Home

[WIP] Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

Silveredge9

the shortcomings of Malak's model (what, exactly, are those?)

AFAIK, he can only uses a single melee weapon (well, he *can* use other weapons, but he does not have the battle animations). I was under the impression that he had all the standard/critical/flurry/power attacks, but I'm not sure I understand what Druganator means by "3 moves", so I might be wrong.

PS: Hey Silveredge9, I've had a bug on my playthrough of the original BoS, I reported it on its release thread (one of the last messages). My comp crashed since then, so I won't be able to dig the files to find why it bugged, but still you might have an idea about it.

<edit />There it is. I'm not quoting it, since it has little to do with this thread.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
he had all the standard/critical/flurry/power attacks, but I'm not sure I understand what Druganator means by "3 moves", so I might be wrong.

I believe he doesn't have one of the critical/flurry/power attacks. He should be fine for most cases, and you just make sure he doesn't try to attack with animations he doesn't have (as humorous as that may be).

@silveredge

I mean that making some of the characters join your party will take more time.

I've got no interest in leaving out interesting features because I'll actually have to spend more then a few hours implementing them.

I believe he doesn't have one of the critical/flurry/power attacks. He should be fine for most cases, and you just make sure he doesn't try to attack with animations he doesn't have (as humorous as that may be).
From testing, Malak doesn't have flurry or critical attack animations. He does however, have the power attack animation.

From testing, Malak doesn't have flurry or critical attack animations. He does however, have the power attack animation.
Could it be possible to prevent the players from choosing these feats, or is that too much work (or even not necessary, if Malak isn't leveled by the player, but by you)?

Could it be possible to prevent the players from choosing these feats, or is that too much work (or even not necessary, if Malak isn't leveled by the player, but by you)?

As with all temporary party members in the mod, Malak's default level is 20, which makes it impossible for the player to alter the attributes, feats and skills set in his utc.

As with all temporary party members in the mod, Malak's default level is 20, which makes it impossible for the player to alter the attributes, feats and skills set in his utc.

Unless of course a savegame editor is used, but that's it out of your control. :p

Very interesting with controlling different characters, how did you do that without replacing an existing slot? Did you add a line to npc.2da or something?

Anyways, looks awesome Silver. :)

Unless of course a savegame editor is used, but that's it out of your control. :p
Yup, which also means any bugs the use of a save game editor may create - is not my problem.

Very interesting with controlling different characters, how did you do that without replacing an existing slot? Did you add a line to npc.2da or something?

Anyways, looks awesome Silver. :)

When that scenario has been completed, your original party member is returned to you just as you left them. :p

I've included some screenshots of Malak below, of whom uses Canderous' slot for the duration of the Malachor stuff.

It's the same as any other custom recruitment mod, just on a more temporary basis.

Just to let people know, there won't be any progress on the mod for the next 1 1/2 weeks or so as I'm going to be on holiday from Sunday - Which also means there will be no updates in this thread either. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy, and bruised.

Anyways, before I go - I figured I'd post a couple of screenshots for you to ponder over. :)

- Screenshot 1

- Screenshot 2

Just to let people know, there won't be any progress on the mod for the next 1 1/2 weeks or so as I'm going to be on holiday from Sunday - Which also means there will be no updates in this thread either. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy, and bruised.

Anyways, before I go - I figured I'd post a couple of screenshots for you to ponder over. :)

- Screenshot 1

- Screenshot 2

Awesome screens Silver! I think I see several TSL references in Brotherhood of Shadow, except you finish your storylines. :xp:

• 2 weeks later...
P.S. Would you mind if BOS is hosted on RPGBanana?

I'd rather keep everything on KOTORFiles, thank you.

---------------

As promised a few days ago, here is an update. I've recently been going back to the Battle of Taris module, which itself serves as a prologue to inform the player of the relationship between Matilda and Solomon prior to the 'meat' of the main plot kicking in. I've rewrote the entire sequence to get my mind in gear for writing a critical section of the finale of the main story, you will see the reason why when you play the mod. :)

Thematically the whole sequence mirrors the Obiwan/Anakin "In my point of view the Jedi are evil omfglol!" scene from EP3, except that the dark side isn't the focus, rather Matilda's decision to join the Mandalorian Wars. Hopefully you will agree the dialogue isn't nearly as bad. :p

- Screen 1

- Screen 2

- Screen 3

- Screen 4

- Screen 5

- Screen 6

- Screen 7

- Screen 8

That's all for today. As usual questions, comments or opinions are welcome.

Archived