Home

Most likely to happen to the KOTOR series

kotorfan84

Most likely fate of KOTOR series  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Most likely fate of KOTOR series

• Lucas Arts makes a third enstallment to the series
    • Lucas Arts creates a MMORPG based on the same time period
    • The fate of Revan, the exile and the True Sith eventually get explained in a star wars comic
    • We never find out anything about what happened after KOTOR 2

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I think KOTOR may be established enough on it's own to survive a 7-year layoff if it in fact came to that. Final Fantasy Tactics came out in 1997, and the sequel didn't see light of day until about 2002-2003 so that's a 5 to 6 year gap without a sequel, and it did pretty well as far as sales go and what not. I think the question here is, will people in our age group still be expectant of a KOTOR-III come that time, and if so, will we play it or even be interested if it comes to waiting for that long?

I think KOTOR may be established enough on it's own to survive a 7-year layoff if it in fact came to that. Final Fantasy Tactics came out in 1997, and the sequel didn't see light of day until about 2002-2003 so that's a 5 to 6 year gap without a sequel, and it did pretty well as far as sales go and what not.

Same with JK2, and that's much closer to home.

I think the question here is, will people in our age group still be expectant of a KOTOR-III come that time, and if so, will we play it or even be interested if it comes to waiting for that long?
While I know not what age group you refer to I know that as long as I still have time to play video games I'll purchase KotOR III if and when it comes out. :D

I think the question here is, will people in our age group still be expectant of a KOTOR-III come that time, and if so, will we play it or even be interested if it comes to waiting for that long?

There are a lot of people in all different age groups that play the KotOR series. ;)

Here's my thought on the KOTOR stuff. I think that George Lucas is in the process of making the last three movies, as he discussed in the interviews when they first redid the original trilogy, on VHS, and said that he was planning 9 movies, in total. I believe KOTOR III will be released at some point between now and then, in time to also add another, different game, or three, to the mix. One of which can be a MMO, of some sort.

I don't think Lucasarts is stupid enough to leave KOTOR (and Battlefront for that matter) behind. There will be a third. I think Bioware will make it, using the engine created for Mass Effect.

I can't wait for the Force Unleashed to finally see release; not only to play it, but also to see whats next. It is in heavy focus, and we won't know anything about KOTOR III until that has passed. Hell it might even be already in development.

I don't think Lucasarts is stupid enough to leave KOTOR (and Battlefront for that matter) behind. There will be a third. I think Bioware will make it, using the engine created for Mass Effect.

I can't wait for the Force Unleashed to finally see release; not only to play it, but also to see whats next. It is in heavy focus, and we won't know anything about KOTOR III until that has passed. Hell it might even be already in development.

If its already in development, Bioware is not doing it. They havce expressed interest in doing it but unless they are a bunch of liers, they have not even secured the game for themselves yet. Although I would be very pleased with a Bioware K3. True, until FU is released its unlikely that we will hear anything about the development of K3.

As Sgt. Strike pointed out, GL is probly trying to make the next three movies soon. I'm sure that LA has not forgotten about K3, but all this other stuff keeps coming up and delaying production. With the great success of the first two games, I would be very surprised if LA did not make K3.

When George Lucas redid the original Star Wars trilogy in 1990, on VHS, they included an interview with him and Leonard Martin, I believe. In that, he talks about his big book of Star Wars, and how he is going to put out three new Star Wars movies, take some time off, and make the last three Star Wars movies, to start, and finish, the story of Luke, Leia, and the rest. So, the "rumor" of the third trilogy has been around a lot long than The Phantom Menace. And they could be waiting for GL to start casting for the next movie.

• 2 weeks later...

GL has a big company. Even if he is working on "the next 3 movies" its not like thats all that they're doing.

It took 10 years for Starcraft 2 to be released, and all Blizzard does is games.

Its been a little more than 3 years since TSL was released where I am. Pateince is a virture. At 5, with no word, i'll start giving up hope. The nets definatley buzzing with KoTOR, I wouldn't be to sure about "It will be finished in a comic." or "It will never happen." quite yet.

Most ppl can agree that TSL wasn't what everyone had hoped for. I would assume that LA wasn't about to jump into KoTOR 3 head-on like they did with TSL.

They're taking their sweet time, and im fine with that. I've got plenty of games to play while I wait. ;)

GL has a big company. Even if he is working on "the next 3 movies" its not like thats all that they're doing.

It took 10 years for Starcraft 2 to be released, and all Blizzard does is games.

Its been a little more than 3 years since TSL was released where I am. Pateince is a virture. At 5, with no word, i'll start giving up hope. The nets definatley buzzing with KoTOR, I wouldn't be to sure about "It will be finished in a comic." or "It will never happen." quite yet.

Most ppl can agree that TSL wasn't what everyone had hoped for. I would assume that LA wasn't about to jump into KoTOR 3 head-on like they did with TSL.

They're taking their sweet time, and im fine with that. I've got plenty of games to play while I wait. ;)

Agreed!

TSL was rushed into production, and I think that Obsidian made some cuts to the content, to try to save time in releasing TSL. And I think the storyline, and some game features, suffered because of the rush of getting TSL out.

Of course with the boxed set of the 6 Star Wars movies coming out, fairly soon, if not already out, then the next movie being worked on, as well, there is the possibility that since LA is putting out several games, with Battlefront 3 in the forefront, along with the new Indiana Jones movie, that the next KOTOR and movie aren't too far into the future.

Movies and games have their own production companies: "LucasArts" for games and "Lucasfilms" for movies. Aside from writing the stories for movies/tv series', Lucas himself is just an exec. producer.

So as far as Lucasarts, they are either discussing in a group, not dealing with it, or by hopes have a small table of writers and such over in the back corner that no one pays attention to. In any case, I'm not worried about the future of KOTOR. I'm more into the KNOWN future right now, like F.U. and the upcoming tv series.

• 1 month later...
True. What has it been, 4 or 5 years since KotOR II?

TSL came out in Dec. of '04 for Xbox, and Feb. of '05 for PC, so 3-3.5 years ago.

I guess that we can still have hope....

I suppose, but all the hoping everyone has done hasn't seemed to have payed off yet :xp:.

Archived