have it paid off by now...their fault for nagging me about 'no dont build a computer from sratch' so i buy a **** one and try and upgrade it and that epic fails on me, so im out $800ish for that (but yeah that was already paid off anyways), their fault for forcing me out of the apartment, their fault for guiltying me to not go back in the army, their fault for my self-esteem issues, their fault i've never had a girlfriend, and their fault for me finally just breaking down and wanting to go do just about everything that goes against my "moral upbringing", and i blame them for my moments of self hatred and lack of joy in anything.

i hate that it comes down to me dissing on my parents, but it's the ****in truth. they brought me up this way, and this is what happens.

My house is now wired with only circuit breakers!

It may not seem like such a big deal... but not having to buy glass fuses anymore makes me happy.

Plus: he re-distributed the load so it wasn't all dragging on a single leg coming into the house. (I have 2 services coming in. Before, almost EVERYTHING was on a single service. Now it's even...)

I also have 2 new 20-amp circuits that I can dedicate to appliances... especially air conditioning.

As it was: 2/3s of the entire house was on a single 15-amp circuit... and that included all my computer stuff, the entire living-room AV rack, the dining room, and the AC unit in my bedroom.

It was a bad scene.

Now it should be better.

15:

You are at this point an adult. At some point you will have to put your foot down for what you believe in.

You may love and respect your parents... but you are going to have to make them understand that you have your own life to live.

You don't have to defy them at every point... but choose your battles and stand up for yourself. They are going to have to loosen up on the reins at some point.

From what you have told us, it doesn't seem to me like your sister has the same problems with them... correct?

Follow her examples if you need guidance.

I'm here for the pity party?

Seriously though dude, in the end you LET them push you into decisions you didnt want to make. THe problem starts with your own esteem issues.

Growing up is rough, but part of maturing is acknowledging that you made alot of mistakes and that you are accountable for them. Until you admit your own fault in the problems in your life its hard to ever move past them. Overbearing parents can make that transition very hard but its something you have to work on, it just doesn't happen.

You don't need their persmission to join the army, or their approval.

Basically, I had an awesome boss. He was very nice, very patient. We were able to have long, specific talks about the problems at hand and work out good solutions that really worked. He didn't interfere, just left me alone to do my job, but was still able to keep me on track if I prioritized something wrong or made a mistake. We did a lot of good work together. Then about a year ago I got put on loan to another manager. He's a complete jackass. He's good, technically, but he's impatient, yells all the time, and doesn't listen. We just can't communicate at all. He gets the job done, but in a way I think is short-sighted and will cause problems down the line. Now this guy has been promoted two steps (which is bad enough), but now I am also under his direct management from now on. I get so much less work done now, and I'm stressed out all the time just from dealing with him.

I know it seems like a small thing to whine about when people are losing their jobs and all that, but seriously, my job just got a lot harder and a lot less enjoyable.

If you fail to leave the nest, don't be suprised when your parents sit on you.

I learned that. The only reason why I moved back to my Parents was to get some solid finacial ground underneath me. They didn't understand why I get so upset when they start wanting me to pay them "Rent".. basically all they wanted was an excuse to get money from me to help out their problems. not understanding that if I did that it would mean I would have to stay with them longer. Then I get a job, and they bitch and moan I had weird hours and low pay, I told them to wait a while and things would work out.

Now almost 2 years later, I have a really nice apartment overlooking a lake, a well paying job that has regular hours, and is halfway enjoyable.

ANd everyonce and a while my parents miss me and buy me dinner.

What have I learn? Be an adult, say no, and do it YOUR way. You might make mistakes, but they will be YOUR mistakes.

yeah. o well i'm ok. just had to vent. i just learn to blow them off (ie: put on headphones and tune out, leave for no reason)

my mom always gets on my case about hanging with the wrong people, etc, etc, etc. just cuase of someone else we know that is in jail for one of his friends raping/killing someone and threatening to kill him if he didnt throw the body in the river. (something that happened well over 20 years ago, my aunt got involved with while doing something for her church something to do with sign language as the guys parents are deafmute and he is not, kinda weird tbh) and then another thing my mom will get on my case about is one of the people my dad works with, well the guy's son was just found in the hudson river last week after being missing for a few weeks and the deceased was my age, go figure.

anyways. whatever. gotta work tomorrow and it's going to suck because the silver recover system stopped working. and people will probably be calling off on me...

just watched the movie "the eye" pretty good movie, the first ghost part scared me a little i was like 'wtf' good thing i didnt have my good speakers on i might have screamed. lol after that part tho it kinda got boring.

not sure if i'm 12-9 or 1-10 tomorrow so i gotta wake up early and hopefully i'll be an hour early tomorrow....but i think i am 12-9 which works out i guess.

might go to dorney park on thursday. planning on it.

Archived