Home

Nihilus Vs Darth Malak.

Revan 411

Nihilus looks cooler, that being the sole reason as to why he illustrates the cover for K2. Other than that, he has no story, is easy to beat and don't say anything comprehensible. He actually represents how much Obsidian failed with K2 for me. Malak wins this contest.

Nihlis is better cause he seems more mistarys and more eviler and well malak is just a idiout who used the Star Forge wayy too much and it came to his downfall while Nihlis was more smarter and was more powerful then malak.

If K2 was finished then Nihlis would become the best villion.

Here we go...

Nihlis is better cause he seems more mistarys and more eviler[/Quote]

He's more 'eviler'? Really? I guess that depends on how you equate evil. And he's not mysterious, just badly written.

malak is just a idiout who used the Star Forge wayy too much[/Quote]

I wouldn't say his use of the Star Forge was too much, or that was what caused his downfall. His overconfidence caused his downfall, overconfidence brought about by what he percieved as Revan's weakness.

Nihlis was more smarter and was more powerful then malak. [/Quote]

I'm wondering how you reach this conclusion. We don't see (or hear) enough of him to tell that he's smarter. He certainly wasn't smart enough to end the Triumvirate (strange, considering he can apparently eat the Force).

No, he wouldn't be.

As for my vote, Malak, if we're going on character development. If we're going on overblown, ridiculous Force abilities, Nihilus.

And remember, spell-check is your friend. :)

I like nihilus better than malak i really wish he would get more of a backstory. As for a duel i think malak would win. Reason for that is simple if nihilus is so powerful why did he not take over the entire sith empire from malak and/or Revan. Cuz obviously he was alive and probably just as powerful as he was during tsl game

I like nihilus better than malak i really wish he would get more of a backstory.

Wait, what? Nihilus gets MORE backstory than Malak? I don't recall that at all.

As for a duel i think malak would win. Reason for that is simple if nihilus is so powerful why did he not take over the entire sith empire from malak and/or Revan. Cuz obviously he was alive and probably just as powerful as he was during tsl game

Nihilus probably was powerful...but I doubt he just instantly got powerful enough out of thin air to challenge Revan or Malak. He didn't do enough side-quests to gain XP and level up :).

Nihilus has absolutely no depth unless you start speculating about him. He's an overpowered, silly character even if you delve into the cut content which makes him undefeatable (Yet you'd somehow be expected to defeat him anyway? Sounds like Star Wars' version of FF7's Sephiroth -- no wonder people drool all over him). By the end of KotOR you have some feelings about Malak. He has a background, he has motivations, he has recognizable speech... I don't see how people can possibly like Nihilus better than Malak.

Nihilus has no personality and no motivation beyond primal instincts. As flat as Malak's character may be, at least he has some character.

Nihlis is better cause he seems more mistarys and more eviler and well malak is just a idiout who used the Star Forge wayy too much and it came to his downfall while Nihlis was more smarter and was more powerful then malak.

I am not sure if I should take this seriously.

Also, could anyone tell me what a mistarys person is?

Malak is a far more developed character, though I was really touched when we got that one insight into Nihilus's core beliefs when he said, "Rofghahdstjhadnfag".

Yeah, it was nice that they took the effort to develop his character so much. :lol:

Visas: My Lord, I have felt a great disturbance in the force...

Nihilus: Gurgle, Gurgle, Glarg!

Malak is a far more developed character, though I was really touched when we got that one insight into Nihilus's core beliefs when he said, "Rofghahdstjhadnfag".

Isn't it amazing how they can give life and personality to Nihilus and T3-M4, who say nothing but nonsense that isn't even translated?

Isn't it amazing how they can give life and personality to Nihilus and T3-M4, who say nothing but nonsense that isn't even translated?
Not really... since neither Nihilus or T3-M4 had any personality. :xp:

They did fine with R2-D2, but they didn't even try with T3-M4, for the most part. Especially in K1.

T3 is a droid, it isn't even necessary to give him a character.

I'll admit, Nihilus has a lot of room to be developed into a very interesting character given proper backstory, but KotOR III is way too far off even to consider counting that. And in game, the planet eater gets taken down like he's a playground bully. First time I played the game, I thought I was in for an actual fight.

Archived