Home

Insults

Burnseyy

I use "murglak" and "son of a murglak" a lot. It's pretty simple, and it's mentioned in K2 once or twice. And schutta, obviously. But I try to keep it to a minimum; some of the made up ones are quite silly. And I try to avoid using bantha, seeing as they're only native to some small dustball no one's ever heard of.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ Oops, sorry! I see that you did... classic.

If only there was a Monty Python spin-off of Star Wars... we would never have this problem. "You're mother was a Dewback and you're father smell't of Bantha-Poodoo! Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!"

:) I'm glad this is one of the first things I read in the morning. :)

You could just use actual insults. When I read something, seeing made-up words like "schutta", "bantha fodder", "ranto skrag", "krif", "frag", "stshlap", and so on put a damper on my immersion in the story.

I'd just like to know what words like krif actually mean. Could make a lot of star wars characters look a lot more foul mouthed.

I'll never forget Atton telling Mira to "go sit on a rocket". He's so cute when he's grouchy <3

haha I remember that. But what killed it was, my friend was round at the time, and he thought he said "Eat a rocket" >_>

So I was there trying to explain that it was "Sit on a rocket" for like 10 minutes.

^ Shem, your vids and pics never fail to make me lol

Me too! You name it, Shems got a good video or picture for it. :) (Disclaimer: And no I´m not encouraging anybody to spam with numerous requests just to see if Shem indeed does have a pic or vid for everything. :xp: )

Thanks for the link Rev! Very useful...gave me some ideas...

-HOP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I created a random type of vermin called a yelt rat in one of my old fics that I got a number of PMs about from people who found the term amusing. I've come to use the term yelt-spawn in my current works when I have characters insulting each other. Not exactly canon, though, so I don't know how much it helps - though I'm working on spreading it far enough to get it into an official LA project. :xp:

Archived