Home

[WIP] Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

Silveredge9

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks really epic! I noticed the mini-map in the preview video was messed up; will this be addressed later on in the mod's development?

Malak was a guy!

Lol sorry, my mistake xD When I´m writing in english I don´t think :xp:

It would be weird a female version of Malak. Something like Asajj. O_o

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder if a female malak would be hot...

Also, I was wondering...can you put different things on malak and have them show? like you put Echani armour on Malak and then i would show him wearing Echani armour?

I think because Malak has his own 'skeleton' model it would either require you to do reskins of existing textures he uses and possibly model stuff from scratch to alter his appearance.

The last screens and the malachor trailer its amazing. On all those years of next generation of videogames ther haven´t been any Star Wars game that i liked. (I don´t like the story of The Foce Unleashed)

I´m waiting a lot this mod.

A few questions.

1-Will have diferent endings?

2-I´ve seen on the trailer that Mandalore doesn´t have voice. Will you use the mandalorian/twileks voces included in the game or will you record it?

3-Will it say something about the exile?

4-Will whe know why malak loose her mouth?

5-Will be news planet?

1 - Although it's not the focus of the mod, there will be choices that the player will make that may vary it a little. Like the original Brotherhood of Shadow, it's pretty much going to be a set story.

2 - I plan to use voice actors for some characters, but that has already been mentioned countless times already.

3 - The Exile plays no part in the story I wish to tell.

4 - Again, this plays no part in the story I wish to tell. However if I remember correctly, he lost his jaw in a lightsaber duel with Revan.

5 - Read the FAQ on the first page.

Looks really epic! I noticed the mini-map in the preview video was messed up; will this be addressed later on in the mod's development?
That's just a temporary map that was used so I could figure out directions for cameras and stuff. In the final mod, custom maps will have their own custom mini map.

I think because Malak has his own 'skeleton' model it would either require you to do reskins of existing textures he uses and possibly model stuff from scratch to alter his appearance.
Seems like a big waste of time for something so small. :p

How is the project?

I'm spending most of my time rewriting early dialogues, fixing bugs and finishing off some side quests. There's a chance that the next project milestone - the internal beta - may be reached within the next few weeks or so.

The new teaser trailer made me subscribe to you, haven't tried the first mod yet but this one looks amazing... I'm really impressed. Are you going for a third one later?

EDIT: Uhh... Are there new areas? It sure looks like it, or is my memory lacking - secondly, do I've to play the first one in order to play this. Didn't quite get that.

This is just a quick announcement. Included with BoS:SR when it is eventually released - will be the original BoS. Now, I bet you're wondering what the point of that would be? Well I'll tell you.

The development of Brotherhood of Shadow was in essence a learning process which served to teach me many different aspects of content creation. Technically and in terms of narrative - I learned a great many things which I have applied to BoS:SR during it's year or so of development.

Looking back at the original BoS, there are many aspects of that mod (mainly story related) that were just inherently stupid or were created right at the beginning of development when I was essentially still an amateur. So, included in the BoS:SR package will be an enhanced version of the original BoS which will include the following improvements;

- A new script (No more spelling/grammatical errors, fits in better with the BoS:SR plot and has just generally better writing. Character backgrounds and some plot elements have also undergone some significant changes.)

- A few more area reskins (The Orion, which was implemented to bring it's appearance in line with BoS:SR)

- Bug fixes (One of the bugs fixed now was the one that unequipped Daemon Drexel's mask during your encounter with him in the "Favour for a Rodian Quest".)

And don't worry about these improvements delaying the mod. They have already been implemented. ;)

This is just a quick announcement. Included with BoS:SR when it is eventually released - will be the original BoS. Now, I bet you're wondering what the point of that would be? Well I'll tell you.

The development of Brotherhood of Shadow was in essence a learning process which served to teach me many different aspects of content creation. Technically and in terms of narrative - I learned a great many things which I have applied to BoS:SR during it's year or so of development.

Looking back at the original BoS, there are many aspects of that mod (mainly story related) that were just inherently stupid or were created right at the beginning of development when I was essentially still an amateur. So, included in the BoS:SR package will be an enhanced version of the original BoS which will include the following improvements;

- A new script (No more spelling/grammatical errors, fits in better with the BoS:SR plot and has just generally better writing. Character backgrounds and some plot elements have also undergone some significant changes.)

- A few more area reskins (The Orion, which was implemented to bring it's appearance in line with BoS:SR)

- Bug fixes (One of the bugs fixed now was the one that unequipped Daemon Drexel's mask during your encounter with him in the "Favour for a Rodian Quest".)

And don't worry about these improvements delaying the mod. They have already been implemented. ;)

Awesome! Any more changes to the old BOS? Could you upload it to other sites as well (FileFront has some stupid country limits)?

Interesting, though for the new script the overall plot will be the same, correct?

Could you upload it to other sites as well (FileFront has some stupid country limits)?
It will be something I'll look into as the mod gets closer to release.

