Home

Force Unleashed Platforms.

How's developing games for consoles easier? In fact, programmers are having some trouble with the PS3

Because consoles are uniform and static in terms of capability (though the PS3 is complicated because of its construction). PCs are as varied as their users, and without a consistent base, it's difficult to make anything for that platform. The PC version would have to be something like the PS2 version anyway in order to be useable on most PCs...i doubt PC users would like that.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because consoles are uniform and static in terms of capability (though the PS3 is complicated because of its construction). PCs are as varied as their users, and without a consistent base, it's difficult to make anything for that platform. The PC version would have to be something like the PS2 version anyway in order to be useable on most PCs...i doubt PC users would like that.

Yes, PCs have multiple configurations, but there's a little something called "graphics options" that allows the player to adequate them to their machines.

yes but PCs can be configured to match what the computer can and can't handle. if you want better graphics and your computer can handle it then they can have better graphics on a ps2 you can't do that it's stuck the way it is and I think you can only get mods on a computer right?

Yes but consoles don't require that its the same game for everybody and nobody has to worry about a crash, game freeze, or the game being slow....the graphics may vary a bit though on different consoles.

And? I don't see how's that a difficulty for the devs.

Yes, PCs have multiple configurations, but there's a little something called "graphics options" that allows the player to adequate them to their machines.

it's not all about graphics, check the 4th post

Personally if i can't play it on max graphics it annoys me; my PC would very likely be able to run Force Unleashed (i still can't find a way to make this thing lag), but if a PC version were made, it wouldn't have DMM or Euphoria. Would PC users accept a port of the PS2 version? My assumption is no.

It is waaay more complicated than that. There are great differences between the actual hardware that need to be considered on different PC platforms. There are also the interactions between different parts of a configuration that need to be considered. It isn't simply a matter of "turning things down."

true... not all games can be played on a pc by just turning the graphics down, but the way TFU looks it should run on a pretty old machine, I mean mine was bought in 2004 and it runs Medal of Honor: Airborne so it should work on most of people's pcs

It is waaay more complicated than that. There are great differences between the actual hardware that need to be considered on different PC platforms. There are also the interactions between different parts of a configuration that need to be considered. It isn't simply a matter of "turning things down."

Hold up... You mean to tell me that the graphical options menu isn't a mystical configuration utility that through means of ancient magicks twists and contorts any game to run on my computer box? You're actually saying that various hardware builds and their respective interfaces to each other on any given motherboard somehow play a vital role in all this and that the developers would have to build in all that graphical scalability and find workarounds for any given number of quirks in the innumerable hardware configurations? I call shinannigans on you and your mumbo jumbo, good sir. :carms:

true... not all games can be played on a pc by just turning the graphics down, but the way TFU looks it should run on a pretty old machine, I mean mine was bought in 2004 and it runs Medal of Honor: Airborne so it should work on most of people's pcs

uhhh...which version of TFU we talking about here? lol

There's about four pc gamers that would be happy with a PS2 port to PC. I don't think the PS2 players will even be happy with the PS2 version.

That is true. I won't be all that happy with the PS2 version.

Hold up... You mean to tell me that the graphical options menu isn't a mystical configuration utility that through means of ancient magicks twists and contorts any game to run on my computer box? You're actually saying that various hardware builds and their respective interfaces to each other on any given motherboard somehow play a vital role in all this and that the developers would have to build in all that graphical scalability and find workarounds for any given number of quirks in the innumerable hardware configurations? I call shinannigans on you and your mumbo jumbo, good sir. :carms:
You're just mad that I blew your ****ing mind!

There we go, lol. Yeah, I could run TFU on my machine (if 360 can, mine can), but i still don't really care for a PC version. It's mission-based and extremely detailed, so what could people really mod? Plus they'd have to enable DMM or Euphoria for certain modded objects or characters. Plus i just have never really been into action-ey games on PC (RTS or RPG mostly).

check this vid out it shows a demonstration of DMM and Euphoria

http://www.tv.com/uservideos/?action=video_player&id=cCE1kjX45bgEsjHY

Yeah, it's truly a shame that us devoted PC enthusiasts who have been fans since the beginning, won't have the opportunity to bring out TFU's full potential such as DMM and Euphoria, because it would be a "Watered Down Experience" on a PC :sarcasm:. It's too bad a company like Lucas Arts has to be greedy.

Cyne

Archived