Home

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

logan23

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh.. I only have one question.... Why are we still calling this a "mod" that greatly insults this. If the masterpiece of BoS is a expansion pack then I think we can call this a sequel. This also brings one thing to my head that may be a bit to late because of the mod's incredible progress. This is really more of a suggestion for all Epic mods like this one, reference other mods within yours, almost treating it like canon. Anyways that just quickly came to my head. Keep up the great work.

I am amazed with the voice acting! Not only do you have people who deliver the lines well but also do an excellent job emulating the original voices. There is no game out there that I am looking forward to playing more then Revenge of Revan! OUTSTANDING!

Aww thanks. :) JediExile didn't have much to work when she received my sound clips thats for sure! Its an amazing game and I totally agree with Christos K that RoR should be called an expansion pack not a mod, my husband said the very same thing the other day! Loud claps to the developers and all involved in the making of it!

Hey guys, i have been playing KotOR and KotOR II TSL since they both came out, but only just got boot camp working on my mac, so only just got TSL on my computer. (Xbox before) and thus finally joined the forums. Would just like to say that RoR is looking great. Nice heads for the PC, and i personally think the VO are great.

Keep it up! :D

^^^ Welcome to the forums JediMaster08!

@Microdotts - who else would have made it? Welcome to the forums, FYI a "WIP" means a "Work in Progress", which means there is no release yet.

@Ferc - pretty incredible isn't it?! They have done an immense amount of work on a continuing basis, with very few gaps or lags... the Project Leader is really keeping it moving, and his crew are top-notch! Nice to see ya!

Yeah, in the TOR thread.

This is not the TOR thread, and that novel has no bearing whatsoever on Logan's storytelling. Not really sure what your point was in posting that link in this thread... I read through the comments, looking for some allusion to this mod, and found nothing. Nor did Drew K. comment at all on this mod in his interview. Totally off-topic, IMO.

Yeah, in the TOR thread.

This is not the TOR thread, and that novel has no bearing whatsoever on Logan's storytelling. Not really sure what your point was in posting that link in this thread... I read through the comments, looking for some allusion to this mod, and found nothing. Nor did Drew K. comment at all on this mod in his interview. Totally off-topic, IMO.

Not to rip on ROR or anything, why would anyone but us Kotor fans here at Holowan care about the unofficial Kotor3?

Hey everyone!

Thanks for all the positive feed back on the VO Reveal video:)

Very interesting and look forward to reading the book when it comes out.

From what I have read that the story will reveal events after kotor1 and up to kotor2 and possible a little after the second game which is actually great since… one RoR takes place 8 years after kotor2 and most likely happen after the book's story which allow me to see if I'm able to take some info from the book as reference material in making RoR more compatible with in the kotor/tor universe.

Not to rip on ROR or anything, why would anyone but us Kotor fans here at Holowan care about the unofficial Kotor3?

Don't worry VP, none taken. I believe that there is a healthy group of star wars fans who would love to see an unofficial kotor3 game that allows them to continue their choices and story from the past two games. From feedback on this forum, deadlystream, moddb.com and other sites that have mention the game in their own personal sites show there is a niche for an unofficial version but fans and players of these games are cautious on getting their hopes up due to past large mods not reaching completion.

When it comes down to it players want a game that is fun and has a compelling story that will respect their choices in kotor1/2, allowing them to see a what if result….because that is what kotor games are....you control the outcome through your choices but we all know there is a cannon version and that's fine as long as we can still live out our adventure of our Exile, Revan, etc character.

I hope to make RoR as compatible as I can but I know there is a chance not everything will line up perfectly but you will be allowed to continue your adventure started in kotor1 and continued through kotor2 which is one of my top goals for the project.

Want to thank everyone for their support and future updates are coming!

Logan:)

Very interesting and look forward to reading the book when it comes out.

From what I have read that the story will reveal events after kotor1 and up to kotor2 and possible a little after the second game which is actually great since… one RoR takes place 8 years after kotor2 and most likely happen after the book's story which allow me to see if I'm able to take some info from the book as reference material in making RoR more compatible with in the kotor/tor universe.

That is why I posted it. I wanted to see what Logan thought about it and how it could potentially influence RoR.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, its time for some more answers to your questions =)

I know the big question here is the one related to the Revan book coming out later this year,…I have an answer but will first answer the other questions then the Revan book one…

Will your mod be utilizing the following:

1) The various animation fixes for droids that Khrizby has developed?

2) The new saber animations currently being discussed on Hunters Run's thread over at LF?

I do not know if I will be using them. I will have to reach out to the modders to see where they are in the mod and wither it fits the game.

Will mods and restorations for K1 and TSL, like the Tatooine Job office for K1 and the Telos polar sidequest mod for TSL for example, have an impact on RoR?

I would love to but I do not know if it’s possible since there is no reading of save games which would come in handy. Since this would be done manually then the question is how I would know if the player played using these mods. Again if there was a save game reader that could read files or a way to setup something. This might have to be left for other modders to build in the content to represent their mod’s story in TSL but it would not be consider RoR cannon.

Again this will be something we can visit once the game is completed.

Will Kaevee be one of those Lost Jedis in Revenge of Revan?

Not decided yet but if Kaevee shows up it would be a cameo, subject to change.

1. In TSL the player has the choice to train certain party members to be Jedi. For the purpose of your mod are you assuming that the exile trained all her party members (those that she could at least) as Jedi? I ask because Bao Dur doesn't appear to be a Jedi in your recent video.

Yes, I assume that Exile trained all the party members to some extent. With Bao-dur this one is left up in the air wither the Exile or another Force user gave him some training but you will discover he took the teaching of the Exile and uses the Force to guide him in his shield research and restoration of planets. You will not find him with a light saber.

