Home

Olympic fever

Rinku

Are you watching the Olympics? Have you caught the Olympic fever?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Are you watching the Olympics? Have you caught the Olympic fever?

• I'm watching the Olympics but have not caught the Olympic fever
    • I'm watching the Olympics and have caught the Olympic fever
    • I am not watching the Olympics but still have the Olympic fever
    • I am not watching the Olympics and have not caught the Olympic fever
    • Olympics???? What are you talking about????

I have permanent Olympic fever. I love the games, and I watch them every time they come around. The opening ceremonies were tremendous. Phelps is an amazing swimmer. The American Men's swimming relay shattered the world record last night and managed to edge out the French--just unbelievable.

I have permanent Olympic fever. I love the games, and I watch them every time they come around. The opening ceremonies were tremendous. Phelps is an amazing swimmer. The American Men's swimming relay shattered the world record last night and managed to edge out the French--just unbelievable.

I saw that too!!! I was yelling at the top of my lungs, (during the final 50m) "C'mon you can beet him! GO! GO! GO! (pause as both teams touch the wall) YEAH! WE WON! NO WAY! YEAH!!" It was just an amazing comeback I can't wait for the other swimming events and for Track and Field.

Note: I also have permanent Olympic fever. I know more about olympic athletes than any other sport. You could sort of say I watch the Olympics religiously. :lol:

It's too bad Ave's got me on her ignore list.

It means she won't see it when I call her a hormonal teenage girl.

_EW_

I'm completly aware of this. As a matter a fact, I embrace it fully.

OMG MEN'S GYMNASTICS TEAM FINALS TONIGHT. ALEXANDER ARTEMEV, GO MURDER THAT POMMEL HORSE BB <333

Here, I'll help you out :lol:

Awww, thanks ChAiNz <3.

Damn straight. I love the olympics.

_EW_

OMG Phelps goes for two medals tonight, and two world records. He now has the most gold medals ever (11)!!!! WOW the relay team broke 7 minutes in the 4x200m. NICE NEW WORLD RECORD!! Phelps basically won the 200m freestyle with his eyes closed because of his goggles.

I feel so bad for US women's gymnastics :( but hey China won it fair and square.

I feel so bad for US women's gymnastics :( but hey China won it fair and square.

Nastia Liukin and Shawn Johnson got revenge yesterday, so all is well. Those judges kept trying to find ways to deduct points and get the Chinese up there. Don't say they weren't trying to do that.

Yeah, there was some sort of controversy about it, the Serbians didn't like the outcome or whatever, even though the touchpads in the water can't lie! (or can they?)

The women's soccer team plays Japan, I think, so that should be a good game. The U.S. has apparently never lost to Japan in 21 matches (plus we beat them earlier in these Olympics), so hopefully they do fine.

I'll be watching the men's basketball team play Spain. The women's team obliterated them yesterday.

I normally do watch them at night before I go to bed, so ya.

I've watched every single one of Phelps' races with my girlfriend. I've also seen a good amount of water polo, a lot of beach volleyball, some gymnastics, and a touch of handball.

One thing that I can't watch is track.

Going for number 7 tonight I believe. Wonder how much of the Star-Spangled Banner is getting stuck in the heads of everyone at the Water Cube. I think it cut out once early, and everyone started laughing.

I saw that, in fact. It stopped right at the end. I wasn't laughing, however :indif:

Yeah, there was some sort of controversy about it, the Serbians didn't like the outcome or whatever, even though the touchpads in the water can't lie! (or can they?)

Oh, anything electronic can malfunction. They just went to the camera to see whether or not it looked like Cavic won, and it was obvious that Phelps out touched him.

_EW_

Archived