Home

[WIP] Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

Silveredge9

Solomon is an Echani, therefore he has silver hair and silver eyes. Matilda isn't one (At least not biologically), so she doesn't. It's evident to a degree in the poster, and more so in the actual game itself, that Matilda's eyes are blue.

Wait a sec... weren't the Echani not supposed to become Jedi? :confused:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If your basing that off of TSL and the handmaidens, Atris just didn't train them to be Jedi. (I doubt the sisters of Brianna had force sensitivity, because Brianna's mom was a Jedi, while theirs wasn't force sensitive) But an Echani can be a Jedi, if he/she has force sensitivity.

o ok i guess it just looked similar in the poster.i can't wait for this mod to come out. when i played through the first BOS the dialogue sent chills down my spine. you are a very talented script writer and i think you could make very good movies. oh and btw

I think its something like malak... Quasi-Sith Eyes...

the reason his eyes are like that is because theyre based on the original sith eyes from episodes IV V and VI because the game came out before episode 3 did.

Yeah, I'm guessing it's going to be an installer one, since most of them come like that these days and it makes things easier and more compatible with other mods (so long as you get the order right).

it would be interesting to see if any new original dialog appears in the 'original' mod, but since some characters are getting overhauled (like matilda) as a result of the sequel, it wouldn't suprise me.

BTW Silver, will the content from the original BoS have any voiced dialogue or is it gonna stay the same?

If a character spoke in an alien language in the original BoS, he/she still will in BoS:SR.

hey, is this gunna be another TSLpatchdata one where you just click the installer?

cause the extracting and moving ones don't work on my computer.

The main install method will be using TSL Patcher. However, a means to install BoS:SR manually, without using TSL Patcher, will also be provided and explained in the read-me. Just don't expect it to be as compatible with your other installed mods as it would had you used TSLPatcher.

it would be interesting to see if any new original dialog appears in the 'original' mod, but since some characters are getting overhauled (like matilda) as a result of the sequel, it wouldn't suprise me.
I've already stated a few pages back that BoS has undergone a complete rewrite. So dialogue for 9/10 characters is completely different. There has also been an edit of an existing scene, the Jedi Academy Matilda flashback featured in the original BoS no longer features Bastila, as at the time she would have been too young. Instead, a character unique to BoS:SR now replaces her.

I've already stated a few pages back that BoS has undergone a complete rewrite. So dialogue for 9/10 characters is completely different. There has also been an edit of an existing scene, the Jedi Academy Matilda flashback featured in the original BoS no longer features Bastila, as at the time she would have been too young. Instead, a character unique to BoS:SR now replaces her.

Wow 9/10 dialogues are different O_o??? I really doesn´t expect it.

I think you´re right. I don´t know Bastila´s real age. But even if she was 30 on Kotor 2 for example, she would be only 16 years old at the beginning of the Mandalorian Wars.

Maybe you´ve replaced her with Telana?

A few questions:

-Will appear the one-legged Wookie? I heard of this character a lot, but doesn´t appear.

-Any mention of something about kotor 2´s characters/plot? (I only knew Matilda talk a little about the exile and the mass shadow generator).

-The original BOS took me about 6 hours to finish it. As orientative way, how will be BOS SR in tems of hours? (Is correctthis sentence in english? xD)

A few questions:

-Will appear the one-legged Wookie? I heard of this character a lot, but doesn´t appear.

-Any mention of something about kotor 2´s characters/plot? (I only knew Matilda talk a little about the exile and the mass shadow generator).

-The original BOS took me about 6 hours to finish it. As orientative way, how will be BOS SR in tems of hours? (Is correctthis sentence in english? xD)

- One Legged Wookiee was written out in the rewrite, and no longer features in either BoS or BoS:SR. The concept wasn't really that great, so I got rid of it completely.

- Not really. If you want to learn about K2's characters and plot, I'd suggest playing K2. :p

- BoS:SR is longer than the original. I don't really have any exact figures.

{Snip} The post is gone so shall be the reply to it. -RH

Silver, great move on rewriting the first BOS dialogue. I can see why you wanted to do this, with the enhanced feeling of the dialogue that looks to be present in the sequel. It looks like you're persistance and determination is paying off, i look forward to more updates. :)

Hey Silver, just one quick question: I was playing the game with your mod installed and all the patches installed too, and I came to the part where Malak is torturing Bastila. However instead of Bastila, it was Matilda with Bastila's voice. Is that gonna be fixed in SR?