2. My favorite planets in the Star Wars universe are the huge city planets. Due to this I am really excited about visiting Couracant in your mod. Other than the Jedi Temple what are the other areas of the great planetary metropolis that we will be visiting? Will we be seeing both rich and poor areas of the city like with Taris?

I can not comment on the areas you will visit on Coruscant.

3. How do you go about reusing areas from the original game while at the same time remaking them into their new identities?

Originally these modules are selected since they are slose to what I need for the module in RoR but as production keeps moving on the module keeps getting changes from skin to NPC and PLC placement. It is an on going process to mold the module into a new identity.

4. Of KOTOR 1 and 2 which is your favorite?

I don’t have a favorite; both are great games with different personalities and strengths.

Do you plan to add markers for the quest givers since I know that ROR is ever changing, meaning that either the NPC will be moving or after a quest or a certain period of time the NPC will move to a different location?

There will be changing of positions of NPC as the story evolves but it will not happen as if you jump in and out of the module. It is more as the story progresses or visit a planet a second time there will be movement in events and time.

Any chance that we'll see a Mission Vao cameo? By now she'd look a lot different so not having the original KOTOR model wouldn't be a problem.

We do plan to have Mission Vao and Big Z return in some manner unless you killed them in kotor1. We even have a person who can do her voice spot on.

Will this party members (koto1/2) be feature on this Revenge of Revan Mod?

Now that Drew Karpyshyn has announced the Revan novel, will you hold off development of the game until you've read the book, so as to avoid contradicting information revealed therein?

This will NOT delay the Revenge of Revan mod/game.

Ever since the Revan book was announced I have been working on the possible issue the book could cause and built/ list of tweaks to RoR to allow it to still work with the book. I have an idea what the book will cover plus RoR takes place years after the book’s story is over. I am very confident that this will only lead to me tweaking section of the game’s plot but the over all will be the same.

This goes into another question about the kotor1/2 characters and wither they show up and will it be a mention or cameo will come down now to the Revan book.

One thing I would like to remind everyone that the Revan book is the cannon male Revan light side ending which means the Dark side male/female Revan do not have to match the book so heavily so this will allow me to define different events based on this Book creating a Cannon version of Revan’s events. In turn this will lead to more personalization and replay value to the mod.

As for content in the Demo which will be released before the Book, I will make what changes I can to the cannon choice version while I can keep the rest the same for the non cannon book version.

RoR’s goal is to be a bridge between the kotor2 and TOR while allowing the player to continue their kotor story as they defined it in kotor1 and kotor2.

I hope this helps.

Keep the questions coming!

Logan

Hey, its time for some more answers to your questions =)

I know the big question here is the one related to the Revan book coming out later this year,…I have an answer but will first answer the other questions then the Revan book one…

I do not know if I will be using them. I will have to reach out to the modders to see where they are in the mod and wither it fits the game.

I would love to but I do not know if it’s possible since there is no reading of save games which would come in handy. Since this would be done manually then the question is how I would know if the player played using these mods. Again if there was a save game reader that could read files or a way to setup something. This might have to be left for other modders to build in the content to represent their mod’s story in TSL but it would not be consider RoR cannon.

Again this will be something we can visit once the game is completed.

Not decided yet but if Kaevee shows up it would be a cameo, subject to change.

Yes, I assume that Exile trained all the party members to some extent. With Bao-dur this one is left up in the air wither the Exile or another Force user gave him some training but you will discover he took the teaching of the Exile and uses the Force to guide him in his shield research and restoration of planets. You will not find him with a light saber.

I can not comment on the areas you will visit on Coruscant.

Originally these modules are selected since they are slose to what I need for the module in RoR but as production keeps moving on the module keeps getting changes from skin to NPC and PLC placement. It is an on going process to mold the module into a new identity.

I don’t have a favorite; both are great games with different personalities and strengths.

There will be changing of positions of NPC as the story evolves but it will not happen as if you jump in and out of the module. It is more as the story progresses or visit a planet a second time there will be movement in events and time.

We do plan to have Mission Vao and Big Z return in some manner unless you killed them in kotor1. We even have a person who can do her voice spot on.

This will NOT delay the Revenge of Revan mod/game.

Ever since the Revan book was announced I have been working on the possible issue the book could cause and built/ list of tweaks to RoR to allow it to still work with the book. I have an idea what the book will cover plus RoR takes place years after the book’s story is over. I am very confident that this will only lead to me tweaking section of the game’s plot but the over all will be the same.

This goes into another question about the kotor1/2 characters and wither they show up and will it be a mention or cameo will come down now to the Revan book.

One thing I would like to remind everyone that the Revan book is the cannon male Revan light side ending which means the Dark side male/female Revan do not have to match the book so heavily so this will allow me to define different events based on this Book creating a Cannon version of Revan’s events. In turn this will lead to more personalization and replay value to the mod.

As for content in the Demo which will be released before the Book, I will make what changes I can to the cannon choice version while I can keep the rest the same for the non cannon book version.

RoR’s goal is to be a bridge between the kotor2 and TOR while allowing the player to continue their kotor story as they defined it in kotor1 and kotor2.

I hope this helps.

Keep the questions coming!

Logan

I'm happy to hear you're bringing back Mission, And Big Z, The more i read this thread, The more it sounds like a revamped KOTOR 1, Can't wait to see where the story takes us!!

Keep up the great work!!

Was it necessary to quote the entire thing. Especially when his post is above yours? Anyways, I agree with how you have chosen to respond to the Revan Book. And I have a quick suggestion. Once the Revan book is released and if you plan to tweak the mod to be compatible with the book, you should leave the compatibility "tweak" as a option so that those of us who prefer the story in RoR can just ignore the Revan book.

Archived