Home

Ron Gilbert announces Monkey Island 3!!!

ThunderPeel2001

Wonder if he'll announce Monkey Island 1 tomorrow, just to totally screw with our heads? I mean, if he's only just announcing the first Monkey Island game, why are we all still talking about it? Where did the name 'International House of Mojo' come from? Who the hell is this Ron Gilbert - Maniac Mansion and Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade were okay, but hardly worthy of a whole fansite to him?!

That Christmas one reminds me a lot of Monkey Island... just the style of humour, with the timing and repetition of "Ho Ho Ho" (being like the "Yarr!" of the three important looking pirates).

I think Death Spank (or is it Deathspank?) is going to be awesome! The title seems quite "Monty Python" -- silly but with a valid point behind it. The game should be like that too!

Yeah, that's actually exactly what I thought while I watched the Christmas one. I think it's primarily the way the speaking is just a loop of various mouth animations (also head in the actual MI games), and also the excellent timing of the text in general. Text seems to stick around too long and just not be paced very well when used in games these days. Possibly because today's kids are thick and can't read.

Archived