Hey Silver, just one quick question: I was playing the game with your mod installed and all the patches installed too, and I came to the part where Malak is torturing Bastila. However instead of Bastila, it was Matilda with Bastila's voice. Is that gonna be fixed in SR?

I won't be fixing the bug, simply because I couldn't find a way too. However, I've implemented a way around it that will make sure Matilda doesn't take Bastila's place in that cutscene.

Anyways, I'm the process of working on a website, and on that website will be information concerning BoS:SR. So far I have: Character Biographies, FAQ, Media (Screenshots, Trailers, Wallpapers) and Quest Information. Is there anything else you would like to see?

If you're looking for a hosting site, try Freewebs. A free account is perfect for what you're doing. Heck, it even has a forum.

Oh, and I think this might have been asked before, but did you fix that bug where instead of having her face Matilda has a generic Twilek face in the visions until she becomes a party member?

Also, remember how I was having a compatibility issue with a mod that replaced the Korriban Sith Students' uniforms with Dark Jedi robes? I've tried everything possible including a clean install of BOS after this reskin mod and it still doesn't work. I'll need to find the name of the mod, but I thought I'd let you know where that ended up.

EDIT: Okay, here it is: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Robes_for_Korriban_Sith_Students;89673

Oh, and I think this might have been asked before, but did you fix that bug where instead of having her face Matilda has a generic Twilek face in the visions until she becomes a party member?
Playing through the most recent version of BoS:SR in a clean override, I haven't encountered this problem. So I guess it's fixed.

Also, remember how I was having a compatibility issue with a mod that replaced the Korriban Sith Students' uniforms with Dark Jedi robes? I've tried everything possible including a clean install of BOS after this reskin mod and it still doesn't work. I'll need to find the name of the mod, but I thought I'd let you know where that ended up.

EDIT: Okay, here it is: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Robes_for_Korriban_Sith_Students;89673

It will be a confliction of 2DA files. I've been trying my best to make BoS:SR as compatible as possible, so when that's released, they may be compatible with one another.

Also, you can now view the official website of Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge over at http://www.silveredge9.com. There, you can find a ton of new information on this upcoming expansion pack. Updates will still be posted here, but stuff like character biographies, screenshots, item descriptions and so on will be exclusively on the BoS:SR website.

Wait...does this mean that the Brotherhood has been unleashed? If so, the galaxy is in a lot of trouble, since Revan barely survived them....

I'm also wondering if Solomon has unleashed them...which could mean Akirakon Sin+Darius Solomon dialog awesomeness!

Btw, I noticed there's a voice sample up on your website for Mandalore. Does that mean that you have his dialog done? 'Cause I'm very much looking forward to his appearance in BOS:SR.

Aha! I knew The Brotherhood of Shadow and Akirakon Sin would play a pivotal role in Solomon's Revenge! :woo:

Looks like you've added some Brothers too... :D

All this new stuff is making me drool... superb job Silver!

The content covers both the original BoS and the it's sequel, so it would make sense for the Brotherhood of Shadow to be featured in that. Concerning their possible appearing in BoS:SR, I'd rather allow you to find out yourself when you play the mod.

Btw, I noticed there's a voice sample up on your website for Mandalore. Does that mean that you have his dialog done? 'Cause I'm very much looking forward to his appearance in BOS:SR.

If a voice sample is available on the website, it usually means that the role has been completed and is now fully voiced.

The content covers both the original BoS and the it's sequel, so it would make sense for the Brotherhood of Shadow to be featured in that. Concerning their possible appearing in BoS:SR, I'd rather allow you to find out yourself when you play the mod.

i think he was referring to the actual revenge of Solomon.

Just another quick update. I've released a new trailer; this time showcasing gameplay from the Battle of Malachor V section, including a glimpse of a fully voiced Mandalore the Ultimate. You can find the video at the link below, or over at the official BoS website.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=I2y-yCEkj_o&eurl=http://www.silveredge9.com/index.php

Also, a new section describing some of the new areas featured in BoS:SR has been added over at silveredge9.com, you can find a direct link below.

http://www.silveredge9.com/boslocations.php

Comments are welcome, as usual.

Archived