Home

[WIP] Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

Silveredge9

Update time. The voice recording phase of the project is pretty much finished. Now it's just a matter of implementing those voice files into the game and creating lip syncing files for each and every one of them. For those of you unfamiliar with the process of creating .lip files, it's a very long and tedious process, and considering BoS:SR has around 760ish lines of spoken dialogue - is sure to drive me slowly insane.

Though on the bright side, I'm due a holiday from University the week after next, so that should free up my schedule somewhat.

Also, on a final note, I have a rough estimate of the BoS:SR's eventual file size. Expect it to be somewhere between 1 and 2 GB. Possibly closer to the former.

Anyways, that's all for today.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a lot, but I'm sure it'll be worth it. I'm happy the voice recording phase went well. I'm sure it wasn't an easy task to find the right people and get the right quality. Luckily, we have a helpful community. Good luck with the lip-synching. ;)

I don't envy you S9 when I think about the Lip-synch editing ahead. Nah when thinking about it I envy you since I wouldn't even gotten through one dialog without going insane or tired :xp:

It's a dirty job but someone got to do it.

I wish you good luck :thmbup1:

Damn Lip Synching is annoying. Especially if you want to get those little details just right. It's an insane process. :headbump

Glad to hear that you're willing to take the time to make the lip synching good. I just take a line from a character that looks like an equal length and slap it into the .mod. :p

Hey, I'm a huge fan of the original BoS, so I'm almost as excited about this as I am about the new KOTOR MMO.

I'm making a mod of my own called COTOR (Characters of the Old Republic), which you can see in the Holowan Labs. Anyway, I'm working on making it compatible with the original BoS. I'd like to know if you would be willing to give me permission to use the appearance.2da file from BoS, so I can make it compatible with my mod. Thanks!

Hey, I'm a huge fan of the original BoS, so I'm almost as excited about this as I am about the new KOTOR MMO.

I'm making a mod of my own called COTOR (Characters of the Old Republic), which you can see in the Holowan Labs. Anyway, I'm working on making it compatible with the original BoS. I'd like to know if you would be willing to give me permission to use the appearance.2da file from BoS, so I can make it compatible with my mod. Thanks!

That is what TSLPatcher is for.....

{Snip} Response to deleted off-topic post.

To everyone asking about mod hosting is off topic and will be regarded as spam, no more ok. -RH

I'd like to know if you would be willing to give me permission to use the appearance.2da file from BoS, so I can make it compatible with my mod. Thanks!

Go nuts.

Mandalore the ultimate is pretty good, but he can't be better with bandon model? the posture of the normal characters is not enough impressive to bring to your mandalore a really powerful appearance, the bandon posture looks really imposing.

Mandalore the ultimate is pretty good, but he can't be better with bandon model? the posture of the normal characters is not enough impressive to bring to your mandalore a really powerful appearance, the bandon posture looks really imposing.

You don't make any sense.

Anyways, update time. The voice implementation is all done, and as you would expect, it makes one hell of a difference. On the whole, there's around 850 lines of voiced dialogue, so when compared with say - the original Brotherhood of Shadow, the difference will most definitely be noticeable.

So, what happens now? Well, at the moment I'm playing through the whole thing with a critical eye, fixing mainly any text issues which haven't yet been corrected. After which, the process will be repeated with a number of beta testers. After that, well, that's when the fun begins. ;)

YES!!! Woohoo!!! *fireworks*

Amazing that you got the lip syncing done so fast. I am most impressed.

Regarding what Seikan said: I think he means that your Mandalore the Ultimate would have been better off with Darth Bandon's armor reskinned rather than the outfit you provided. Personally I like the outfit, though it would have been cool if it had a cape. Perhaps when Sithspecter finishes Revan's Flowing Cape mod you could go in and use the animation to add one?

You don't make any sense.

Anyways, update time. The voice implementation is all done, and as you would expect, it makes one hell of a difference. On the whole, there's around 850 lines of voiced dialogue, so when compared with say - the original Brotherhood of Shadow, the difference will most definitely be noticeable.

Holy **** :eek: This is just incredible Silveredge! I can't wait for the release!

I intend on being the first to download this mod!!! It was awesome!!! I liked the Alien references, like " In space no one can hear you scream" on the sign that used to say droid maintenence, or the " Toss it out of the air lock" thing.

Pure genius!!!

Regarding what Seikan said: I think he means that your Mandalore the Ultimate would have been better off with Darth Bandon's armor reskinned rather than the outfit you provided. Personally I like the outfit, though it would have been cool if it had a cape. Perhaps when Sithspecter finishes Revan's Flowing Cape mod you could go in and use the animation to add one?
I very much doubt it's possible to add a Mandalore the Ultimate style cape to an existing model. Though even if it was, I'm not exactly a whiz when it comes to 3D modeling.

Anyways, I've got a collection of new screenshots today. This area of BoS:SR hasn't - until now - been shown at all. Enjoy!

bossr_129.jpg

bossr_130.jpg

bossr_131.jpg

The Ebon Hawk isn't quite as you remember it...

I very much doubt it's possible to add a Mandalore the Ultimate style cape to an existing model. Though even if it was, I'm not exactly a whiz when it comes to 3D modeling.

Anyways, I've got a collection of new screenshots today. This area of BoS:SR hasn't - until now - been shown at all. Enjoy!

bossr_131.jpg

bossr_129.jpg

bossr_130.jpg

The Ebon Hawk isn't quite as you remember it...

red Xs of doom, *edit* nevermind

Archived