Home

Nihilus Vs Darth Malak.

Revan 411

Nihilus: No vocabulary; impossible to understand; had the chances against my party like a snowball would have in hell; no backstory.

Malak: Cool story; decent vocabulary; can understand him; beat me too many times to count.

Hmm.... I think that Malak is the winner here.

Nihilus: Garble, blarg, roar. (Translated: I hate you so much!)

• 2 weeks later...

^ Ever considered compatibility mode? Or...removing the keyboard from your monitor might help as well :xp:

I think Nihilus would win. Malak is nothing more then a Jedi turned DS, whilst Nihilus is PURE evilness and Sith (he was supposed to be the evil side of the Exile, split off because of all the terror that happened on Malachor).

Nihilus is also more powerfull in matters of power. He has been consumed to an insane level, while Malak isn't.

Plus, one of the devs. original ideas was to have Nihilus wear Revan's skull...which makes him stronger then Revan, and Revan was stronger then Malak :D

^ Ever considered compatibility mode? Or...removing the keyboard from your monitor might help as well :xp:

I think Nihilus would win. Malak is nothing more then a Jedi turned DS, whilst Nihilus is PURE evilness and Sith (he was supposed to be the evil side of the Exile, split off because of all the terror that happened on Malachor).

Nihilus is also more powerfull in matters of power. He has been consumed to an insane level, while Malak isn't.

Plus, one of the devs. original ideas was to have Nihilus wear Revan's skull...which makes him stronger then Revan, and Revan was stronger then Malak :D

The Exile must be a true beast when it comes to the Force then, because she makes short work of Nihilus.

Da_Man_2423 wrote:

The Exile must be a true beast when it comes to the Force then, because she makes short work of Nihilus.

That's simply failed gameplay. They didn't even have time to work out Nihilus backstory. We heared the theory about the split halfs in an interview with the creator of the game, actually.

But yeah. I think he was FAR underpowered for what he's supposed to be. He should be at least just as strong as the PC.

This is made of fail. Nihilus rules because he's an absolute, he's not a person like the other two Sith Lords. To Quote Scorchy's walkthrough of Nihilus

He's A God waiting To Be Torn Down

Malak was A typical cartoon villain. I mean,what the hell is with his cheesy laugh?:confused: I mean, really...

• 1 month later...
Nihilus has absolutely no depth unless you start speculating about him.

I agree with this 100%, but I like to speculate so it makes me a Nihilus fan. I appreciated Malak's story, and I thought it was well developed, but that didn't make me like Malak any more than if it had been void of development like Nihilus' story was. The point is Malak is a douche bag, with decent force sensitivity and a lot of brute strength. That's not likeable for me, especially as a Dark Lord of the Sith. Malak makes a much better apprentice.

I will agree Nihilus is a bit silly, but the little we do know about him piques my interest. Based on what we know, I like Nihilus better than Malak.

Additionally, some people pointed out that Nihilus isn't more powerful because he didn't take over the sith even though he could "eat" the force...? This is stupid, IMO. Kreia clearly states that Nihilus isn't a true Sith because he doesn't care about killing Jedi or enhancing the Sith; he only cares for his survival, which is dependent on "eating" the force. His nihilistic belief/attitude fits well with his name. In some ways this makes him more dangerous than a Sith Lord.

Malak is a far more developed character, though I was really touched when we got that one insight into Nihilus's core beliefs when he said, "Rofghahdstjhadnfag".

Thanks Foley, I think I finally understood what Nihilus was trying to say or the language he was speaking. He's just a bad l3375p34k3r.

I despised Malak because he was so two-dimensional and greedy. I used that word properly because that's all he ever was. I enjoy getting rid of him at the end of KOTOR and... I just despise the character. He acted like Darth Vader, but he had no tragic past that lead him to the darkside. He was just just a plain fallen jedi with a lust for making himself seem more important than he actually was.

Nilhilus was different... the fact he was faceless and mute was much more intimidating. Malak was loud and obnoxious... Nilhilus was a silent death. I think his character could have been so much more, but the story didn't make him the 'ultimate villain' in KOTOR II and they missed the chance for a very different enemy from the standard 'all powerful sith lord.'

I remember playing KII for the first time and after defeating Nihilus, I was fairly disappointed, because The only thing I knew or saw of hi was found in that cut scene with Visas and the confrontation. Oh... and that little that Kreia told me about him.

Archived