Home

Revan's Flowing Cape & Belt (K1 & TSL)

To answer your question, there are multiple instances of certain utps. There is a way tho to put an item in a placeable without affecting other placeables.

See this thread.

Thank you TriggerGod :)

That post certainly did answer my question, thanks for the link :)

Unfortunately there is no way I can place an item in an ULP since I am on Macintosh version of KotOR :(

I tried something radical, and copied my entire KotOR folder from Mac onto my Windows partition, installed KotOR II and then swapped the KotOR II files and folders with the KotOR ones from my Mac partition lol

To my surprise KotORTool actually let me extract files from the .bif/.rim files and save them to my hardrive. I could then open the files one by one in KotORTool, allowing me to edit, in this case, a few .uti files, a lightsaber, robe etc...

However the 'search for text' in .bif/.rim files isn't working so I am having trouble finding a placeable I need. But all in all I won't be using an ULP since I need a custom made item from another mod, and it is placed in the footlker.uti found on Endar Spire dorm, and I have no idea how to save this custom made item and put it in a placeable of my own :(

I will be using the footlker.uti for the items I need, I just hope it doesn't stop me from advancing the story at any point later on... so far I got to Tatooine with no problems, except the fact that the items in the Endar Spire dorm footlocker came up a few times more, meaning I have 3 Revan's Robes now lol

Anyway thanks for the advice :)

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you TriggerGod :)

That post certainly did answer my question, thanks for the link :)

Unfortunately there is no way I can place an item in an ULP since I am on Macintosh version of KotOR :(

I tried something radical, and copied my entire KotOR folder from Mac onto my Windows partition, installed KotOR II and then swapped the KotOR II files and folders with the KotOR ones from my Mac partition lol

To my surprise KotORTool actually let me extract files from the .bif/.rim files and save them to my hardrive. I could then open the files one by one in KotORTool, allowing me to edit, in this case, a few .uti files, a lightsaber, robe etc...

However the 'search for text' in .bif/.rim files isn't working so I am having trouble finding a placeable I need. But all in all I won't be using an ULP since I need a custom made item from another mod, and it is placed in the footlker.uti found on Endar Spire dorm, and I have no idea how to save this custom made item and put it in a placeable of my own :(

I will be using the footlker.uti for the items I need, I just hope it doesn't stop me from advancing the story at any point later on... so far I got to Tatooine with no problems, except the fact that the items in the Endar Spire dorm footlocker came up a few times more, meaning I have 3 Revan's Robes now lol

Anyway thanks for the advice :)

I think a way around is to also edit Trask's utc and dlg or something. But then I only quickly looked at the content's of one of Shem's mods. http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Darth_Revans_Robes;64116

Try looking at the files, as I really have no idea what I'm talking about.

• 2 weeks later...

Love your signature Salzella. Pretty neat screenshot :)

I am nearing the end of KotOR and I am not gonna play it again hehe. Best game ever, but for me that was it. I am moving on to KotOR II as soon as the RES project is done.

But I still can't wait to see this mod in action :D

I agree with whatthehell

Love your signature Salzella. Pretty neat screenshot :)

I am nearing the end of KotOR and I am not gonna play it again hehe. Best game ever, but for me that was it. I am moving on to KotOR II as soon as the RES project is done.

But I still can't wait to see this mod in action :D

I agree with whatthehell

so its augest is there any update on how it is going ss?

What did you just say to us?

Spell correctly please, it's annoying to hear people talk like how you just did.

say to us? what the hell does that mean i was jsut asking about mod, i dont like people talking down to someone... wow

Since this thread has become little more than a "how far are you on this mod?" thread, I'm going to ask a moderator to close it. There's really not much that I can show you until the whole thing is done, so please please be patient!

Thread unlocked as per SS's request - j7

• 5 months later...

Whew! I know it's been a long time since I've posted an update, and there's been a reason. I'm lazy. I apologize for the length of time that it has taken me to get back working on this again.

Anyway, here's the official frame count: 13,300 out of 18,001 frames.

I know that it has taken this long to do only 2/3 of it, but I'm going to shoot for doing at least 250 frames everyday, that way I can get it out pretty soon without going insane doing the seemingly identical defense animations over and over... :xp:

Also, I've got a little eye candy for you, Revan in combat! As they say, a screenshot is worth a thousand words. (Well, they're not all combat, but way updated since Shem's video)

uprevan001.jpg

uprevan002.jpg

uprevan003.jpg

uprevan004.jpg

Please refer to the opening post Frequently Asked Questions before posting any questions.

Edit: Also, due to the amount of time that it has taken me so far, I'm afraid that I am forced to canel the TSL version of this mod. I'm sorry, but I really don't want to go through all this mess again.

Wow I like the Power Jump cape animation was that one of the hardest to make? Good work this The Enhancment Mod and K1 Influence Mod willl definately get me back into KotOR. Right now its unistalled hehehe Last time it was installed there was a glitch with Malak at the ending fight but I wont get into that. If I see the problem happen again next time I install KotOR than you will hear me hehehe. Keep up the good work SS :)

Whew! I know it's been a long time since I've posted an update, and there's been a reason. I'm lazy. I apologize for the length of time that it has taken me to get back working on this again.

No need to apologize SS, its quite understandable. I'dd never start on a thing like this :)

Really admire you're patience and determination to get things to work.

You've done great stuff for the 3D stuff of modding things related to Kotor.

*what an akward sentence*

:golfclap: For your many great deeds and discoverys.

Anyway, here's the official frame count: 13,300 out of 18,001 frames.

I know that it has taken this long to do only 2/3 of it, but I'm going to shoot for doing at least 250 frames everyday, that way I can get it out pretty soon without going insane doing the seemingly identical defense animations over and over... :xp:

You would fall to the dark side by it :lol:

Also, I've got a little eye candy for you, Revan in combat! As they say, a screenshot is worth a thousand words. (Well, they're not all combat, but way updated since Shem's video)

Wow, very nice shots SS !

Edit: Also, due to the amount of time that it has taken me so far, I'm afraid that I am forced to canel the TSL version of this mod. I'm sorry, but I really don't want to go through all this mess again.

Was to be expacted, though isn't the ASCII file neutral ?

Is it possible to compile it to just TSL code ?

Guess not else you wouldve done it :lol:.... *noob me*

Archived