Home

[WIP] Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

Silveredge9

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Progress report time. The struggle to find voice actors for Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge is now over, with all roles cast. Although 2 roles are still in the process of being recorded, so this stage of the project isn't quite over as of yet.

Also, I have a new trailer to showcase, which you can find on

, and soon KOTORFiles. This one is a little more "cinematic" than previous trailers, so I hope you enjoy it that little bit more. This will be the last trailer before the mod's release.

As always, comments are welcome.

*has heart attack, dies*

Kidding. Wow, this is a dream come true. Silveredge9, this is the best expansion mod ever and I haven't even played it yet. You are a master of modding, and I hope that you'll consider continuing your amazing work after this, even if it's just small stuff or helping other people out. Bravo.

Saw the trailer. The audio and video were completely out of sync, but that may be my Internet Connection, weak computer, or both.

Lord of Hunger

O ************************************************ O,O!!!!!! Damn that vid is pure gold! Great voice acting(exept for the slowness that i already complained about:p), great athmosphere and really great dialogue. This aint one of the best kotor mods, this is THE best. \,,/

My spoiler thoughts below: :p

I think that at the end of the video when Solomon says that "From the depths of Taris, I shall arise, a greater being" he means that he almost died at the Second Battle of Taris. (Hence the fight sequence between him and Matilda). Then perhaps the 'Artifact' containing Akirakon, brought him the ability to arise again. That's just my guess.

I wonder what Solomon's motivation for wanting to kill Matilda is, other then that she betrayed him and almost killed him. :p

My thoughts in response to Exile007's thoughts: :D

From what I can tell, Matilda does indeed defeat Darius Solomon...probably from using the "Dark Side". To a Jedi Master and Echani Battlemaster, this was probably his greatest shame. Eventually he winds up finding either the Rakata Mind Trap from the original BOS or another one that also is host to the Brotherhood of Shadow. He starts tapping into the power of Shadow in order to get the power needed to defeat Matilda...but has gradually lost his own identity and is becoming nothing more than a physical vessel of the Brotherhood (much like Akirakon Sin intended for Revan). Also, this and the two journal entries at the beginning of this thread lead me to conclude that the Brotherhood expands its power by adding to its membership, but needs few bodies. According the journal, Solomon must be adding more individuals to the Brotherhood, thus giving him the illusion of becoming more powerful but in actuality making the Brotherhood+Akirakon Sin (provided he's still a Shadow) greater through the elimination of individuality and diversity. If this is the case, then Silveredge9 has created an evil organization far worse than the Ancient Sith, Infinite Empire, Order of the Sith Lords, Old and New Sith Empires, Sith Triumvirate, Old Galactic Empire, or One Sith combined. *cowers behind couch in terror*

I find the plot speculation rather interesting, though I think I'll leave out my comments on it's accuracy. ;)

Darn, I was literally begging for spoilers.

You know, I could see a parallel in Solomon's last line to someone during the Teaser.

Silver: From the bugs of BOS, I will emerge A GREATER MODDER!!!!!"

:D

Btw, what program are you using to record video from the game Silver?

Darn, I was literally begging for spoilers.

You know, I could see a parallel in Solomon's last line to someone during the Teaser.

Silver: From the bugs of BOS, I will emerge A GREATER MODDER!!!!!"

:D

Btw, what program are you using to record video from the game Silver?

FRAPS is pretty good to capture videos and screens from games. (the full version, not the trial).

My thoughts in response to Exile007's thoughts: :D

'snip'

Spoilers possible below, again: :p

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
If that is the case then Akirakon is using Solomon as a puppet master would use a puppet. That could also mean that somehow at the end of the mod; Akirakon kills Solomon, and in doing so kills Matilda (I think there was a Force Bond between the two? Then again if one falls to the dark side the bond will fade). Therefore, that is why Matilda will not accompany Revan to the Unknown world. If my speculations are correct (highly unlikely) then Akirakon could very well be the final "boss" of the mod.

I'm probably wrong though. :xp:

Spoilers possible below, again: :p

Show spoiler
If that is the case then Akirakon is using Solomon as a puppet master would use a puppet. That could also mean that somehow at the end of the mod; Akirakon kills Solomon, and in doing so kills Matilda (I think there was a Force Bond between the two? Then again if one falls to the dark side the bond will fade). Therefore, that is why Matilda will not accompany Revan to the Unknown world. If my speculations are correct (highly unlikely) then Akirakon could very well be the final "boss" of the mod.

I'm probably wrong though. :xp:

Show spoiler
I agree that Akirakon (or rather the Brotherhood as a whole rather than that individual alone) is manipulating Solomon. But I doubt that Solomon and Matilda have that strong a Force Bond. Remember that bonds have varying degrees of strength, and the intensity where one person dies if the other does (Kreia and the Exile) is very, very rare.

I'm betting that Matilda will either die fighting the Brotherhood/Solomon or will be charged by Revan to create her assassin order before Lehon.

@ Keeper DP:

Nice, but any Freeware? :(

Having rescued her from a life of slavery and then training her for over a decade in both the Jedi and Echani ways; the bond between Solomon and Matilda is naturally a deep one. Also, there is the Kobayashi factor. As one of the main characters in terms of screen time, he definitely plays a pivotal role in the events of BoS:SR.

Archived