Home

Star Wars: Clone Wars Trailer

Fredi

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's the first time I've seen the HD version. All the others I'd seen had been low-quality youtube clips. Thanks for sharing the link.

thats far from a HD quality clip. Who the heck would embed a 1080p trailer in flash ;) lolz Try watch that yahoo clip on a full 1080p HDTV and see the garbled mess it becomes.

nope, a full 1080p trailer has yet to surface. Quicktime/trailers is the most obvious place it'd pop up first.

However, sw.com has put up teh best quality clip available yet.

http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000639.html

It'll do until the full HD trailer comes out ;)

mtfbwya

thats far from a HD quality clip. Who the heck would embed a 1080p trailer in flash ;) lolz Try watch that yahoo clip on a full 1080p HDTV and see the garbled mess it becomes.

There was a link for a 720p clip on the yahoo site. 720p qualifies as HD, I think. I know 480 is ED.

EDIT: I was right - 720 does qualify as HD.

The number of lines in the vertical display resolution. High-definition television (HDTV) resolution is 1080 or 720 lines.

Also, FYI, the link for the 720p clip wasn't embedded in a flash player. It opened quicktime and connected to the 720p clip.

There was a link for a 720p clip on the yahoo site. 720p qualifies as HD, I think. I know 480 is ED.

EDIT: I was right - 720 does qualify as HD.

Also, FYI, the link for the 720p clip wasn't embedded in a flash player. It opened quicktime and connected to the 720p clip.

lolz, as someone who builds home theater pcs and media servers as part of my 'other job' I have a very decent handle on what HD is ;) I never mentioned 720p, read my post.

720p is "standard high definition" The yahoo.com QT link is essentially the same as the sw.com clip, an embedded 720p mp4/H264 file.

1080p(1920x1080 non interlaced pixels) is the requirement for a certification of "true" or "Full HD" for any display device, or media presented in this format. 720p is its poor cousin ;)

This is the logo your telly etc will get when is certified as full HD

FullHD1080_logo.gif

tis' a thing of beauty ;) until, you get to 1600p of course.

mtfbwya

Great God, Astro! Must you bring the intricacies of modern display technology into topics as blissfully innocent as Clone Wars? :D

Gurges googles "720p" and then edits his post saying, "um yeah, its HD". He needed to be set straight ;)

Little did he know he was dealing with the man for whom LCD is like LSD :D

OT:

nothing on quicktime/HD yet.

The WBros official site did have the poster up though

Cant say Im a huge fan of it... but I guess they couldnt have done a classic Drew Struzan poster for it ;)

cloneposter.jpg

mtfbwya

Little did he know he was dealing with the man for whom LCD is like LSD

That line is going to stay stuck in my head for a very long time, Astro. :D

What the hell is up with Obi-Wan's head in that poster? Reminds me of the BigHead mutator in the UT games. :xp:

First of all, let me start off by saying that I'm not going to argue the technicalities of HD with you, because you obviously know more than I do, but I still think my statements are correct. Here's why:

You start off by making fun of me for assuming that the embedded flash video is HD, which I quickly disputed because I wasn't referring to the embedded flash video - I was referring to the 720p video that is linked on the same page. Instead of responding to that, you decided to change your argument to proving that 720p isn't HD, which wasn't your original contention. Instead of saying something like "I didn't know you were referring to the 720p clip, nevermind", you try to cover yourself by saying you never mentioned the 720p clip... what does that matter? That's what I was referring to in the first place when you decided to attempt to make me feel stupid for believing the video was HD.

Not only that, but you didn't "set me straight" on the 720p issue either. You said it yourself - 720p is "standard high definition". I never said I watched a certified full HD clip - just an HD clip, which I did, since 720p is HD.

So instead of framing your next post like this:

"lolz... Gurges is stupid b/c I build home theaters... <insert technical knowledge here>"

perhaps you should really focus on what my statements are and what the discussion is truly about.

Little did he know he was dealing with the man for whom LCD is like LSD :D

FYI - separate topic - I'm not a fan of LCD. It sucks for watching sports, which is probably 90% of what I watch on TV. This I am willing to listen to technical information on, since it's germane to the discussion, but from what I can tell LCD does not handle a lot of movement well and looks grainy.

Also, question for Astrotoy, since you are the resident expert, any news on the Laser TV technology? I remember reading last year that it was supposed to come out Christmastime of 07, which obviously didn't happen.

<blerg>

Also, question for Astrotoy, since you are the resident expert, any news on the Laser TV technology? I remember reading last year that it was supposed to come out Christmastime of 07, which obviously didn't happen.

relax Gurges. You are talking about S-HD, Me True-HD. We both agree, lets leave it at that. Sites usually dont embed 1080p clips in flash simply as they are bandwidth killers. We'll get there one day, though ;)

Also, make sure you throw in at least some reference to the OT!

>>yes, obi was AND anakin look weird, but part of it is that we are not used to seeing an animation format SW movie poster. When we see the clonies, the vertical battles, the saberizm, all will be lovely :D

LCD is my preference simply as I output via pc. We all know LCD doesnt have "true black" because of the lamp blaring away in the background. This is important for me personally as the strong steady light source makes this easier on my eyes/epilepsy.

Sony/samsung panels dont suffer the same artefacting as earlier LCD panels. I watch heaps of sports, and have never noticed it. Alot of this depends on your input source, as mine is PC, this is further reduced. Some set-top-boxes are shocking.

Laser Tv is one of those technologies that is hanging in the balance. Its main rival being OLED It is almost getting to the stage of a 'format war' type situation, like BR vs HD-DVD, though not as heated, as mature people are doing the discussing. Personally, I like OLED>simply due to its environmental pluses and bio-makeup. But Lazer has its striong points too. Still, the scuttlebut in the home theater peeps world is along the same lines>OLED FTW.

If laser can result in stable, quality products that are competitively priced, theres no reason it cant coexist though, like plasma and LCD do. Then, dont forget SED :D

feel free to ask me any further ques via PM< I love talkin about that stuff :D well, its my second job, after all. hehe

mtfbwya

Why dose Anakin has the legacy era simbol in his shoulder? ... weird ... (look at the poster)

I did notice that... yes, its definitely not the old republic or Bendu symbol.

Looks like canon is going to get shot in the foot(again) or some feverish retconning is happening in the background. I wonder what those crazy fools at TFN EU forum think? :p

*teleports to TFN*

mtfbwya

Archived