Interesting, though for the new script the overall plot will be the same, correct?
The plot will generally be the same, it's just the dialogue and some details that will have changed.

let's say i've got the original BoS installed - would this new version install over it with no problems?

btw, it's a great idea. i've not actually played through the original yet, despite having installed it. what with one thing or another. i look forward to the release :)

let's say i've got the original BoS installed - would this new version install over it with no problems?
If I'm right, I think Silver is going to edit the existing files, so, I think that if you have the original installed, the TSLPatcher (...you will use it, right? :xp:) will just overwrite the existing files, replacing them with the modified files.

btw, it's a great idea. i've not actually played through the original yet, despite having installed it. what with one thing or another. i look forward to the release :)

I haven't actually looked into the installation process yet, but I think it will probably be just a matter of setting TSLPatcher to override the necessary files.

Anyways, as mentioned the dialogue of the original BoS will have been completely rewritten. This includes Matilda's (or "Shadow", as she will now be called", don't worry the Matilda name is still in there, it just serves another purpose.) dialogue.

One of the things you get to ask her is her involvement in the Mandalorians Wars and her recollection of the battles she participated in. One of those battles was Dxun, which I always figured would have a Apocalypse Now vibe to it.

Here is what Matilda/Shadow replies with when you ask her about her involvement in the Second Battle of Dxun.

When it was finally time for us to take Dxun – home to our enemies base of operations, we had already been fighting – and winning the Mandalorian Wars for some time now.

The Mandalorians – who had been fortifying Dxun for decades – were deeply entrenched within a jungle of minefields, traps, anti-air turrets and ferocious beasts. It was never going to be easy to claim a victory there, and it wasn’t.

After months of probing the Mandalorian lines to determine weakness, we at last launched the full-scale assault which would take us into the heart of the Neo-Crusader command.

I commanded one of the ground units which was tasked with ultimately taking the moon’s main fortress and disabling the communications array that was situated there.

The physical and psychological conditions of the battle were difficult for even myself – by then an experienced veteran of numerous campaigns – to weather.

We were within a territory that was familiar only to our enemy. Who bore stealth field generators and struck only in small units.

We were forced to abandon the injured, lest the beasts pick up our trail through the stench of burnt flesh and blood.

And for every single Mandalorian we killed, we lost around ten Republic soldiers in the process.

During the battle, the soldiers under my command managed to maintain their composure despite the looming threat of death. It was… between battles that they betrayed their true feelings to me. They were scared… terrified… of the enemy… of the beasts… of the jungle itself.

At the end, when the compound was taken and the communications array destroyed, I boarded a ship back to the main fleet with the handful of soldiers from my unit that survived. I remember, as we departed from that jungle for the last time, one of the soldiers said something to me that I will never forget…

She said “General, down there, in the jungle, are the bodies of my fellow soldiers. They were my comrades… my friends. I want to remember the good times we had together, but all I can recall is the smell of their blood.”

It seems in war, there are no unwounded soldiers.

Are you going to make Dxun playable or only it would be Matilda´s story? And on the malachor V battle will be some cameos or something about the Mass Shadow Generator?

I´ve seen, at the moment, that the dialogues are now more "poetic". That´s cool. Some modders have great habillities making mods but not to write or making a plot.

(Sorry for my bad english xD).

Mediafire is a good option to consider, being free and all.

Yeah, you don´t have to wait, you can download a lot of files at twice and doesn´t need a premium account like rapidshare or megaupload.

Are you going to make Dxun playable or only it would be Matilda´s story?
Dxun isn't playable no, and is just mentioned in Shadow's (New name for Matilda) party member dialogue.

And on the malachor V battle will be some cameos or something about the Mass Shadow Generator?

I've already discussed cameos at least once in the past, so your going to have to go back a few pages. And the Mass Shadow Generator is mentioned once or twice, but it doesn't feature or anything.

Mediafire is a good option to consider, being free and all.
Yup, I use it myself sometimes. But like I said, it will be something I'll consider when I actually reach that stage of development.

Anyways, small progress update.

Currently I'm actually playing through the mod as a whole, more or less uninterrupted, for the first time. I'm taking note of a number of things, mainly a list of characters that I need voice actors for (I'll come to this in a moment.) and any other outstanding issues (Small things really. Stuff like adding journal entries, custom loading screens, item stats/descriptions and making female versions of existing armours.)

In terms of playable content, it's all 100% playable, and in my experience - bug free. It's just the minor edits of existing content that remain. So if things continue as they are and the next few stages of the project progress nicely, it may see a public release possibly around early January.

Anyways, probably around late next week, I'm going to begin auditioning for voice actors. When that time comes, I'll post in this thread with all necessary details on what you, if your interested, need to do.

In terms of playable content, it's all 100% playable, and in my experience - bug free. It's just the minor edits of existing content that remain. So if things continue as they are and the next few stages of the project progress nicely, it may see a public release possibly around early January.

Anyways, probably around late next week, I'm going to begin auditioning for voice actors. When that time comes, I'll post in this thread with all necessary details on what you, if your interested, need to do.

w00t! :D Sounds great Silveredge! How long did it take you to play?

Archived