Home

Save Kreia!!!

Tysyacha

Once upon a time, in the long-forgotten original storyline of The Sith Lords, Atris was an option for being the final enemy you had to defeat and kill. If you had followed the path of the Light Side, even as an exile from the Jedi Order, Atris, and not Kreia, would betray you if you redeemed the latter Sith.

As far as I know, Team Gizka's not planning on restoring this. I KNOW the Dark Atris model is in the game files, as well as sound and voiceover clips. Has anyone ever wanted to try this sort of thing (or even done it yet?)

I believe TG decided not to restore it for a good reason: it can't be restored. The Darth Atris possibility was cut very early on, I believe. If you look through some of the cut dialogue files on Dantooine, you'll see why; it looks like the original plan was that the player would fight either Atris and then Kreia (LS) or Nihilus then Atris (DS), depending on whether Visas or Brianna was a party member (back when Brianna was a LS-only party member, not male PC-only).

So, it might be an interesting addition, and I wish anyone who wants to take it up the best of luck, but I doubt it could be done in a way that would be consistent with the current story.

Somebody could probably do a toned down version of it, just have Kreia be at the polar academy, and have atris at trayus. But how would she get there without fighting Sion...

:xp: Confused

But as JC said, good luck to anyone who decides to try it.

Anyone who hasn't seen the Darth Atris/Traya model just needs to open their swkotor2.ini file and set the "CurSithLord" value to one (CurSithLord=1) under "Game Options" and save. The model will then appear on the main menu screen.

I do find it curious that this concept went so far that a model and Malachor VOs were produced before it was cut.

Someone with an avatar like darthrevan243 has got to be the LA spy then :xp:

Anyways, the reason why it's disbanded is easy: Beta testers from K2 found it strange Atris had a Dark Lady of the Sith robe lying around the Telos Academy and it confused them. And, from such a point of view, (seeing that Anakin Skywalker kept his normal clothing as well) it seems logicall :)

Archived