Home

[WIP] Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

Silveredge9

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One question real fast. If I have a save file in the original BoS where I already went to Tatooine and fought Drexl but have not been captured by the Leviathan yet how will BoS: SR take that info?

The version of BoS included in BoS:SR is radically different from the one currently available for download, so it will be necessary to begin again. Though a post-leviathan save game will be included in the package for convenience.

I have got a sneaky feeling...

At the beginning I felt that

Matilda will die at the end after Solomon´s final battle

But don´t have I´ve any clues, only is a premonition xDDD

Fixed. :)

And I'm with you on this. I'm betting that

Matilda will end up sacrificing herself to destroy the Brotherhood of Shadow...permanently. That includes Solomon and Akirakon Sin. I'm also betting that Silver rewrote the original mod so that there is more than one Rakata Mind Prison infested by the collective consciousness of the BOS, which means that Akirakon may have been defeated/redeemed in the original BOS mod, but another entity made of his essence will still be around in another RMP.

I also think that Silver is going to have Matilda die due to the problem where during the Malak-Bastila torture scene Matilda is there instead of Bastila and when you reach Lehon/Rakata Prime/The Unknown World all of the items she had equiped disappear (at least that was my experience).

• 2 weeks later...

Update time. My own final session of BoS:SR bug fixing and polishing is nearing it's conclusion, and should be ready for a final round of beta testing hopefully in the coming weeks.

Also, I've got a special treat to showcase today. It is the opening in-game .bik movie that will serve to "introduce" the Solomon's Revenge portion of the mod. You will notice that it isn't a traditional Star Wars crawl, which is completely intentional on my part. Enjoy! :)

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

I've noticed the video is a little laggy, which may be just a problem on my end. If anybody else is experiencing this problem, let me know.

Wasn't laggy at all for me. :)

I'm a bit confused here, so is that a .bik movie that is played when you begin the BoS:SR main quest? Or is it played at the beginning of the "Black Cloaked Man" quest? :p

Glad to hear that the mod is getting extremely close to release. :D

Wasn't laggy at all for me. :)

I'm a bit confused here, so is that a .bik movie that is played when you begin the BoS:SR main quest? Or is it played at the beginning of the "Black Cloaked Man" quest? :p:D

It's played at the beginning of where the content added by BoS:SR on a whole picks up, so it would be before the "Black Cloaked Man" quest.

Wouldn't it be odd if you have text for a mod while playing a game already a few hours in progress?

This opening plays at the beginning of the Solomon's Revenge content, whilst there's another opening which plays at the beginning of the original Brotherhood of Shadow content. Though that ones not quite finished yet.

Nice video. I can tell that you love that particular music track. :D It's a very good one, actually, definitely has a lot of emotion to it.

I don't know whether to feel incredibly happy over the progress you have made with the beta testing or to feel frustrated over how long it takes. I choose the former because I prefer to play a near-flawless product from the start and I'd hate to see you stress yourself out with making patches (though the fact that you constantly improved BOS the way you did is a testament to your character).

I also have to admit that I admire how you have successfully created a solid character with a strong personality of her own to be recruited into Revan's party. I hope that if I create a recruitment mod of my own it'll be nearly as decent as the one you have included as part of BOS and SR.

• 3 weeks later...

Update time. Bar around 6 or so rerecordings of voice files that I'm still awaiting from some of the voice actors, BoS:SR is essentially complete. I'm busy now creating it's installation file using TSL Patcher, and when that's complete, it should be possible to install BoS:SR on top of your current mod configuration without any conflictions. Though unfortunately there's a weird bug in the TSLPatcher software that's preventing me from progressing any further at the moment, so I'm pretty much stuck until it's fixed.

After this stage of the project is complete, there's the final beta testing phase, and then it's release time!

Also, as I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, both BoS and BoS:SR have their own opening .bik movies. I've already shown the one which plays at the beginning of BoS:SR, and now here is the one that plays at the beginning of the Brotherhood of Shadow quest line. Enjoy!

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

I like both of the intro videos, although I have to admit I feel it might be a little odd/incongrous with the game. Not too many mods have a cutscene movie to introduce them - I guess I will have to play it to see how I feel about it :)

Great to hear that progress is moving along... I checked your site yesterday and thought, hmmm... it is about that time when silver would release an update.

Hehe....

I like both of the intro videos, although I have to admit I feel it might be a little odd/incongrous with the game. Not too many mods have a cutscene movie to introduce them - I guess I will have to play it to see how I feel about it :)
Well, they also serve another purpose, and play at the same time as certain modules load. For example, the original BoS's opening movie plays whilst the Orion module loads after leaving with Ponda H'tiba in the Tatooine cantina.

Archived