Home

[WIP] Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

Silveredge9

Wow thats really cool but it needs Star Wars on it, also the KOTOR writing needs to be bigger i think. It would be really great if you where to implement the poster into the mod, maybe a loading screen?

I'm not planning on adding a Star Wars logo anywhere. I wouldn't want to run the risk of associating it with all those terrible movies (Well, except the OT). ;)

And thanks for the suggestions on how to improve the logo on the poster, I'll try to implement some when I have time.

Really looking forwards to this mod when it's done! The original BoS has a permanent place in my override folder and I'm sure this will too. Just one quick question, are there any lightsaber models being built by Quanon? I loved the longer blade on Revan's lightsaber but the model seemed too similiar to the Bioware default ones.
There are new weapons featured in BoS:SR, but no new lightsaber hilts. Though the Revan lightsaber in the original BoS wasn't a new saber, it was the one Darth Malak uses.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not planning on adding a Star Wars logo anywhere. I wouldn't want to run the risk of associating it with all those terrible movies (Well, except the OT). ;)

And thanks for the suggestions on how to improve the logo on the poster, I'll try to implement some when I have time.

There are new weapons featured in BoS:SR, but no new lightsaber hilts. Though the Revan lightsaber in the original BoS wasn't a new saber, it was the one Darth Malak uses.

Did that voice acting site spartanpride gave help? Cant wait till this is out.

I'm in the closed beta and you guys aren't, I'm in the closed beta and you guys aren't, neener neener neener.

So I started the night be playing through the Orion again, partly at Silveredge's insistence and partly because I had no save games after it. It's received a few minor touch-ups, the most noticeable being a reskin of the entire area. The actual content is unchanged as far as I could tell, but this is BoS: Solomon's Revenge and not BoS: Enhanced Edition.

So far the new content has been pretty fun... or at least as fun as it can be for a beta version. The purpose of my playing it early is so I can run into things that are wrong with the mod, after all. :p To Silver's credit I was able to play (the new parts of) the mod for what I'm guessing is an hour before I ran into a game-halting bug.

Probably the best thing about the mod so far is how new the areas feel. Some major reskinning, a bunch of different creatures and placeables, and you can hardly tell you're in the old Bek Base.

pic_863.jpg

Well, actually, you can, but it doesn't break immersion the way modules from a couple years ago did.

While I'm at it, here's another screenshot. Props to anyone who can tell who this figure is; and yes I did cast Force Speed on purpose here. :p

pic_864.jpg

My biggest beef so far is with the dialogue, which could use revising (though most of it's for syntax) in about 90% of all instances. Silver says that apart from correcting spelling and grammar all dialogue is final, but I'm going to tell him everything I think could use changing anyway. 'sides, the VOs haven't even been recorded yet so there's still time to revise the lines. ;P

And if anyone's curious, I have no idea when the mod is going to be released.

Looking very nice Silveredge. :D

But there is a typo in the dialog at 2:47, in the dialog, Solomon says "Don't be stupid", but the VO says "Don't act stupid".

Still lookin' very awesome. :)

Yeah, I've noticed this myself, and have already corrected it.

Silver says that apart from correcting spelling and grammar all dialogue is final, but I'm going to tell him everything I think could use changing anyway. 'sides, the VOs haven't even been recorded yet so there's still time to revise the lines. ;P

Dialogue is final, with many of the character's scripts already in the hands of voice actors. Apart from some spelling and grammar errors I and some others have spotted, I'm pretty happy with the dialogue, and that's what counts right? ;)

Uh, what does how I define 'figure' have to do with your inability to grasp that the NPC's real name isn't a series of question marks?

Good question. Must be related to what some scholars have been researching about lately; apparently, excessive use of sarcasm may render one uncapable to identify it.

Silver, a piece of advice on the dialog: make it shorter! At least it felt too long for me to have to actually read 2-3 two liners before i could reply to what the other character said(in the original BOS). It kinda stopped the discussion for a while and broke the immersion when my char just stood there while i was trying to read the possible answers. Its great stuff really, but if you look at the way bioware made it, it feels way... hmmm... smoother. I dont want to rant or anything like that, but thats the way i feel. You should at least consider shortening them.

Archived