Home

Female Mandalorians

Inyri

This mod basically makes some alterations to the stock Mandalorian model to make it more feminine. I'll be attempting to do a TSL version in the next day or so if I can so sit tight. ;) Check the download link for screenshots.

FEMALE MANDALORIANS

by Inyri Forge

Table of Contents:

1. Introduction

2. Description

3. Installation

4. Distribution and Usage

5. Credits and Thanks

6. Contact

7. Legal

1. INTRODUCTION

Mandalorians -- or neo-crusaders as they're popularly known as in this particular game -- are one of the staples of Star Wars lore. Whenever you want to find a 'cool' villain, it's always a Mandalorian... unless it's a dark Jedi, but that's another story. It's rarely pointed out that most of the non-human enemies/NPCs in the game -- Mandalorians, Bith, Ithorians, Rodians -- are all male! Only a few lucky groups get females, the Tusken Raiders and Wookiees first coming to mind. But of course we all know that if Mandalorians want their legacy to go on there must be women somewhere! So someone said "hey, how about a female Mandalorian?" So I did it.

2. DESCRIPTION

This mod, to be very straightforward, adds female Mandalorians to the game. This is an edit of the original Mandalorian model using Taina's Replacer, so I did my best to feminize the model. It still has a few masculine traits which I did not 'soften up' purposely (even female warriors would be tough as nails... plus Mandalorian gear is heavy armor!). On the whole the model is slimmer and less masculine, although obviously still fit and ready for a fight. It also uses a customized sound set (a mix of default soundsets with a filter over the audio to make it sound like the male Mandalorian).

For kicks I also changed a few of the UTCs on Dantooine to now display the female Mandalorian instead of the male, in case you wanted to see it without using the savegame editor. I'm hoping beyond hope that none of the ones I change ever have anything to say... :p In any case I've also included an unused UTC (n_mandalorianf.utc) kind of as a modder's resource in case someone wants to put these in a custom are for whatever reason.

3. INSTALLATION

This mod uses the TSLPatcher for easy installation. Simply extract the contents of the compressed archive to anywhere on your hard drive, then double click "TSLPatcher.exe" to run the installation. Do not try to install by hand -- it won't work.

4. DISTRIBUTION AND USAGE

This mod may not be distributed to another site without my express permission. The contents may also not be altered or redistributed (in whole or in part) without my express consent. If I become unreachable for whatever reason, you must make reasonable efforts to contact me before altering my work. This is the only case I will allow it to be altered/distributed without my consent.

5. CREDITS AND THANKS

Thanks to the several folks on LucasForums (Holowan Labs section) for suggesting this idea. I needed some cannon fodder. Also thanks to stoffe for use of the TSLPatcher utility as well as the SSF Editor. Thanks to tk102 for the KotOR Savegame Editor (KSE) which I used during testing of this mod. Also thanks to Fred Tetra for KotOR Tool. And hopefully last but not least, thanks to Taina and cchargin for Taina's Replacer and MDLOps, respectively, without which the model could not have come to be.

6. CONTACT

You can reach me in the following ways:

E-mail: inyriforgeATgmailDOTcom

MSN: melissaATfilefrontDOTcom

FileFront Forums SN: Inyri Forge

LucasForums SN: InyriForge

7. LEGAL

THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE, OBSIDIAN, OR LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS TM & © LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.

Looks amazing! Just a question, will they drop the armour when they die on Dantooine?
I only altered the appearance and soundset, nothing more. I also didn't mess with the Mandalorian armor dropped on the unknown world as I believe that's done using a disguise, meaning it would not be reasonably possible to have it appear as the male model on males and the female model on females. If folks are playing through as a female character they can tweak that armor themselves fairly easily (change the 'disguise' from Alien_Mandalorian_01 to Alien_MandalorianF_01).

I must say...

It is about time! Finally, somebody has taken a piece of armor and made it look more like a female is wearing it!

I always hated that part of K1, the armors never showing the fact a woman was wearing it. Besides the obvious, it would no doubt hurt the woman wearing the older armors, now my female jedi has hope of breathing room!

Thank you Inyri! Any chance you could do it for the other armors that don't give the gals breathing room? When and if you have time obviously.

I'll be using this mod! Well done!

Outstanding model work as usual. And I think it's great how you paid attention to the details of sounds and placing the female Mandolorians throughout the game. Not many people would remember to address the details, but great modders do.

Wouldn't you be able to make a new .uti with this armour as a disguise, as well as the default male disguise? That way it could be in someone's inventory and be dropable. (The problem then would be that if a male character put it on, he'd look like a female.)

Wouldn't you be able to make a new .uti with this armour as a disguise, as well as the default male disguise?That way it could be in someone's inventory and be dropable.
Yeah, you could do that. Inyri just didn't add that option in.

The problem then would be that if a male character put it on, he'd look like a female.
Too bad this isn't TSL in this case. You could gender restrict the wearable armor and the problem would be solved.

Can't help it... All I see are men with boobs, lol. Just CAN'T feel like these huge folks in armor are women. I mean - come on, they're shaped like men. Too tall, too... thick to look like women. In any case, I just can't see women in them, no matter how hard I try. So their appearance with "breasts" kinda freaks me off...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Archived